• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry (late to the party)

Vieo

That is probably one of the most whacky games I've played yet. Giant swords going through people's chest without killing them, giant talking spiders, bridges collasping, guys popping out of mirrors, and more locked doors than Gauntlet.

Just one question. Don't bosses ever DIE in this game? I mean, I layed the smack down on that lava spider thing only to have him pop up in the next room. I totally destroyed that shadow lion, and he only pops up later on. I supposed that green knight that jumped out of the mirror isn't even dead.

Is Maximo harder than DMC?

evil ways

If you haven't finished DMC yet, then get used to the bosses, you basically face the same exact 4 bosses through the entire game, several times(except for the final boss).

It's a great game but that really bugged me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is Maximo harder than DMC?

Depends who you ask, but I think DMC was more difficult. I enjoyed both Maximo games more than DMC, though (especially the second one). They are pretty different, however, so I don't even think they should be compared.

DMC ONE is one of the best game this gen. It sets the standard for 3rd person action game. Many games in the same genre still doesn't come close to this game these days except NG. The game is okay hard but for some reason I've found the first encounter with the spider boss is extremely diffcult. The camera was very disorienting for me. I am not going to spoil you but I think the last 2 levels of DMC did not fit into the games overall gameplay style. It is like the team suddenly forgot what game they were working on near the end of the development.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Its not even "Hey, I got a ton of credit at this game store, lets spend $7 of credit on DMC2 just to mess with it" worth it. Just don't play the damn game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
evil ways said:
If you haven't finished DMC yet, then get used to the bosses, you basically face the same exact 4 bosses through the entire game, several times(except for the final boss).

It's a great game but that really bugged me.
Yeah, but that last boss was so amazingly cool.

Top Bottom