• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I would have understand midnight at pacific time but 9 am? WTF is this?

BadWolf

Is bloody palace still timed? i hope not..

Unfortunately it is unchanged.

Between her Explosion Shot (You pretty much always want her pistols charged) and Trigger Happy, I haven't really had a need to use Kalina Ann, though I do use Rush Hour (The stinger-esque move with the Shotgun) to close some ground distance every now and then.

I can't wait to see what shenanigans people will find with her.

You may want to reconsider your stance on Kalina Ann, this is the vid I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPlWoVLFMsg

She really tears through enemies with it, especially the Angelos.

And yeah, also really looking forward to the tech people find with her, both intended and unintended (ala inertia).

Seyavesh

I think the debug menu might commented out in release builds of the game. I've tried to access the debug menu in other MT Framework games, but I've had no success. It's a shame as the debug menu is super useful.

how was the debug menu found for the original version of dmc4?
was dmc4 the first MT framework game to come out on PC?

You may want to reconsider your stance on Kalina Ann, this is the vid I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPlWoVLFMsg

She really tears through enemies with it, especially the Angelos.

Yo damn, there's a whole lot of stuff in there that I never thought to cancel before.

Time to practice in Bloody Palace!

I think that was Lost Planet. DMC4 might have been second, though.

Tarry

Early Czech copies of the PC version were accidentally shipped with the Debug mode on and Lost Planet was the first PC game to use MT framework

Amani

Just got my e-Capcom version 2 hours ago. Vergil's Concentration meter is super weird. The whole no running thing in particular will be interesting to master.

Fuck that Grim Grip puzzle in Mission 3 though, that's still bullshit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
door to the fight where nero gets his DT. loading took way longer than normal, then just stopped.

That's weird. I'm past that part now. Were you playing as Nero? I hope you didn't lose too much progress. Asian version, I'm guessing?

Armaly

Oh man, PC version comes out at 12pm eastern instead of 12am. Looks like I can catch some shut eye.
Or do a quick run through of 1 and 3...

Rymuth

c9306abf91.png
good stuff. We're off to a great start.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
That's weird. I'm past that part now. Were you playing as Nero? I hope you didn't lose too much progress. Asian version, I'm guessing?

i played through the level again and it worked normally. i did use rest mode a couple times since starting, but i have no idea. hopefully it isn't a common thing. and yeah, jp ver.

Sectus

One version of DMC4 shipped with a debug build instead of release build (Polish version if I recall), and I think someone just stumbled upon a very simple key combination to access debug menus (it's ctrl + f1 or something along those lines).

Lost Planet 1 was the first MT Framework game on PC (late 2007 if I recall). DMC4 was the second one.

Just got my e-Capcom version 2 hours ago. Vergil's Concentration meter is super weird. The whole no running thing in particular will be interesting to master.

Fuck that Grim Grip puzzle in Mission 2 though, that's still bullshit.

is e-Capcom version the one with the survey?

TGMIII

How much depth do Lady & Trish seem to have to them. Lady especially seems fairly underwhelming from what I've seen.

For a good time, check out the Steam forums for this game. It's shitpost city since we have to wait an extra twelve hours to play. Perhaps they'll pull a Xenoverse and just release it early? They're deleting threads about it, so perhaps something will be done.

Shauni

I really wish I would've bit the bullet and imported the game now. It just feels so empty not having a boxed version of a DMC game. Maybe Capcom will pull an Old Blood, and I can buy it down the road for $15-20 to have it be part of the collection.

Two hours left. I'm already running out of new good Vergil gameplay to hold me over, and I've got nothing else to do with the other action games I've been playing leading up to this.

I really wish I would've bit the bullet and imported the game now. It just feels so empty not having a boxed version of a DMC game. Maybe Capcom will pull an Old Blood, and I can buy it down the road for $15-20 to have it be part of the collection.
Even more relevant, they did it with DuckTales Remastered last gen, and that was across four platforms. (Even PC!)

Keep hope alive.

Skrams

I've never pre loaded anything on PS4. I do see the icon and the timer on my media bar though, but no notification that it downloaded.

Should just be able to click it and hit download. I did that earlier this morning and it worked out fine.

I do find it weird though that I was able to add DMC4 SE and the costumes both to my queue back when I prepurchased a while ago. I would of figured it would of autostarted when it became available for preload, but nope. I think the costumes might of actually started downloaded before I hit download on the game actually, but I might be remembering wrong.

Should just be able to click it and hit download. I did that earlier this morning and it worked out fine.

I do find it weird though that I was able to add DMC4 SE and the costumes both to my queue back when I prepurchased a while ago. I would of figured it would of autostarted when it became available for preload, but nope. I think the costumes might of actually started downloaded before I hit download on the game actually, but I might be remembering wrong.
I wanna say the same happened for me as well. Both the theme and costumes downloaded immediately, but not the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh isn't that actually better?
Especially for a budget title.

Yes and no. Yes in that less cash upfront is beating more cash upfront. No, in that it's only a short-term chart. IIRC Steam only calculates the best seller by... an hour? A day? It's a short-term and never really an "accurate" assessment of anything more than "within the past hour this has sold more than that."

Edit: Also as a counter-point this also means that DMC ($20) has to sell more than Batman/etc. ($60) to get on that chart. Good for revenue purposes, but bad for actual "owners" because Batman may be selling more than DMC but we can't accurate say HOW much because of the revenue being more than DMC.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes and no. Yes in that less cash upfront is beating more cash upfront. No, in that it's only a short-term chart. IIRC Steam only calculates the best seller by... an hour? A day? It's a short-term and never really an "accurate" assessment of anything more than "within the past hour this has sold more than that."

Edit: Also as a counter-point this also means that DMC ($20) has to sell more than Batman/etc. ($60) to get on that chart. Good for revenue purposes, but bad for actual "owners" because Batman may be selling more than DMC but we can't accurate say HOW much because of the revenue being more than DMC.

It depends on what you're looking for. Here, we're just using it as a barometer of immediate financial success, on launch day. For this purpose, the popularity chart serves its purpose. The fact that DMC4SE has to sell more to get on that chart is a testament further to the number of people buying it.

As much as I want to I can't stay up for this tonight or I'll be dead at work tomorrow.

I'm sure the updates in this thread will make the day go by slowly and painfully too...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just completed my first run!

I've gotta say, the boost to Red Orbs and Proud Souls is really great. You can get 85% of your moves in your first run.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Pre-ordered a couple of hours ago and doing the pre-load now.

1406682314369.jpg

9 months ago I had Bayonetta 2 now I have a special edition of DMC4. Outstanding.

I haven't had time to at my ps4 at all lately. I don't know when I'll be able to in the coming weeks, too...

I still preordered the shit out this...I can't for when I get some time...25 is a steal for this game...

Feeling so motivated.

Dugna

Just sitting back looking at vergil on my theme background and seeing a clock slowly ticking down to midnight....not sure why I'm excited at all, I didn't even buy DMC4 when it came out. Maybe it's me getting into Bayonetta on Wii U that made me want DMC4...

Top Bottom