• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

No. But I played SC2 and it was reasonably fine. Besides, I usually tether with my phones 3G until it get about halfway(About a weeks worth of internet) and then I slow down usage.

This sucks hardcore.
Ah, I may've overestimated how strenuous these games are to a connection then. Still, sucky.

BigAT

Does anyone else's audio get completely out of sync while watching the videos? It's off by like 3-4 whole seconds by the end of it.

red731

Beat Act 1, so so good.

Went with the Demon Hunter, not disappointed but I wish I had cooler looking equipment.

On normal you have like 30% of items off the full game.
From nightmare you are opening the 70% rest of items.

Play play play

edit: by the way this was said on blizzcon last year

Number45

That can't be right. If it was the average of the 2 then you would be better off just equipping the higher of the 2 weapons.
I'm sure I read that somewhere, I'm trying to find something useful on it now (I'm no expert). You would still get the extra stat benefits ahead of the DPS by equipping two weapons though.

looks like me and my friend are both lagged out in game right now. can't do anything...can't even leave the game. but we can still chat fine. Actually looks like he was able to leave the game, but I still see him standing here

I got in at around 4:30. Now I'm really tired and I think I'm going to go to bed.

I started a Monk guy. I named him Shoryuken. The only new thing I've seen that I didn't do in the beta was a cave with a bunch of bats. Deckard Cain's lore said it was the inside of a bat itself.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
FFFFFFFFFFFFF

photoon15-05-2012at11noxyj.jpg

Thoraxes

Thanks to everyone who's been adding me so far. Hopefully I can play with you all tomorrow when I get my actual copy of the game (CE)! The starter edition will work for now.

Game Downloaded and installed - Check
CE Arrived - Check
Key Activated - Check

Eight hours until I can get home and play............check :(

CE is great, equal quality to the WoW ones.

gimmmick

Anyone could tell me if it would run on a Macbook Unibody ? ( even at low settings )
4Gig RAM, 8400Mm, C2D 2,4 Ghz

I'm running d3 on high / medium settings and I'm on a 2010 spring macbook pro. (2.4 i5, 330m geforce). Not sure how that relates to your rig right there.

Number45

That can't be right. If it was the average of the 2 then you would be better off just equipping the higher of the 2 weapons.
Found this thread, just going through it now.

I've found this information so far, which might be useful:

Attack Speed

Attack Speed in diablo 3 is normally presented as "Attacks per second". The faster your weapon is the more attacks per second can be achieved. This does directly affect skills and spells.

Direct hit attacks like Bash have a shorter animation and can be used faster.

Damage over Time effects like Rend "tick" more often and produce more damage. The absolut time of the skill does not change.

Channeled skills like Whirlwind or Ray of Frost "tick" more often and produce more damage. This does also increase the amount of resources the spell needs as it becomes "faster".

If your character uses two one handed weapon he gets a unique attack speed bonus of 15%.

There are two main categories for attack speed. One is the modified weapon speed. The base weapon speed increased by all speed increasing affixes on the weapon. The second is the sum of all other attack speed increasing factors, even the dw bonus. Those two speed modifiers are multiplied for the overall speed.
So if you use Rend for example, a faster attack speed would be useful for the ticks. For single target I'm guessing the extra speed would be fully offset by by the magnitude of the hit from a two hander.

I haven't researched builds thoroughly, but I really hope (aside from block chances) that there are compelling reasons to use a shield later on. I love shields.

how do is reset my follower skills? i think i've made a huge mistake... ;)
Apparently you can right click the portrait. What have you done? I think I took the taunt + heal.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So why can people finish the game in 5 hours. It's almost like a Call of Duty game. How the fuck is that even possible? yes i know it's on normal and easy as shit but still 5 hours seems a bit short.

Number45

Finally checking out the stuff after the Skelly King...some pretty awesome stuff to get murdered by.
I nearly got taken out by the first mob I came to after that, and I really shouldn't have. Blatantly obvious what it was going to do!

So why can people finish the game in 5 hours. It's almost like a Call of Duty game. How the fuck is that even possible? yes i know it's on normal and easy as shit but still 5 hours seems a bit short.
Is this really happening? I explored and read everything last night, but it still took me more than three hours just to get to vanquish the Skeleton King.

zroid

Banned
weeelll I definitely didn't know you could equip two one-handed weapons at a time! the hell.

no wonder I kept getting those nag messages in-game. in the beta I thought it had to be either two-handed weapon or one-handed weapon + shield

a noob am I

JimmyBoy

Well. Off to work. Game works for me this morning at least I know that. Let us hope something breaks at work and makes the day go by faster. I need to click.

Raide

I nearly got taken out by the first mob I came to after that, and I really shouldn't have. Blatantly obvious what it was going to do!

Is this really happening? I explored and read everything last night, but it still took me more than three hours just to get to vanquish the Skeleton King.

Funny how the first packs in the area after the Skelly start to ramp up the difficulty slowly.

If you want to hear about my embarrassing death...click below. Minor monster spoilers.

Met the Old Tree Man and his minions. Utterly forgot about the pools of poison and when I killed him, I stood in it and died lol.

IceMarker

Replaying and leveling in beta Starter Edition until my CE arrives today. :D

IceMarker#1172 (North America)

Add me, although you can't play with me unless you're in my same situation. (Starter until physical game arrives.)

Number45

To each their own I guess, I want to absorb the game my first time through the same as I do with everything I play.

Funny how the first packs in the area after the Skelly start to ramp up the difficulty slowly.

If you want to hear about my embarrassing death...click below. Minor monster spoilers.

Met the Old Tree Man and his minions. Utterly forgot about the pools of poison and when I killed him, I stood in it and died lol.
Yeah, I soon realised I should keep my distance with those or pull them away. Might be worth using Ancient Spear with those actually, I really haven't bothered with that skill at all yet.

Yes, this link contains spoilers.
Figured it might, I resolved some time ago not to click any links in this thread.

raphier

Banned
Sounds like the game is really short. I keep hearing about level 38 characters on Nightmare already and it's not been a day out.

got a monk up to level 8 within about two hours

(granted i'm playing with a guest pass 'cause i'm waiting until this term's over until i actually buy any new games)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yes, this link contains spoilers.

Only if you're stupid enough to ignore the spoiler alert warning at the bottom of this link which includes a image of the end fight (i think?).

quote from the text.

And we have the first people we managed to complete the SP mode of Diablo III. As you may have guessed, these people come from Korea and they have managed to complete the game - in normal difficulty – in around 4-5 hours. Of course, these people are not ordinary people like most of us. Therefore, there is nothing to really worry about the game’s length. It’s a fact, though, that it will take you approximately a day or two to complete Diablo III in normal difficulty.
In case you’re wondering, there are already achievements for finishing each ACT in under an hour. So yeah, it’s ‘doable’.
Keep also in mind that the fun – in Diablo III – starts in the higher levels of difficulty and we can assume that those who have finished it have also rushed in and skipped much of the game’s content.

Spoiler alert. Here is a screengrab from the final battle. Make sure to skip it if you haven’t finished the game, although you won’t understand a lot if you take a simple glimpse at it. We’ve also included a video from Berlin’s midnight launch.

Just don't click the screengrab link and you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom