• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexel

Whirlwind Barb is so fun. I have a DH that can farm act 3 comfortably, but I've been using my mediocre WW barb to roflstomp act 2 lately. Any Barbs with tornado builds currently farming act 3 comfortably? I can progress through act 3, if that's what all I wanna do, but it's not yet farm status for me yet.

Yea I'm farming act 3 very comfortably as ww barb. Let me know if you have some questions or need help

DTKT

Can you get a WW barb geared for ACT2 farm with 2-3 mil?

That's probably the only thing that would pull me back in again.

Zanosuke

Yea I'm farming act 3 very comfortably as ww barb. Let me know if you have some questions or need help

I'm rocking act 3 with my melee wiz but I have a friend who never was able to farm act 3 with his barb, so I thought I might help him with a viable build. Do you have any screens of your eq, stats and skills? : )

woober

jg6XLbNZ6wx5U.png

Price check? Seems there's no similar stat weapon with this high a DPS. I filtered conservatively with 100 Dex, 200 Vit, 50 Crit Damage and got 1065 max dps on the auction house (15mil bid/20mil buyout with no one bidding). And then when I filter 150 dex/ 250 vit, the AH has 935dps max. How would you price this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/63636023

Some offers for the weapon I found... with one being a troll offer of 900mil, lol.

Definity

Decided to do a quick farm run today in act 3 and finally got another set item. Haven't even looked at the AH yet to price it. At least it rolled some what of a main stat/vit.

iEnOFzjAGT3yI.png

ZenaxPure

Alright mans, I read through the thread a bit but didn't find any helpful info so I figured I would go ahead and ask. Are there any good sites for character builds or tips for inferno and all that?

I just picked up the game about 5 days ago and I've been glued to my Barbarian, have had a ton of fun. But, given how easy it has been I hadn't bothered seeking out any info and had just been setting up my character for whatever I was having fun with at the time. That has served me well all the way through act 1 inferno with very little trouble... but now in act 2 after a fucking normal wasp murdered me outside of the desert town I assume I need to actually get serious with my gearing and ability loadout.

No idea what to do though, looked around a few websites and I couldn't find anything really all that helpful and wasn't sure if what I had found was out of date or not either.

Zertez

Alright mans, I read through the thread a bit but didn't find any helpful info so I figured I would go ahead and ask. Are there any good sites for character builds or tips for inferno and all that?

I just picked up the game about 5 days ago and I've been glued to my Barbarian, have had a ton of fun. But, given how easy it has been I hadn't bothered seeking out any info and had just been setting up my character for whatever I was having fun with at the time. That has served me well all the way through act 1 inferno with very little trouble... but now in act 2 after a fucking normal wasp murdered me outside of the desert town I assume I need to actually get serious with my gearing and ability loadout.

No idea what to do though, looked around a few websites and I couldn't find anything really all that helpful and wasn't sure if what I had found was out of date or not either.
There is some decent guides for inferno Barbarian builds on the official forums, but you have to search for them due to the item price check/trading spam. The biggest thing for moving up to Act 2 is getting the proper gear. Skill and a good build will help, but having solid gear helps more than anything else. Once you get the proper gear everything becomes much easier, although the bees are still annoying due to them running away so often. I dont think the bees would be that bad if they didnt move around so much. A champion pack with fast, reflect damage with shield or invulnerability is a waste of time for me and I just skip them. A bad build will make inferno tougher, but high end gear makes up for almost any short comings with builds or skill.

This is a decent guide to start off with.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271506096

eek5

/r/diablo3strategy is a good subredit for stuff like that. If you have questions you can post and people are usually pretty friendly

ZenaxPure

Thanks for the help gents, I had found that one guide on diablofans but I wasn't sure if it was up to date or not since this WW barbarian stuff seems to be all the rage currently. Will start gearing up and such when I can, still pretty low on gold right now since I haven't even had the game a full week yet haha.

woober

jg6XLbNZ6wx5U.png

Price check? Seems there's no similar stat weapon with this high a DPS. I filtered conservatively with 100 Dex, 200 Vit, 50 Crit Damage and got 1065 max dps on the auction house (15mil bid/20mil buyout with no one bidding). And then when I filter 150 dex/ 250 vit, the AH has 935dps max. How would you price this?

I ended up just putting it on the auction house for a starting bid of 10mil. We'll see how it goes from there.

Dahbomb

I don't do minimum bids only anymore.

A lot of people have wised up to the art of bid sniping. I put a piece that was worth in the 10s of million but I put a min bid of 3 million only. It sold for exactly that much. I haven't put a min bid since then and I have been making decent money.

Zanosuke

Can this go for a good amount? (Upgrade doesn't reflect any of my character's, little brothers Barb)
AjLwJ.jpg

I'm at work so I can't check for myself, but do a search for one-handers on AH together with min value 300 strength , 100 vit and 90 crit chance. Sort by DPS.

Sigmaah

I'm at work so I can't check for myself, but do a search for one-handers on AH together with min value 300 strength , 100 vit and 90 crit chance. Sort by DPS.

Did that and one came up for 13 mill, had higher dps but 45 chance to crit instead, I'm assuming mine could go more.

I had some decent luck this weekend farming act III. Got a ring that sold for 12 million.

I'm enjoying MP too. PLayed with Cebo and Vossler again. Played with Linsivvi this weekend for a second too. Playing with two monks and having two Manra's rocks.

This should have been ready at release, however...

8 years!

Yeah ... seriosuly.

This really makes discussing one's character easier on forums like this. Anyone need any gearing recomendations or something like that can easily just link their accounts now.

ON a side note, I'm compeltely blown away that a WW barb, with less DPS and armor than my monk is SOOOO much more effective at farming act III. I've seen your video of you pulling multiple packs.

WW barb is pretty powerful.

Danj

Oh finally no more tedious screenshotting of gear, thank god.

Okay someone tell me what's wrong with my character, I followed you guys' advice and sacrificed some INT so I could get more crit chance, but it's still not good enough even to cope with Act 1 Inferno, what gives?

Vossler

Good times this weekend with some GAF peeps. Done with Act 2, deciding whether to tackle act 3 or not. Might just farm 2 for a while. Got some decent drops, made some money. Good times.

Geeker

I like the gear bonuses summary to the lower left. Somehting like that should have been in the real game too to make it easier to keep track of your resists etc

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Okay someone tell me what's wrong with my character, I followed you guys' advice and sacrificed some INT so I could get more crit chance, but it's still not good enough even to cope with Act 1 Inferno, what gives?

Your defense seems too low. You should probably try to increase your all resist stat and your vitality a bit more. Instead of ice armor, use energy armor (force armor if you still get one shot, or prismatic if you don't).

You might want to switch to a blizzard/hydra kiting build for now, since it's not that gear dependent. Defense is not as crucial in a kiting build since the object is to not get hit anyway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Strategy/comments/wgc6b/wizard_general_guide_for_wizards_in_inferno/

Or you can try and experiment with a critical mass, tornado/nova wizard

http://www.thatsyogarbage.com/diabl...he-wind-up-wizard-build-with-inferno-gameplay

You can test out the critical hit wizard build for cheap, just buy some magic items on the AH with max or near max crit, (helm, gloves, bracers, source or shield, 2 rings and ammy) it probably shouldn't cost more than 5k a pop. Then go to Hell and give it a spin.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ON a side note, I'm compeltely blown away that a WW barb, with less DPS and armor than my monk is SOOOO much more effective at farming act III. I've seen your video of you pulling multiple packs.

WW barb is pretty powerful.

:D

Yep, 7 packs at once is a pretty good sign that the build is strong. It's not as crazy as some of the builds I've used in the past, though, because you actually need good gear with this one.

I'm able to get by with less armor/HP/all resist since my life regen due to life on hit and life steal is pretty high.

Also, when I party with my wizard friend, it's a lot safer due to all the CC freezes.

scosher

There's a lot wrong.

1) Get more +All resists. You hardly have any. I'm not sure about EU market, but you can get cheap armor pieces (10k or less) with at least 30-40 +resists, 80-100 Int, and Vit. For Act 1, you should aim for at least 150-200 +resists, and 250-300 for Act 2. Also note, gloves and helm for wizards can reach a max of 300 Int. It's a bit unorthodox that you actually have less Int on your gloves and helm than your other armor pieces. It's normally the other way around.

2) Not sure who advised you to get more crit chance, as resists should've been your #1 priority. In fact, the most popular cookie-cutter wizard build doesn't require any crit chance (Blizz/Venom Hydra). You need crit chance though to make a melee wizard work, and later, it becomes the best way to pump your DPS. But even a melee wiz needs good resists/armor to survive.

3) Dump Ice Armor, it's terrible. Pick up Energy Armor (Force Armor) rune as your armor spell. Drop Frost Nova for Teleport (Fracture). You can keep Diamond Skin, or swap it out for Mirror Images (Diamond Skin is actually only good once you have high resists/armor, which you do not). Drop Wave of Force for Venom Hydra. And lastly, Disintegrate is not a good skill for Inferno until you're better geared as it isn't suitable for kiting. Either go with Blizzard or Arcane Orb, whichever you prefer.

4) As for passives, once you pick up Teleport (and MI, if you so chose), take the Illusionist passive, and drop Prodigy. Astral Presence is better than Prodigy anyway, if you wanted an AP generator, as it also negates the downside to Energy Armor. Galvanizing Ward is a fine choice, as is Temporal Flux, but if you choose a Blizzard spec, swap out Flux for Coldblooded. As you get better geared, you can dump Galvanizing Ward for Glass Cannon.

Whooter

Okay, I'm either really stupid or something's wrong. I don't see where to access my own profile from the Community page on the D3 site...

Edit: nvm, I figured it out. It was the first thing. :p

I have the monk build for inferno, 30k life, 850 all res when I'm buffed, 5k base armor, up to 7500 when I hit...

Yet, I can't pass Act 2...

redhot_

I have the monk build for inferno, 30k life, 850 all res when I'm buffed, 5k base armor, up to 7500 when I hit...

Health is kind of low, are you using lots of crit dmg and %? it made a huge difference for me killing things faster after the jump to act 2.

You're health is lowish, but I did all of act II and III including Ghom with the same.

What are you skills?

For reference I farm Act II with 650 resists, 25K life and like 4500 armor and shred through things.

EDIT: link your profile so we can see your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom