• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Isn't that just a confirmation of what my interpretation? Since the numbers are aggregate it is still very much possible that the rares are going to be low level. A blue lvl 63 will still probably be a huge improvement, but it isn't like great items are going to be flooding out.

Well yeah, its not their intent to make sure every rare you get is amazing. They arent trying to make it so you can fully gear up in 63's after a solid two weeks. They are just making it reasonably possible over a long stretch of time.

Right now you can't no matter how much you farm, because the proper ilvl items flat out have zero chance of dropping for you in Act 1 and 2 etc.

Neki

My influx of shitty rares in Act 3 has gone up. I use to never get level 50 rares, but now I get two or three every run now.

sleepykyo

At least Kulle and Shen make it more bearable.

Even Shen can't make up for the lack of variety in the settings and at least 3 creatures with invincibility frames (lacuni lunge, sandshark burrow, snake/naga stealth ).

And Kulle is responsible for a big part of the repetition. Get his head in ruin 1. Get his blood in ruin 2, which is pretty much ruin 1. Get his blood in the cave. Turn on switch 1 in left terminus. Turn on switch 2 in the right half, which is basically the left half.

Right now you can't no matter how much you farm, because the proper ilvl items flat out have zero chance of dropping for you in Act 1 and 2 etc.

After farming the shit out of goblins I tend to agree with this. Found some decent gloves and some pants but aside from those it's been a complete waste of time

I'm talking like 100+ goblins

Does Whimsyshire drop Act 4 gear in Inferno?

Cipherr

Even Shen can't make up for the lack of vareity in the settings and at least 3 creatures with invincibilty frames (lacuni lunge, sandshark burrow, snake/naga stealth ).

And Kulle is responible for a big part of the repetition. Get his head in ruin 1, get his blood which in ruin 2 which is pretty much ruin 1, get his blood in the cave, turn on switch 1 in left terminus, turn on switch 2 which is basically switch 1.

Really hate Act 2 for the above reasons. Love the Kulle fight though and the voice actor behind it. That maniacal laugh he does just kills me.

Act 3 would be so much better, but of course its dense with soul lashers so....

Yeah Act 3/4 level gear. The mobs are equivalently hard, although they don't really have any evil special abilities like built-in mortar or tongue raping.

Got my Wizard through Act 1 of Nightmare. It's definitely starting to pick up a bit in difficulty as my gear isn't completely lulzworthy good as it was in Normal. I died quite a few times when I was just being reckless. My build isn't particularly safe or "good" at the moment either - I just sort of have fun abilities. Not that it matters much at least until mid-late Hell. You can cruise by with almost anything until then.

Killing Elite mobs is so much less satisfying at lower levels now that I've had my Demon Hunter at 60 for a taste of Nephalem Valor. It's like "welp...there's some blues I'll vendor." I saw maybe 2-4 rares or so the whole of Act 1 on my Wizard. With NV on the Demon Hunter just doing Butcher runs, I'll easily see a 10+.

Also - Treasure Goblins are the best thing. I don't know if I could ever play another ARPG/Loot game without them or an equivalent mechanic.

After farming the shit out of goblins I tend to agree with this. Found some decent gloves and some pants but aside from those it's been a complete waste of time

I'm talking like 100+ goblins

100+ goblins is 3 hours of farming maybe so no suprises you didn't find anything

I just got 850 dps 150 STR 15% IAS 1h weapon from our gobo friend this morning :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still think the stuff the Goblin Drops is actually sub-par stuff. I noticed the stuff from Act II Goblin Farming wasn't much better then what I was getting from Butcher Runs, I just got a lot more.

Yeah Act 3/4 level gear. The mobs are equivalently hard, although they don't really have any evil special abilities like built-in mortar or tongue raping.

Got my Wizard through Act 1 of Nightmare. It's definitely starting to pick up a bit in difficulty as my gear isn't completely lulzworthy good as it was in Normal. I died quite a few times when I was just being reckless. My build isn't particularly safe or "good" at the moment either - I just sort of have fun abilities. Not that it matters much at least until mid-late Hell. You can cruise by with almost anything until then.

Killing Elite mobs is so much less satisfying at lower levels now that I've had my Demon Hunter at 60 for a taste of Nephalem Valor. It's like "welp...there's some blues I'll vendor." I saw maybe 2-4 rares or so the whole of Act 1 on my Wizard. With NV on the Demon Hunter just doing Butcher runs, I'll easily see a 10+.

Also - Treasure Goblins are the best thing. I don't know if I could ever play another ARPG/Loot game without them or an equivalent mechanic.

I personally think mobs in Whimsyshire are MUCH harder than regular Act 3 / 4 mobs.

The quality of the loot Whimsyshire drops is higher, but the frequency at which it drops ilvl 62 / 63 gear is MUCH higher. You get far fewer items that are < lvl 60 in Whimsyshire than you do in normal Act 3/4. And of the Lv. 60+ items, the distribution is slanted more in favor of the higher ones than in Act 3/4 IMO

Got this tonight.

iM6nI.jpg

Nice upgrade indeed.

Totakeke

I personally think mobs in Whimsyshire are MUCH harder than regular Act 3 / 4 mobs.

The quality of the loot Whimsyshire drops is higher, but the frequency at which it drops ilvl 62 / 63 gear is MUCH higher. You get far fewer items that are < lvl 60 in Whimsyshire than you do in normal Act 3/4. And of the Lv. 60+ items, the distribution is slanted more in favor of the higher ones than in Act 3/4 IMO

My feelings as well. But there's fewer guaranteed drops in the same amount of time you spend. So it's quite possible you get 0 rares from all the clouds even with >200%MF + 5 NV, happened to me before.

100k to open a ponyland portal for you! :p

Level 56 DH here. I'm getting my face handed to me in Act 2 Hell. What skills should I use to turn the tables in my favor?

I just found out a bit earlier in the thread how I should be leveling, so I'll do that today toget to 60. Then how do I farm for cash to get something at the auction house? I heard pony runs can be fruitful, is there something that works better that I haven't heard of?

My feelings as well. But there's fewer guaranteed drops in the same amount of time you spend. So it's quite possible you get 0 rares from all the clouds even with >200%MF + 5 NV, happened to me before.

100k to open a ponyland portal for you! :p

True, although when 1.03 comes out that won't be the case :D

Cipherr

Considering how difficult it is to get geared for it, it's understandable. Monk, once geared, is like 10x more fun and safer to play than pretty much any other class in the game though. Once Inferno is tuned correctly, it'll be very nice for us monks.

Dual Wield Monk is possibly the most fun I have had in the game. And I now have a 60 Monk, Wizard, Barb and DH. It was a freaking blast leveling the monk. Less fun when I had to swap to a shield and run OWE all the time tho.

mileS

Has anyone managed to sell items that are level 16-40ish on the RMAH with any luck? I put up a couple items up for the hell of it to see if anyone bites.

LegoDad

So I now have over 1.5 million in gold for the first time... and I can't find anything I like or that's a beneficial upgrade for me at that price... I need a higher DPS weapon and want to keep my LOH, but that seems impossible since I like to use the empty socket as well..

I was looking for higher Vit and Str gear but at the resists I want, they just don't exist. I don't know how some barbs have 60k life and 30k DPS.. I'm stuck at 5k DPS and 43k life..

This is Act 3 Inferno, fyi.

eek5

My influx of shitty rares in Act 3 has gone up. I use to never get level 50 rares, but now I get two or three every run now.

Just finished another run. I got 2 level 60 rares.. total.

It's probably confirmation bias and/or I'm on the worst luck streak of all time but it feels really bad.

Neki

Just finished another run. I got 2 level 60 rares.. total.

It's probably confirmation bias and/or I'm on the worst luck streak of all time but it feels really bad.

this ain't no confirmation bias!

this is blizzard hotfixing us! :O

eek5

this ain't no confirmation bias!

this is blizzard hotfixing us! :O

On the bright side, my only iL63 rare was a 107-395 mojo so everything didn't end up too bad.

edit: oh btw I hit barracks again and no guard quest and got the chest so 5 runs into that dungeon and I'm pretty confident subquest = no chest

edit: oh btw I hit barracks again and no guard quest and got the chest so 5 runs into that dungeon and I'm pretty confident subquest = no chest

I know about the chest that can spawn right inside the entrance to level 2, but are there other spots? I usually avoid level 2 because of the massive horde of skull cleavers, but some reliable chest spots might get me to go in there. :lol

Insured

I'm a little bit confused by all this monk talk. My experience with monk has been VASTLY different. I got tired of getting oneshot by everything even with resistance gear on my DH, decided to try another class... Hey why not try monk out, I can use some of the same gear my DH has etcetc.

After hitting 60, I spent about 1.7 mill on my gear overall. Made it to act 3 with that VERY easily. I got an okay mainhand with +life on spirit spent and a socket in it, more +life on spirit on head, got some basic +life on hit jewelry and stacked fire res (could have gone with any res, just happened I had one valuable item with fire res on it already)/ +armor/dex on most slots. When I hit act 3, I spent maybe two more mill overall on some upgrades with the same type of stats. With that, I've killed inferno Diablo solo yesterday morning... Without much trouble at all. I've been grouping with friends now and then (who play mostly glass cannon ranged classes) but I've also done pretty much everything solo at some point.

Speaking of difficulty gearing up, I haven't gotten a single gear drop that would have fit my gear during these ~40 hours in inferno, but instead I found the +fire/all res gear I have to be VASTLY cheaper in the AH than my DH's gear.. I've had such an easy time with monk in inferno compared to my DH it feels ridiculous, and I've spent less than a third of the gold for my gear ._.

This is the build I've ran throughout inferno, with little variation now and then (blinding flash rune to 60% miss for elites, resolve for transcendence, cyclone strike with 20% dodge buff over breath of heaven). I ended up with about 30% crit on my gear so I chose cyclone for sweeping wind. I also found fists of thunder with thunderclap + cyclone with high crit chance to be an AMAZING combo, as you have naturally high attack speed and you "double-dip" on chances to get cyclones with every hit with thunderclap. I chose the +50% armor buff over that for progressing though. When solo I run with an enchantress, the 15% armor buff feels irreplaceable and charming act 3/4 monsters and watching them oneshot each other never gets tiring. I found my life on hit and life per spirit spent on gear to be EXTREMELY valuable, I never had a high HP pool (44k max) and I kept myself up mostly with cooldowns + crazy self healing. Had so much fun with monk, and so much more success than DH... I don't know what I did wrong with the DH.

Right, here's my way of farming whimsyshire.

I first get 5 NV up first before entering, then proceed to the level. Find the choke point that can trap pony elites, and try to clean up as quickly as possible.

Of course, there'll be mobs I can't handle, so I seal them off in an empty space somewhere in the map. there's a lot of these empty spaces in Whimsyshire, so it's not that hard.

After the map is clear, TP back to Tristam and change into my MF gear. That plus NV takes my MF up to 280.

I have gotten a legendary 3 days in a row.

Zyzyxxz

Just a quick update. The above item sold in less than an hour.
Looks like there's a modest RMAH market for below L60 items after all.

Maybe I should have charged more.

Hmm does this mean I should be farming late Nightmare and early Hell acts for some easy small change?

rCIZZLE

I first get 5 NV up first before entering, then proceed to the level. Find the choke point that can trap pony elites, and try to clean up as quickly as possible.

Of course, there'll be mobs I can't handle, so I seal them off in an empty space somewhere in the map. there's a lot of these empty spaces in Whimsyshire, so it's not that hard.

