• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III Buy/Sell/Trade Thread of The AH Is Down Again?

LordAlu

diabloIII.png

Welcome to the GAF Diablo III Trading and Appraisals thread. This thread can be used to post your items for sale to your fellow GAFfers, and for questions regarding pricing if you are looking to sell stuff on the in-game Auction House.​

taking_screenshots.png

First off, you're gonna need to know how to make screenshots of your items. Make sure you have your item highlighted on screen in the game, like this:
then take a screenshot by pressing the Print Screen button (often abbrieviated to PrtScr). Then head to your Documents folder -> Diablo III -> Screenshots to find it. Open them up in your favorite editor (I use Paint.NET), and crop out the rest of the image around the item stats.
When you've done that, you should be left with an image like this:
Save it and then upload to your site of choice (such as Minus.com). Grab the link to your image and get ready to post!​

how_to_sell_your_item.png

So you want to sell some items to your fellow GAFfers? You're in luck - it's pretty easy! First off, each sale should match the following format. This will make it easier for everyone browsing the thread to see each item:

FOR SALE
Region: US/EU/ASIA

item.jpg

Price: XXX Gold (or nearest offer), items you'd trade for and so-on.

• Please put a price of some sort (or ballpark figure) for each item. Inviting people to bid is strongly discouraged.
  • Do this for each item you're selling at the time and put them in one post, in their own quotes.
  • If you want to sell more afterwards then make a separate post (unless you're already the last post, just edit your old one so there's no double-posting).
  • Finally, if you do sell an item, please go back to your post and edit out the item that you've sold. That way you won't get people asking you for items you sold a week ago!

asking_for_a_price_check.png

So you have an item and you want to sell it, but you're not sure what price to put it up at? Still take a screenshot but don't post it as an image. Instead do this:

• Post your item as a link!
  • Name the link based on the item name, it's slot (in brackets), rarity (in closed brackets) and all stats on the item, in that order.
  • As you can see in the example, the item is goes in the Head slot, is Rare (yellow) and has 62 Vitality, 27 Vitality, 45 Life Per Second, Melee Attackers take 93 damage per hit, and Critical Hit Chance is increased by 2.3%.
  • The reason not to post the image itself is to make it simpler to separate sales from appraisals. Please try to follow this rule, although I am open to suggestions in any changes.

wanting_to_buy_an_item.png

Need an item, but it hasn't dropped for you? Too expensive to craft? Auction House not working (still)? Then why not ask a GAFfer if they have one or can make one for you? The general posting rule for buying an item is the same as asking for a price check:

WANT TO BUY!

1H Dagger - Kill
Stats: >100 DEX, >10% ATT SPEED, >300 LPH

WILL OFFER: Write whatever gold or items you would be willing to trade here.

• Obviously you will not have a screenshot of the item you want to buy, so instead please use Blizzard's item guide, located here -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/.
  • Just find the item you want, click on the page, copy the link and post the link here within your request.
  • Please only offer in-game gold/items for the moment.

thread_rules.png

• If you want to buy an item from someone in the thread, you can either talk in the thread or use PM's. That's up to you.
  • I would probably not recommend giving out your BattleTag in the thread and would limit that to PM's just for security reasons (hey, you never know!).
  • Bidding is NOT encouraged - make your offer to the seller, and if he decides he doesn't want to sell for that much, so be it. DON'T get involved in bidding wars.
  • Likewise sellers should not be inviting other GAFfers to bid for their item. If you set a price and someone offers it, sell it to the person who offered, don't "hold out" for someone to out-offer.
  • FOR NOW, real money is a no-no. Please buy/sell your items only via the game and the in-game currency.
  • Please also don't advertise yourself for power-leveling. I'll probably change this but first I'd like the thread to get going with normal items!

error37.jpg

Mairu

I'll be posting here later since I generally do a rather poor job of pricing items on my own (or at least don't think anything is worth selling most of the time!)

Thanks for making the thread :D

LordAlu

Finally, it's there.
Nice job on the OP.

I'll be posting here later since I generally do a rather poor job of pricing items on my own (or at least don't think anything is worth selling most of the time!)

Thanks for making the thread :D

Thanks. I'll be updating and fixing things over time (those title images for a start!) and improving it as time goes on. Any suggestions just throw 'em out :)

Biff

5 posts in and 2 don't follow the rules :/

OP's system is good. Unfortunately I have no idea how it can be enforced without mod assistance.

LordAlu

5 posts in and 2 don't follow the rules :/

OP's system is good. Unfortunately I have no idea how it can be enforced without mod assistance.
I'm relying on the large majority of GAF being the intelligent souls they are. I'm still revising and looking at things, and the thread is in it's early stages so I'm hoping it'll settle into following the OP guide :)

aristotle

I was going to offer to buy some gold from any gaffer here (since I don't have the time to make it right now), but I see it's a no-no. :(

I guess I'll have to go to a shady site or something.

I really like the layout though and this thread is really needed. Hopefully it'll be utilized often!

LowParry

WANT TO BUY!

1H item 800+ DPS
20 - 24% attack speed
Life on Hit 200+
(Dex and Vit are a plus, not not necessary.)

I have lots of lvl 60 items to trade and a small gold amount for exchange. US Server only.

Mairu

price check

demonic star
royalty font

I always have a hard time figuring out prices for things that aren't obviously super good, so if anyone can tell me if these are even worth selling or if i should just salvage/vendor, I'd appreciate it.

Unicorn

Finally someone made it. I probably won't frequent here until I hit 60. Hopefully today that will happen. So close to 57 and not even halfway through Hell.

zoukka

Selling EU

ZbmMz.jpg

Let's start with 1 million. Also trading is possible for nice WD stuff, my character is so poorly equipped lol.

price check

demonic star
hypnosis rebel
royalty font

I always have a hard time figuring out prices for things that aren't obviously super good, so if anyone can tell me if these are even worth selling or if i should just salvage/vendor, I'd appreciate it.

You'd have to search the AH for a going rate, but as far as I've seen, anything like that secind ammy with GF or MF that high WILL sell if you price it right. Many people buy items like that for a second gear set to throw on for chests even. High INT makes it good enough for a wiz or WD to use when farming.

Mairu

You'd have to search the AH for a going rate, but as far as I've seen, anything like that secind ammy with GF or MF that high WILL sell if you price it right. Many people buy items like that for a second gear set to throw on for chests even. High INT makes it good enough for a wiz or WD to use when farming.

Thanks for the tip.

s7evn

Sell (US)

jaQgy.jpg

On the AH for 175k (50k start I believe). If that doesn't sell, I'll give it to whoever for the best deal.

zoukka

Fluffydelusions pls crop all the images in this thread to keep it clean :)

Selling EU

hwtmV.jpg

200k or trade for WD stuff. My prices are always up for discussion :)

Mitama

Sorry zoukka, that's hardly worth 500k. Might get 200k if you get lucky. Very low mf on an ammy and the strength and vitality are very low rolls too.

zoukka

Sorry zoukka, that's hardly worth 500k. Might get 200k if you get lucky. Very low mf on an ammy and the strength and vitality are very low rolls too.

Thanks man I had the filter on rares in AH and you are right damn those blues.

Can I have a prick check on this please? :)

Death Watch Mantle

All the stats are pretty useless or low in that combination. At 52 most people are gonna have a rare or even magic shoulder better than that.

If it was a rare I'd likely vendor it, but someone might buy it for the novelty of a legendary. Search for that specific piece in the AH [there's a search field you can type the name in FYI] and see what the cheapest price on it is and if they're selling. If it's low, might as well leave the auction slot open for something better in my opinion.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
PRICE CHECK

Soldier's bolt

The price range of onehanders with similar dps/int seems to be all over the place. Cheapest one I saw was up for 500k, and the next cheapest was up for over 700k. I'm not even sure it's worth 500k so I was gonna put it up for 399k, but I'm still having doubts.

Mairu

price check

bone scorn (witch doctor hat)

I tried searching by gold find/int/crit chance and the closest thing I found was some hat up for 3.3 million that didn't look like it was ever going to sell, then I tried searching for just int/crit chance and the price is much lower with a bigger range. Anyone have any idea how much this might sell for?

s7evn

Price check and sell. Found my 2nd Cindercoat.
262 armor
69 INT
29 Fire Res
4% Life
13% GF

I know, it's bad. I'm almost considering junking it :/

does anyone actually bother spending big money on follower items?
i just found this
bEZu9.jpg

They do actually, perhaps it's just luck on my part, but every single rare follower item I've put up has sold. I didn't even really price them to sell either. I was in the mid range of cost for comparable items.

That one has the right rolls, I'd give it a shot.

A couple cheap All Resistance items. If you're already baller status look elsewhere. Just seeing if there's any interest in this stuff so I can avoid AH fees. Prices are not firm (the AH prices fluctuate so often it's hard to be)

Edit:eek:ops. double post, though to be fair my previous was a price check post and this is a sell one.

This may sound stupid but i didnt see it in the OP - how do you actually give money to people and how do they give you the item?

How do you trade without someone ripping you off?

LordAlu

This may sound stupid but i didnt see it in the OP - how do you actually give money to people and how do they give you the item?

How do you trade without someone ripping you off?
Good point, I'll add those details to the OP today. Just follow ShadyLurker's instructions; when you trade items/gold you both have to accept the trade, so you put your item/gold on and wait for them to put their item/gold on, then you both click accept.

Top Bottom