• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

I've got my annual WoW pass and the main Diablo files downloaded a long time ago. Plus I have a pre-order for the CE from Amazon and that should arrive here pretty quickly.

The sad news? I have too much shit to do and I probably will not be able to start playing for real before May 20th or something.

Difficult to get hyped too when I have so much stuff scheduled, work-wise.

Xanathus

The problem with a melee sorc would be that unlike the two other close-combat classes - she has next to zero survivability. Once diamond skin (or whatever you decide to have as a defensive spell) runs out, you'll be vulnerable to anything. And it's not like you can compensate with health-stealing gear because the sorc hits so slowly anyway :/

Fuck, I really want to try it. But God bless how it's gonna turn out.
My only concern with the wizard is that he only has two single-target skills, Magic Missile and Ray of Frost. Assuming that the DPS/resource usage ratio is balanced between single-target and AOE skills, it indicates that Wizards *need* to have either one of these skills in any of their Inferno difficulty builds in order to cope with bosses and uniques/elite groups especially since they have enrage timers so you need to kill them quickly.

RkOwnage

Heavens bless 1.10, that version was the true definition of Diablo 2.

Just the thought of 1.13 infuriates me. I stopped playing as soon as I realized how 1.13 pretty much ruined the game for me.

Yes, 1.10 was my favorite patch of Diablo 2 as well. I hate to say this because I will be called a cheater, but 1.13 is lame because I can't find a working Maphack, lul. Sure does make MFing easier (which is all I used it for)

99%

I decided to keep my CE and get the game on the 15th instead, I guess the midnight launch would only ruin the day off from work I have as I'd play all night and sleep all day.

:( thats so bad...

So lucky of me i have my physical CE, my GF digital CE.

And desesperated for a CE to a friend.

That's just showing off :)

Peachpies

the wait is sooo worth it for this game

Irien
Peachpies#1915
north america
wizard

oKrSa.jpg

this one isnt taken yet?

profit

I gave up spending a month at my hot friend's apartment playing D3 to visit my parents because they begged me.

Yeah.... I'm a fucking idiot.

Man, just go a few days and say that you have other plans. Your parents will be happy you have visited them, and you can still stay at your friends. Think about yourself once in a while :).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My only concern with the wizard is that he only has two single-target skills, Magic Missile and Ray of Frost. Assuming that the DPS/resource usage ratio is balanced between single-target and AOE skills, it indicates that Wizards *need* to have either one of these skills in any of their Inferno difficulty builds in order to cope with bosses and uniques/elite groups especially since they have enrage timers so you need to kill them quickly.
Yeah... about that, I find it pretty weird that Jay mentioned how single-target damage is "the way to go" on inferno - yet they pretty much restrict the wizard with the few single-target spells they have...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, 1.10 was my favorite patch of Diablo 2 as well. I hate to say this because I will be called a cheater, but 1.13 is lame because I can't find a working Maphack, lul. Sure does make MFing easier (which is all I used it for)
Yeah, that and... *sigh* and my hammer... my fucking hammers :_:

qpUnt.png

oKrSa.jpg

this one isnt taken yet?
It's not taken, enjoy!

99%

Yeah... about that, I find it pretty weird that Jay mentioned how single-target damage is "the way to go" on inferno - yet they pretty much restrict the wizard with the few single-target spells they have...

I guess that's why you have signature spells, so you'll be able to spam them on one enemy while you aoe the rest.

Thats how I already play with my WD.

Nyx

Wow this is released on the 15th already ?
Damn. :D

Luckily I already took the whole week off as a mini-vacation, the fact that D3 is released in the same week is making me very happy.

Yoshichan

I guess that's why you have signature spells, so you'll be able to spam them on the enemy while you aoe the rest.
Yeah but damn, are the signature spells really gonna have that "ompf" focus fire that's necessary to kill shit on inferno? I guess it's all about teaming up with a good synergized group!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Are there any plans for a release in Japan? My friend wants to get it but he can't find much info on it :(

profit

Well I think he specified single damage because the bosses/rares will be really hard, and I assume they will have lots of minions with them aswell. So I guess the wizard will be more aoe support for the group while the rest of the group zergs the boss/rare.
Could be completely wrong though, not so knowledgeable about the diablo series.

99%

Yeah but damn, are the signature spells really gonna have that "ompf" focus fire that's necessary to kill shit on inferno? I guess it's all about teaming up with a good synergized group!

I think only combined with other spells, I mean they aren't the highest DPS.

So first you might spam some aoe with damage/slowing and then your highest dps spells, then finish mobs off with signature spells while mana recharges.

Also keeping some mana save to get out of trouble.

My guess anyways :p

Yoshichan

Well I think he specified single damage because the bosses/rares will be really hard, and I assume they will have lots of minions with them aswell. So I guess the wizard will be more aoe support for the group while the rest of the group zergs the boss/rare.
Could be completely wrong though, not so knowledgeable about the diablo series.
This does sound perfectly reasonable, I think you're on to something here.

I hadn't looked at or felt the desire to play Diablo 3. I played D2 waaaaay long ago and just didn't get into it. Thanks to the OP's, uh, OP I think I'll give it a shot.

Fjordson

Beautiful OP.

Will have my collector's edition at midnight on release day. Even though I'll be playing at a friend's house since I won't yet have a good enough PC to play it on.

Oh, the things I do for Blizzard games *sigh*

panty

A big store here in Finland has already started posting D3 to customers. They will get it by friday at least.

Not fair : (

E: Yeah I know, they won't be able to play until 15.5.

Ferrio

Banned
Looking at the skill calculator... I'm really really sad that skills are locked behind level requirements. Which means I can't build the character how I want till the very end. GW2 has spoiled me.

V_Arnold

Amazing OT. My body has never been more ready.

The only thing not ready is my mind to decide which class to go with. Whatever.

Looking at the skill calculator... I'm really really sad that skills are locked behind level requirements. Which means I can't build the character how I want till the very end. GW2 has spoiled me.

You mean till the very beginning of endgame? :p

Yoshichan

About time you showed up V!

Are there any plans for a release in Japan? My friend wants to get it but he can't find much info on it :(

Info is scant, for some reason. It doesn't appear as though Japanese is an officially supported language by Blizzard, and thus the game isn't coming out there, at least initially. I'll update you if I find anything. At the least, your friend could buy a copy, possibly digitally, and then select which region's servers he wants to play on - either Asia or the Americas would be the best bet for latency. As long as he can read English (or one of the other supported languages!)

I hadn't looked at or felt the desire to play Diablo 3. I played D2 waaaaay long ago and just didn't get into it. Thanks to the OP's, uh, OP I think I'll give it a shot.

Glad to hear it!

Rootbeer

Banned
Had my D3 CE ordered on amazon since Oct 21 2011 :D Can never go wrong with a blizzard CE. They know how to stuff a box.

Very hyped. Having trouble downloading the Mac en-us client though... stuck at 99%

Yoshichan

I made a call and I think I'm gonna be able to pick up two CE's of this beauty on midnight launch. If you live in Sweden and missed out on the CE, quote or PM me - I'll gladly send the extra copy to you!

I made a call and I think I'm gonna be able to pick up two CE's of this beauty on midnight launch. If you live in Sweden and missed out on the CE, quote or PM me - I'll gladly send the extra copy to you!

Unrelated, but Yoshi (and other Europe folk), I'll definitely have to make some characters on the EU servers to play with you! Or vice-versa. You do get completely fresh character slots for each region.

zoukka

If I can't find it in stores, I'll gladly pay the postages to Finland lol.

Teknoman

This is unreal. I remember back when I stayed up on GAF to watch that Bnet conference, and then all of a sudden OMFG Diablo 3 footage. Hopefully that Siegebeast fight will be a good one.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
My gf is ready. :p

Was anyone in the internal test team able to beat the fourth difficulty of the game ?
If not what is the reason for that ?
KevinMartens: No one has beaten Inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom