• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some decent luck this weekend farming act III. Got a ring that sold for 12 million.

I'm enjoying MP too. PLayed with Cebo and Vossler again. Played with Linsivvi this weekend for a second too. Playing with two monks and having two Manra's rocks.

add me if you're on the East Coast (US)

diztrukted#1842

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
7 packs with a Frost Nova/critical mass build Wizard...

Wizard is the best class in the game.

I could have done it myself too, but it's just easier with a wiz around. It's easier for me because of the CC, and it's easier for the wiz because I'm an extra distraction, and can scout for elites faster.

Yeah ... I built my MF set so I didn't have to swap as well. Especially with any nerf coming. I would like to have my MF on gear act III capable, but it's just not there.

So I either smoke through act II with MF or a stroll along Act III with no MF. I switch acts because I don't want to get bored doing Vault of the Assasin run over and over and over again.

The ring I had found was on Act III. The xbow I sold for 20 million I found on Act II. Both acts have been profitable to me.

You're health is lowish, but I did all of act II and III including Ghom with the same.

What are you skills?

For reference I farm Act II with 650 resists, 25K life and like 4500 armor and shred through things.

EDIT: link your profile so we can see your character.

My profile shows only one level 1 character ?

Edit : nevermind it's up. Here's my monk. people have been saying it's life is lowish. But how am I supposed to do to search for (and then afford) items with dex, vit, res phy, res all, sockets, crit chance, crit dmg, magic find ?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sven-2689/hero/1415810

Since we're sharing battletags, add me (spindoctor#6282). I'm up for Act 1 and 2 farming (although Act 2 could be touch and go) and I'm progressing in Act 3 if someone wants to join for that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357

this would have save us a lot of time from taking pictures...

guys any advice to make my monk better.

You need more dex and more all resists for sure. I would also try and move LpSS onto one of the weapons and maybe a helm. I'm running 50 LpSS on a weapon and it works for emergencies. Doing this will allow you to move trancendence to resolve. This helps reduce the amount of damage your character takes. Since you run sweeping wind, all enemies around you are affected by this. I use the firestorm rune with Sweeping wind to extend it's field of reach.

You also have three main attacks. You need to at least get rid of one of them. You don't have serenity. Which seems insane to me. The 4 seconds of invulnerability is so valuable. I like Crippling Wave. I would get rid of Way of Hundred fists and use Crippling Wave full time and Keen Eye as your secondary.

Unless you're farming lower level acts, I wouldn't run backlash for the rune on MoE either. I would use the armor buff rune.

My profile shows only one level 1 character ?

Edit : nevermind it's up. Here's my monk. people have been saying it's life is lowish. But how am I supposed to do to search for (and then afford) items with dex, vit, res phy, res all, sockets, crit chance, crit dmg, magic find ?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sven-2689/hero/1415810

Get rid of the two handed weapon for starters. YOu need more dex too. Also stop using MoH and use MoE. The life regen is next to useless in inferno and the LOH is almost nil. MoE will make sure you're hit less and if you use the armor buff, the hits won't do as much damage.

You need LOH badly too. Like ... real bad. As I said above too, I don't like using trancendence as a passive if I can avoid it. Gearing for LpSS lets you stack either more dodge with Guardians Path or, more damage reduction with resolve.

Dual wielding is the cheaper of the options. I have one weapon with LOH and CRIT dmg. My other weapon has DEX, CRIT and LpSS. Geting all on one weapon for sword and board is SUPER SUPER SUPER expensive. You can move some of your LOH to your amulet as well. I have 300 LOH on my ammy and 700 LOH on my weapon. If you can, try and get DEX on both weapons as it will help you get your dex up.

Your sholders have high STR and should be DEX. 3 YOur belt and pants need more dex too.

Searching for monk gear BLOWS FYI. Because you have to double stack resists it becomes increasingly difficult to find what you need. I usually search for ALL RES / My Stacked Res / Main Stat and then search through the pages until I see other stuff I need with those three thing.

Get rid of the two handed weapon for starters. YOu need more dex too. Also stop using MoH and use MoE. The life regen is next to useless in inferno and the LOH is almost nil. MoE will make sure you're hit less and if you use the armor buff, the hits won't do as much damage.

You need LOH badly too. Like ... real bad. As I said above too, I don't like using trancendence as a passive if I can avoid it. Gearing for LpSS lets you stack either more dodge with Guardians Path or, more damage reduction with resolve.

Dual wielding is the cheaper of the options. I have one weapon with LOH and CRIT dmg. My other weapon has DEX, CRIT and LpSS. Geting all on one weapon for sword and board is SUPER SUPER SUPER expensive. You can move some of your LOH to your amulet as well. I have 300 LOH on my ammy and 700 LOH on my weapon. If you can, try and get DEX on both weapons as it will help you get your dex up.

Your sholders have high STR and should be DEX. 3 YOur belt and pants need more dex too.

Searching for monk gear BLOWS FYI. Because you have to double stack resists it becomes increasingly difficult to find what you need. I usually search for ALL RES / My Stacked Res / Main Stat and then search through the pages until I see other stuff I need with those three thing.

Noted. But my 2h staff is awesome and didn't cost anything. 2h market is like buying plastic sword when 1H are like buying guns from the future price wise.

I'll take consideration of everything and try to invest a bit in new gears

Noted. But my 2h staff is awesome and didn't cost anything. 2h market is like buying plastic sword when 1H are like buying guns from the future price wise.

I'll take consideration of everything and try to invest a bit in new gears

500 LOH with 600 ish dps is cheap now.

You really need a way to move from mantra of healing to mantra of evasion and LOH on your weapon is your path.

FYI ... I used to run a very similar build to yours. I moved to the dodge build and stopped getting worked. I took it all the way through act four

500 LOH with 600 ish dps is cheap now.

You really need a way to move from mantra of healing to mantra of evasion and LOH on your weapon is your path.

FYI ... I used to run a very similar build to yours. I moved to the dodge build and stopped getting worked. I took it all the way through act four

I've been on the AH, and switching from my 1100 dps 2h to, two 700 dps one hand (even swords with fast attacks per second) I'm loosing A LOT of dps.

Is it really worth it ? Am I not already very low dps wise ?

Dahbomb

I've been on the AH, and switching from my 1100 dps 2h to, two 700 dps one hand (even swords with fast attacks per second) I'm loosing A LOT of dps.

15K-20K is fine for a Monk.

You want to change your aura though, either Evasion of Conviction.

Get your LOH to 900-1000 cumulative (can be done by getting like 400/400 on your 2 weapons and the rest from your amulet). You can also try to get both of them socketed and fit them with LOH gem.

Like mentioned before try to get one of your weapon with 50+ LPSS so you don't have to use that passive. You can opt for Resolve instead.

You need to switch out your boosts with one that have higher Dex, some Vitality and Physical instead of Arcane resistance since you are clearly stacking Physical resistance on gear.

You rings can use more Attack speed and Dex if you can manage to get them. IAS is good for lower level Monks.

Amulet needs a lot more Dex on it and at least one other good stat (IAS, LOH, All Res etc, Crit Damage/Hit).

Glove needs a lot more Dex and at least one more good stat. Ditto for the Bracers.

Belt needs Dex obviously.

DPS will rise once you have some IAS and Dex. Conviction Aura, Sweeping Wind (Bladestorm) and Breath of Heaven can provide some source of DPS as well.

I haven't played in a while, but i got up to act 3 with no LoH on my Monk.

Edit: act 3 with Shield that is...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Redhot-1111/hero/7418120
I am guessing you use Transcendance passive with the Shield version because I have a hard time seeing how you will survive Act 3 without any source of healing.

Dilemma of the century. Do I use this item (don't fully need it but it would make me better), do I sell it for 10 million more gold than I purchased it, which is doable since I sniped it. Or do I sell it for real money.

nrUmA.png

Current game plan is to sell for a high amount of real money, if it doesn't sell then just go for the gold.

It should drop. U need to get Ur dex up. You 2h was making up for lackluster stats. Looks for IAS as well.

Your goal should be to get MoE up and running.

Edit: Ur goal should be 1700+ dex

Mayyhem

I just came across this farming Act II and I have NO idea about anything to do with Witch Doctors :/

tUd8l.jpg

anybody know if this is worth anything ?

koji

I just came across this farming Act II and I have NO idea about anything to do with Witch Doctors :/

tUd8l.jpg

anybody know if this is worth anything ?

That's pretty good, bit low on the minimum dmg.

Doesn't have critchance and/or manaregen though. Do a search on 150int/130vit/15MF and price it against those.

larvi

Hmm any DH who killed Ghom could take a look ?

Act 2 is piece of cake and Act3 first half i can even kill extra health dmg reflective mobs.

but I can't get the fat bastard with this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/michaelius-1595/hero/5127051

Should i get 700-800 LoH weapon and 400 LoH amulet to try ?

This is the strategy I used to beat him with my DH:

http://youtu.be/8Dt5ivSSjJs

Get a one hander with loh, I had about 650 on mine, pick up a good shield and swap out your dex gems for vit. I also had to pick up a couple of other armor pieces with some vit and posion res as well when I did it.

Europe Price Check D:

I've been trying to sell this amulet for weeks
ceQrc.png

I would take that off your hands if I had the gold for it...I finally hit that gold wall

you know...when you can't afford to repair yourself

:(

after a few weeks, if you can't sell it then I'll give whatever gold I have (up to about 50k if I can ever get up there again)....better than nothing or 2500

side tangent: I really need some decent MF gear. Between the absurd prices in the AH and having a hard time finding people to play with who are willing to revive me over and over again because I have low vit makes it really discouraging. I hope I get something good this week. Otherwise I'm going to start a new character.

I would take that off your hands if I had the gold for it...I finally hit that gold wall

you know...when you can't afford to repair yourself

:(

after a few weeks, if you can't sell it then I'll give whatever gold I have (up to about 50k if I can ever get up there again)....better than nothing or 2500

If he ascutally puts that up for 50K it will sell in seconds. I'm not sure why he can't figure out a price though.

Search for 150+ dex, 45 ALL resists and 300 LOH for a lowball idea of it's value. It's a great ammy for a cold stacking monk.

Sheik

Strange. Somebody bought something off me yesterday and now I see it back up on the AH selling for cheaper. Buyer's remorse? Why not try to make all your money back at least? Shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom