• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

This needs to be shopped like the game is lying on the right side of the baby (the baby is blizzard) and the lion is GAF or something like that.
As an impartial observer I am 100% certain you got the backwards :p
The Lion is about to consume that child.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Can I claim this avatar
d8iOd.png

LOL!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: well I'm gonna go ahead and eat something. I'm doing it because Hazaro thinks I'm gonna die if I don't do it. Like god damn... I'll be right back :_:
Can I claim this avatar
d8iOd.png
I'm laughing so much right now :lol Corran, you're a genius and you know that.
1K7LE.jpg

Mind if I take that one?
Go ahead, no one's taken it yet!

RkOwnage

edit: well I'm gonna go ahead and eat something. I'm doing it because Hazaro thinks I'm gonna die if I don't do it. Like god damn... I'll be right back :_:

I'm laughing so much right now :lol Corran, you're a genius and you know that.

Go ahead, no one's taken it yet!

Much appreciated.

RkOwnage

Anyone playing D2 because they're so excited about this? I have leveled a Bonemancer Necro and a Fire Sorc to 85 out of boredom, gonna continue playing because I don't want to get too wrapped up in another game.

I have my CE preordered even though i have the annual WoW pass (Waste of money, I quit WoW months ago)

And who do I need to talk to to add my name to the neogaf battletag list?
It's Rkownage#1684

HenryHSH

Anyone playing D2 because they're so excited about this? I have leveled a Bonemancer Necro and a Fire Sorc to 85 out of boredom, gonna continue playing because I don't want to get too wrapped up in another game.

I have my CE preordered even though i have the annual WoW pass (Waste of money, I quit WoW months ago)

And who do I need to talk to to add my name to the neogaf battletag list?
It's Rkownage#1684

Just post the info here.

Username
Battletag
Region
Class

edit: added.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Feature

Banned
Sorry for my lazyness, but can someone tell me what the point of this game is? I know you can coop and just run around beating up monsters and looting them to get xp and leveling up. But here are my main questions:

- Is there an actual story?
- Can you finish the game?
- How many DLC has already been annouced (shrugs)
- How will the match making etc work? Because what if my friend is level 50 and I'm just level 1?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am anticipating Diablo III more than any other game in a long time, and I had access to the beta, but I only played shortly with a Monk, and I have no idea what is up with the other classes (besides Barb obviously) or which class I will make first. Kind of weird.

TUSR

Banned
Sorry for my lazyness, but can someone tell me what the point of this game is? I know you can coop and just run around beating up monsters and looting them to get xp and leveling up. But here are my main questions:

- How will the match making etc work? Because what if my friend is level 50 and I'm just level 1?

Did you read the OP?

start there.

profit

Yoshi, dont you ever have school or work or anything like that? Unless you get payed to post on GAF, go ahead sir and godspeed.

RkOwnage

Check Page 1, fella.

Negator

Yes
Yes
None
Better off making another level 1. I'm not sure how high level characters interact with low level ones.

Morokh

I really can't get hyped for this game no matter what (or at least not as hyped as I feel I should be )

I played the beta, maxed it with all achievements and loved every minute of it (well maybe not so much when playing Demon Hunter) but there is also so much things about this game that just simply get on my nerves.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Who else took days off of work to play Diablo 3?

I took an entire week off.

Its local holiday at my city. I was 1 month in Japan last month, so i have no more days off this year. :D

Yoshichan

Yes. The lore in this game is dark, interesting and cool as hell.
Yes. You can finish the game as many times as you want to. The game has four difficulty levels.
0. Expansion-packs and free patches will get released someday though.
[/QUOTE]
Even if your friend is level 50, he can invite you to his game and you two will be able to play with each other. There are basically no restrictions, as long as he's creating a game with the same difficulty as you (let's say you've only beaten normal and you're nightmare, then your friend can play with you on both normal and nightmare difficulty).

Go to page 1 of this thread and......FUCKING READ SOME OF THE DETAILS!!! Jesus fucking Christ are you kidding with this shit? You better be kidding.

RkOwnage

Who else took days off of work to play Diablo 3?

I took an entire week off.

I unfortunately (It's fortunate in the sense that I get to play Diablo 3 for a good bit, while looking for work) am unemployed, got laid off a while ago and have been applying.

I just graduated with a degree in Game Design, and I'm focused on finding an internship for right now, but in the meantime, Diablo 3 gives me an opportunity for a mini vacation from working on my portfolio...

Nicko

Ready to get my dopamine drip on!! It's been 10 years since I was crazy about DII, but I still remember the excitement like it was yesterday.

I listened to the DII OST while at work today, and the fantastic memories came rushing back to me. Gosh, I hope they are recapture that magic (missed out on the beta).

Brand new virgin computer rig ready to rock Sanctuary. Have not been a PC gamer for 5 years, but excited to get back into it.

Could I please have an add to the battletag list?

Nicko
Nicko#1750
North America
Monk

RkOwnage

I can't take a week off since I already used my vacation days..

FUCK!

I know that feeling, well sort of. I have a couple of friends who are almost as hyped as I am, but have to work. We plan on having a PC gaming weekend that weekend though, throw in a cook out and it should be a good time.

edit: My spelling sucks.

So I ran the installer for the preload, the download appears to be complete, but it isn't closing or providing any options aside from cancel. Any advice?

Yoshichan

God, I can't wait to use Vanishing Dye on my female wizard :3 Pimpin' out in dem inferno gear while looking all naked and squishy? Hell yeaaaaah!

RkOwnage

Ready to get my dopamine drip on!! It's been 10 years since I was crazy about DII, but I still remember the excitement like it was yesterday.

I listened to the DII OST while at work today, and the fantastic memories came rushing back to me. Gosh, I hope they are recapture that magic (missed out on the beta).

Brand new virgin computer rig ready to rock Sanctuary. Have not been a PC gamer for 5 years, but excited to get back into it.

Could I please have an add to the battletag list?

Nicko
Nicko#1750
North America
Monk

What's the specs on your PC? I built one on a small budget with Diablo 3 in mind, had no issues running the Beta @ Max settings so I was satisfied to know I built something with $550 that runs it flawlessly.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
God, I can't wait to use Vanishing Dye on my female wizard :3 Pimpin' out in dem inferno gear while looking all naked and squishy? Hell yeaaaaah!

I've kept out of the diablo 3 news as much as i can.. i didnt want the excitement to kill me.

but now its building.

and Yoshi, I ask of you, I see the PvP section in the OP is empty, is there any word on this? will the facilities be in place for the next foxer to play diablo 3? will there be enough there for a pro scene?

Fou-Lu

I'm done with the semester, but going back for summer classes in a month, so I figured I'd just not work for May and play some D3 while I can.

RkOwnage

I've kept out of the diablo 3 news as much as i can.. i didnt want the excitement to kill me.

but now its building.

and Yoshi, I ask of you, I see the PvP section in the OP is empty, is there any word on this? will the facilities be in place for the next foxer to play diablo 3? will there be enough there for a pro scene?

Sorry to butt in (I am not Yoshi) but I have read (and bitched) enough about PVP. It won't be available at launch, they are focusing on team based arena PVP and they don't plan on it being a competitive thing, so no e-sport, and that is directly from Jay Wilson's mouth. It's a PvE game with little PVP things thrown in for fun.

Yoshichan

<3 the new avatar. Very nice!
All credit goes to my man Corran, I wouldn't be the dinosaur I am today without him!

Yesterday, I listened to the song that plays when you're in Harrogath (Fortress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEL3Z049cY). I played it on my phone as I was waited for the buss in the cold. I don't think I've ever had so much goosebumps waiting on the buss.

Feature

Banned
Go to page 1 of this thread and......FUCKING READ SOME OF THE DETAILS!!! Jesus fucking Christ are you kidding with this shit? You better be kidding.

I wasn't kidding.

What happens if someone who's at the last chapter invites you to his game while you're just at the first? Will that work or will you have to create a whole new game if you want to play with someone else?

gimmmick

The social life killer is going to finally be released. I'll be lined up at my local gamestop at midnight for the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom