• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So online profiles are nice, but it feels a bit underwhelming coming at this stage. Really should have been there at launch, especially after being so used to the WoWArmory and the like.

larvi

I like the profiles but what I'd rather have is some sort of inventory management system that lets you arrange your items between your stash and multiple characters at the same time. They just need to modify the auction house interface to allow for movement of items. It would also be nice if you could sort items by type, lvl, etc as well.

yw, glad it helped. Let me know if you figure out a way past Rakanoth, that's where I'm stuck. I just can't dodge fast enough to avoid his attacks.

It's funny how the different classes run into different challenges. Rakanoth was stupid easty for a Monk.

Zertez

That axe is perfect for WD Bears build.

There is no mana regen on it, so it isnt good for most WD especially not bears build. WD mana is the biggest issue with the class and mana regen is a must for almost every inferno build Ive seen. There is very few slots, 3 iirc head, weapon and offhand, that have mana regen on them. Giving up 2 of the slots for the axe is going to cripple most WD builds, so I dont think you can get much from the WD crowd. I havent played much the past week, and maybe things have changed some with WD tank build, but the lack of LoH would hurt that build as well.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Having played a crit mass Wizard for so long, it's refreshing playing a DH now. You get to actually see what the bosses have for abilities.. :p

I just logged in out of curiosity (had some trouble with the Authenticator, since I deleted it from my phone), after months of not playing

ogoJU.png

:/

RPGCrazied

What is the key to selling on the AH? I've only made $4. Not like I can use it anyway, since my only way is the battle.net balance.

larvi

Considering I had to melee Ghom with my DH to beat him anyway I would think a monk should have no problem using the same tactic or does a DH get a lot more LoH procs than a monk would?

mlaz14

Can anyone offer some advice, I am stuck in Act 2 and just cannot progress.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SourSamo-1860/hero/150693

Act1 is a cake walk but anything past that and I am just destroyed.

More crit chance and crit damage will help a lot as 64k dps with SS is really low. Movement speed on the boots will help and max discipline on a quiver and cloak will let you use smokescreen to get away more if you get overwhelmed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTFFTB-1633/hero/13902955

This is mine currently and I full clear act 2 during farming with 0 deaths just about every time and act 3 is pretty easy. When I beat act 2 I had 52k dps no SS and less resists/hp and it was pretty easy.

Mayyhem

Can anybody here do me a big favor and invite me to a game on the Prime Evil quest in Act IV Inferno so I can upgrade my staff of herding ? It would be MUCH appreciated

BTag: Mayyhem#1529

Can anybody here do me a big favor and invite me to a game on the Prime Evil quest in Act IV Inferno so I can upgrade my staff of herding ? It would be MUCH appreciated

BTag: Mayyhem#1529

I can later if you want. It's probably a waste of money though. MOney would be better spent on building your character.

They nerfed the clouds so the only reason to go there is to farm elites. If you can farm elites in Whimseshire, you're farming act III and not doing act I runs.

I have the staff and almost never use it. Kind of a novelty at this point in time.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It OK ... melee class has Ghom to bitch about. It all evens out.

Depends which melee class. Twister melee wizards with good enough reflexes can beat Ghom. I know I did even though I can't do crap else in act 3 (seriously, I can barely stay alive past the signal fires quest, and then just plain die instantly after Ghom).

More crit chance and crit damage will help a lot as 64k dps with SS is really low. Movement speed on the boots will help and max discipline on a quiver and cloak will let you use smokescreen to get away more if you get overwhelmed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTFFTB-1633/hero/13902955

This is mine currently and I full clear act 2 during farming with 0 deaths just about every time and act 3 is pretty easy. When I beat act 2 I had 52k dps no SS and less resists/hp and it was pretty easy.

im doing 40k with SS

what am i doing wrong lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/diztrukted-1842/

Dahbomb

im doing 40k with SS

what am i doing wrong lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/diztrukted-1842/
Your weapon is really bad, invest in a 1200+ 2 hander Xbow/Bow for an immediate and drastic increase in your DPS. You can still use a quiver with a 2 hander. Honestly speaking your Scoundrel has a better weapon than you.

Crit damage should be 200%+, crit chance needs to be above 20%. You also need way more attack speed all around. Amulet is a blue... correct that immediately.

Your weapon is really bad, invest in a 1200+ 2 hander Xbow/Bow for an immediate and drastic increase in your DPS. You can still use a quiver with a 2 hander. Honestly speaking your Scoundrel has a better weapon than you.

Crit damage should be 200%+, crit chance needs to be above 20%. You also need way more attack speed all around. Amulet is a blue... correct that immediately.

wow how did i miss that :(

for some reason i thought i had a better weapon than what i gave him but i guess i don't

edit: ok something really strange is going on screenshots in a few min

screenshot 1

-1307.6 with overwhelming ballista equipped

DFLhDl.jpg

screenshot 2

-8846.2 with righteous spray
mAyxpl.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
No idea why the preview data is saying that... But the "Damage" speaks clearly when you've got the higher DPS attached.

You should choose something other than sharpshooter as a passive when you are comparing as that can throw off the numbers.

Edit:Oh and here's my DH. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to have a balance of MF/DPS/Resists

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cerebus-1696/hero/16373259

Yeah take off SS when comparing weapons like that. It really skews your stats.

thanks, i didn't know SS really messes with the numbers like that.

How many items have a thrown away or sold because SS threw me off :-/

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Holy shit this is awesome:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/xuo06/automatic_character_import_from_d3_armory_into/

http://d3up.com/updates

This is what makes me wonder what the hell takes so long at Blizzard if this guy can develop a web app that is so useful and so functional by himself, and in so little time.

The biggest complaint I've gotten about D3Up is that it's to tedious/boring to manually enter your character into the build calculator. Well, with the release of Character Profiles on the D3 Armory, it just got a whole lot easier! Scanning your armory profile can now automatically fill out your character's items. I've also rebuilt the "Item Builder" and changed how choosing skills on your builds works, all of which you will find below!
Character Imports from Battle.net

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I've created a script that scans your character on the armory, converts it into my data format, and automatically generates all of your gear for you.

How do you use it? Simple.

A) New Builds - Create a new Build, and enter the URL of your Character Profile in the "Profile URL" field. After you hit save, you'll notice a button in the upper right of the build page that says "Copy from Battle.net". Click it!
B) Existing Builds - Login and head on over to your build page, then click "Edit" in the upper right of your build. Enter the URL of your Character Profile in the "Profile URL" field and save. Head on back to your build and next to the edit button you'll now see a "Copy from Battle.net" button. Click it!

Tom Penny

Holy shit this is awesome:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/xuo06/automatic_character_import_from_d3_armory_into/

http://d3up.com/updates

This is what makes me wonder what the hell takes so long at Blizzard if this guy can develop a web app that is so useful and so functional by himself, and in so little time.

That is awesome. No more fucking up purchases. I tried a few weapons. Punched in the data then equipped the weapon and it was totally correct :) Now I can actually figure out if I should buy stuff with dex or crit hit chance etc for DPS. Really cool.

eek5

j8T1P.png
knMqb.png

DPS/EHP tabs are really useful for quickly finding your weakest items that will (probably) be the cheapest to upgrade as well. The skill-based DPS info is a nice touch too!

koji

That is awesome indeed, thanks a lot!

Also, you know shit ain't right when the ME3 MP thread pops up more in my subscriptions like this one...

Urgh, I'm in an annoying position right now, gear-wise, I need to upgrade my gear to be able to start a3 but everything is just so expensive :-(, got 5mil atm but that won't even buy me a single piece to upgrade a slot. My stuff aint selling on the AH either and everything even mediocre is listed for 9mil on the AH... Economy seems to be really suffering due to the decline of active players, you'd think stuff would become cheaper though but not for the gear I need...

yw, glad it helped. Let me know if you figure out a way past Rakanoth, that's where I'm stuck. I just can't dodge fast enough to avoid his attacks.

I'm not there yet. I just killed the first one (Iskatu?) who spawns little shadows.

But i must say it's kinda funny - the only difficult part of act 3 was Ghom- after than i returned to my Entangling arrow+Frost Arrow universal setup and finished rest of A3 with 5 stacks of NV.

And got glorious lvl 57 legendary crossbow which sold for 5k gold :D

I can't even sell this ammy for 300K. It's not great but I thought a barb on here might want it. Decent Crit % and a ton of life with a touch of STR too.

azmfu.jpg

Let me know and I'll jump on after I get home from work.

Xanathus

I can't even sell this ammy for 300K. It's not great but I thought a barb on here might want it. Decent Crit % and a ton of life with a touch of STR too.

Let me know and I'll jump on after I get home from work.

Probably because it's level 59, a lot of people filter items for 60.

damn, that D3up stuff is fucking golden. I might get back in... probably not. Its really nice info though. Wtf is with fist of thunder salvo, its damage is messed up.

Definity

I kinda been just playing the AH game the past few times I've logged in. Found this in my stash that I forgot about.

It should be of some value to a Barb, right?

izH5A8ZUspiwF.png

Probably because it's level 59, a lot of people filter items for 60.

I was thinking the same thing. Still ... it's not a bad amulet at all. It's more valuable than 300k.

Anyway ... if anyone wants it PM me.

I got another set piece this morning before work. At least it was salvagable. iLVL 61 pair of gloves for a barb. I've said it before, but I don't even get pumped for legendaries anymore. Set pieces I do though because they're stupid rare. I've probably got 20+ legendaries and only 5 of them have been set pieces. They're the ultimate troll though because even set pieces are generally crap.

1.0.4 NEEDS to come fast. This shit is getting old.

What, do these profiles update like once a week or something? It's now Wednesday morning, and my last update was Monday night. I've had major gear changes in the meantime.

Get your shit together, Blizzard.

eek5

What, do these profiles update like once a week or something? It's now Wednesday morning, and my last update was Monday night. I've had major gear changes in the meantime.

Get your shit together, Blizzard.

During this initial release of D3 Game Site Profiles we are heavily caching all profile information to ensure site stability. Once we feel comfortable, we'll enable profile updates on logon and logoff. Until then, a given profile shouldn't update more than once every 24 hours.

During this initial release of D3 Game Site Profiles we are heavily caching all profile information to ensure site stability. Once we feel comfortable, we'll enable profile updates on logon and logoff. Until then, a given profile shouldn't update more than once every 24 hours.

Can't tell if:

a) you work for Blizzard
b) you are quoting a blue post just w/o quotations
c) you are mockingly writing what you think a blue would say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom