• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Would really love a transparent HUD. My poor OLED. Other then that, I really wished they de clumsied the game more. tp scroll's etc. are no fun.

Warablo

Well, I guess I shouldn't have left my game, now I can't create a new one because it thinks I am still in a game.

Athreous

Game should have a background framerate when you're alt tabbed. Even D3 had it at launch.

big boy alt tab temps

YxuG9a9.jpg

Most people freak over temps like that, just another day for me. Going strong since 2016 of May.
Mining? :D

Warablo

Where's that post about making some sorc item from gems? For a fire build early.
Tir + Ral Leaf runeword in a grey/white 2 socket staff (not blue). You can farm those runes from The Countess in Black Marsh tower. You can shop for a 2 socket grey name staff from Akara or Act II merchant. Usually you want extra +fireball.

Tal + Eth in grey name body armor for stealth runeword.

Some people also like just putting Tir runes in random armor pieces for mana recovery.

Last edited:

Doomtrain

I played the original game exactly once way back when it launched. I'm pretty unfamiliar with it at this point, though. Thinking of doing the sorceress blizzard/meteor build. Is that a good one to start with? Anyone know a good resource for what to do to achieve it?

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah I think so. I read it in here earlier today
Not sure about the post but you can shop for a 2 socket staff in Act 1 from Akara. Try to find one with +Firebolt or +Fireball on it for extra damage.

Farm the Countess for the Tir and Ral runes and socket them into the staff in that order.

killatopak

Gold Member
I played the original game exactly once way back when it launched. I'm pretty unfamiliar with it at this point, though. Thinking of doing the sorceress blizzard/meteor build. Is that a good one to start with? Anyone know a good resource for what to do to achieve it?
Mr.LlamaSC guides are pretty good on youtube.

Malakhov

Banned
I am following the meteorb guide from mrllamasc that says to use Nova as early build. I just got it and it's basically useless, I run out of mana after a few casts and it does barely any damage. Do I need to pump this more before it's effective?

How are you lot playing? I got in a game for 3 minutes but keep either getting disconnected or told my character is already in a game :p

Kacho

Gold Member
I am following the meteorb guide from mrllamasc that says to use Nova as early build. I just got it and it's basically useless, I run out of mana after a few casts and it does barely any damage. Do I need to pump this more before it's effective?
Cold sucks in the early game. Go Fireball or Static Nova until you hit level 24 and then respec. This guy touches on it in much greater detail.

Skip to 2:42

Warablo

Ya, that seems like a terrible idea, but make sure to have mana potions and a belt.

Meteorb I would have just focused on Firebolt>Fireball>Meteor and a point in Frost Nova/pre requisites until you can get Frozen Orb. Eventually mana becomes a non issue, especially now that we can craft a Insight in Non Ladder now.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Cold sucks in the early game. Go Fireball or Static Nova until you hit level 24 and then respec. This guy touches on it in much greater detail.

It's nova and charged bolt in lightning tree

Thanks I'll check that guide

Malakhov

Banned

Ya, that seems like a terrible idea, but make sure to have mana potions and a belt.

Meteorb I would have just focused on Firebolt>Fireball>Meteor until you can get Frozen Orb. Eventually mana becomes a non issue, especially now that we can craft a Insight in Non Ladder now.
This is what the build says

Meteorb Sorceress Early Leveling
5 points to Charged Bolt
1 point to Static Field at level 6
6 points to Charged Bolt at levels 6-11
All points to Nova from levels 12-16
1 point to Telekinesis at level 17
1 point to Teleport at level 18
All remaining points to Nova
Respec when ready

Last edited:

Warablo

5 points to Charged Bolt
Respec when ready
Ya, you should just be spamming charged bolt. Not Nova.

Warablo

Yeah I was doing great with bolt, nova I can't use after 2 points in it
I would just focus on Lightning/chain light/light mastery and Charged bolt if you want to start out as a light sorc. Charged Bolt is really deadly and great against packs or solo targets (if you stand close). Think its the fastest starting out for a Sorc.

Last edited:

5 points to Charged Bolt
Respec when ready
speedrunners use the lightning bolt/nova

it's the fastest but requires a ton of mana. nova eats your mana but you're supposed to slamming mana pots.

if you do and point some points in energy, it's incredibly effective. i just don't like that playstyle.

you can watch this video if you want an idea as to how it plays:

the nova/lightning build actually takes some basic understanding of the game as you're going to be right up against the mobs can can easily die

also you want to use the charged bolt like a shotgun against elites/bosses/etc. be up against them so all the bolts hit them.

once you start using nova you want to static until they're almost dead then nova

on console the game will automatically start to use mana pots in your inventory when there aren't any in your belt, not sure what you're playing on but that should help. plan on filling your inventory with mana pots.

edit: I go fire then respec into what I want because I don't like slamming pots, but lightning tree is very efficient if played right.

don't be afraid to dump some points in energy. you'll be respecing into meteorb anyways based on your post

Last edited:
Top Bottom