• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Coda

Just sitting back looking at vergil on my theme background and seeing a clock slowly ticking down to midnight....not sure why I'm excited at all, I didn't even buy DMC4 when it came out. Maybe it's me getting into Bayonetta on Wii U that made me want DMC4...

It's a great game. You'll enjoy it.

Gah, 13 hours until it unlocks. I was hoping to try it out before work tomorrow.

Is that for Steam? Or for PS4 too O;?

Unfortunately it is unchanged.

Bummer. Hate DMC2 all you want, but that Bloody Palace was perfect. Bosses intermingled with other bosses, as well as enemies and what not. It was fantastic. Fighting the Despair Embodied, and the big orangutan boss at the same time was a blast.(especially if you got to...I believe the 9th room, which is always a boss fight, and then using the 100 portal every time, it was just a progressively harder boss rush mode.)

Is this as hard as DMC 3? I'll likely play on normal.

Also, about 11 hours long?

It's definitely a tough game. And 11 hours long...about right again if you play with one character. But with 5 characters and Bloody Palace...could last you a long time.

Is that for Steam? Or for PS4 too O;?

Bummer. Hate DMC2 all you want, but that Bloody Palace was perfect. Bosses intermingled with other bosses, as well as enemies and what not. It was fantastic. Fighting the Despair Embodied, and the big orangutan boss at the same time was a blast.(especially if you got to...I believe the 9th room, which is always a boss fight, and then using the 100 portal every time, it was just a progressively harder boss rush mode.)

It's definitely a tough game. And 11 hours long...about right again if you play with one character. But with 5 characters and Bloody Palace...could last you a long time.

You could even get the bosses to damage each other and weaker enemies too, I had a blast doing that.

Much easier than DMC3.

Good to know. Thanks.

I play too many games to play through this more than once, truth be told, and I'm not someone who usually beats a game with all characters or on all difficulties. Usually just normal or hard.

I got to near the end of DMC 3, but then I had to return it. That was over a decade ago.

You could even get the bosses to damage each other and weaker enemies too, I had a blast doing that.

God right that was an awesome 'feature' that game had. I remembering doing BP in DMC3/4, and whenever you fought a boss(For the DMC4, I didn't play much of DMC3's BP) it would just teleport you to their arena.

Dugna

It's a great game. You'll enjoy it.

I know how it mostly plays, (I played a friends copy) more just I never actually bothered to buy any DMC before it launches at any version, it always seemed like a side thing. But man did I enjoy bayonetta so I got my friend and I some PSN cards and got this game.

9 months ago I had Bayonetta 2 now I have a special edition of DMC4. Outstanding.

Imagine 9 months later you'll get NieR by Platinum =3

I know how it mostly plays, (I played a friends copy) more just I never actually bothered to buy any DMC before it launches at any version, it always seemed like a side thing. But man did I enjoy bayonetta so I got my friend and I some PSN cards and got this game.

There are a couple of combat intro videos on the official youtube channels to give you a rough idea how it plays for each characters.

few more minutes!

tumblr_nnbctkgqyg1utjyqgo1_r1_400.gif

lets rock baby!

Hypron

I disagree. Unless I'm forgetting something, DMC3 didn't have anything quite as awful as the Blitz.

Blitz are not really hard to deal with, you just need to jump all over the place while shooting them and you almost never get hit.

DMC3 normal enemies aren't that bad in general (the Fallen are fucking annoying though), but the bosses are harder than in DMC4, especially on higher difficulties (Geryon and Vergil 3 on DMD...).

Just sitting back looking at vergil on my theme background and seeing a clock slowly ticking down to midnight....not sure why I'm excited at all, I didn't even buy DMC4 when it came out. Maybe it's me getting into Bayonetta on Wii U that made me want DMC4...

First DMC?

Dugna

Starting with the standard Nero/Dante campaign, haven't played in years so yeah....in other news though game runs fine over remote play so far.

Xbox One said:
You're too early
We know you really want to get started, but you'll have to wait a bit longer.

:/

...oh, well. My download isn't 100% done, anyway. Hah. I probably should have decided on buying it earlier.

Unit24

Blitz are not really hard to deal with, you just need to jump all over the place while shooting them and you almost never get hit.

DMC3 normal enemies aren't that bad in general (the Fallen are fucking annoying though), but the bosses are harder than in DMC4, especially on higher difficulties (Geryon and Vergil 3 on DMD...).

That's easier said than done. They're really fast and having to keep up constant fire on them gets tiring if you're using Dante.

Also, I mostly agree about the bosses, but Dante in DMC4 is a massive pain in the ass, moreso than Vergil 3 IMO.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a heads up for people, it looks like saves are not compatible across regions. I can't load up my Asian version save in the NA version.

Anyone got suggestions for making an Asian PSN account to redeem my code?

What does automatic on/off mean? Also where is the option for Turbo Mode?

Automatic mode does combos and stuff for you. Don't use it.

Cleared first mission with Vergil. So far, his upper slash with the Yamato is the easiest move for me to get a perfectly timed Judgment Cut. I'm gonna love this little mechanic. Now if only I can keep myself from getting hit constantly and not lose my concentration.

I am gonna have SO MUCH FUN with this shit already, I can tell.

Top Bottom