After the map is clear, TP back to Tristam and change into my MF gear. That plus NV takes my MF up to 280.

How do you feel whimsyshire compares to A3 and A4 farming?

zoukka

So I now have over 1.5 million in gold for the first time... and I can't find anything I like or that's a beneficial upgrade for me at that price... I need a higher DPS weapon and want to keep my LOH, but that seems impossible since I like to use the empty socket as well..

I was looking for higher Vit and Str gear but at the resists I want, they just don't exist. I don't know how some barbs have 60k life and 30k DPS.. I'm stuck at 5k DPS and 43k life..

This is Act 3 Inferno, fyi.

Tell me about it. I sniped all my WD gear for dirt cheap. And I mean my whole build under 1 mil cheap. That changed when I saved about a million for a close to 1000dps 1hander, but after that there just doesn't exist any efficient way to improve my stats it seems. Armor is low, but holy hell if I want to update any or my armor pieces it costs tens of millions to get a significant upgrade to any of them.

Sigh...

Also is there any way to get the inferno staff of herding without grinding for the separate ingredients??

Pkaz01

Do the clouds drop anything for you? I just did this and really the only thing we could get were the clouds and pot of golds since we couldnt kill any of the mobs. Didn't even get a rare drop but that was at 148 mf and without valor stacks.

GJS

I'm a little bit confused by all this monk talk. My experience with monk has been VASTLY different. I got tired of getting oneshot by everything even with resistance gear on my DH, decided to try another class... Hey why not try monk out, I can use some of the same gear my DH has etcetc.

After hitting 60, I spent about 1.7 mill on my gear overall. Made it to act 3 with that VERY easily. I got an okay mainhand with +life on spirit spent and a socket in it, more +life on spirit on head, got some basic +life on hit jewelry and stacked fire res (could have gone with any res, just happened I had one valuable item with fire res on it already)/ +armor/dex on most slots. When I hit act 3, I spent maybe two more mill overall on some upgrades with the same type of stats. With that, I've killed inferno Diablo solo yesterday morning... Without much trouble at all. I've been grouping with friends now and then (who play mostly glass cannon ranged classes) but I've also done pretty much everything solo at some point.

Speaking of difficulty gearing up, I haven't gotten a single gear drop that would have fit my gear during these ~40 hours in inferno, but instead I found the +fire/all res gear I have to be VASTLY cheaper in the AH than my DH's gear.. I've had such an easy time with monk in inferno compared to my DH it feels ridiculous, and I've spent less than a third of the gold for my gear ._.

This is the build I've ran throughout inferno, with little variation now and then (blinding flash rune to 60% miss for elites, resolve for transcendence, cyclone strike with 20% dodge buff over breath of heaven). I ended up with about 30% crit on my gear so I chose cyclone for sweeping wind. I also found fists of thunder with thunderclap + cyclone with high crit chance to be an AMAZING combo, as you have naturally high attack speed and you "double-dip" on chances to get cyclones with every hit with thunderclap. I chose the +50% armor buff over that for progressing though. When solo I run with an enchantress, the 15% armor buff feels irreplaceable and charming act 3/4 monsters and watching them oneshot each other never gets tiring. I found my life on hit and life per spirit spent on gear to be EXTREMELY valuable, I never had a high HP pool (44k max) and I kept myself up mostly with cooldowns + crazy self healing. Had so much fun with monk, and so much more success than DH... I don't know what I did wrong with the DH.
Shield or dual wield?

Do the clouds drop anything for you? I just did this and really the only thing we could get were the clouds and pot of golds since we couldnt kill any of the mobs. Didn't even get a rare drop but that was at 148 mf and without valor stacks.

Clouds often drop magic items, and sometimes rares.

I spent a week farming the Act 3 chest before it was nerfed, and well even though this is harder, I can get items as good as those Act 3 runs.

Do keep in my mind though that farming isn't a magical thing where you'll get a good item in your first try. You'll be lucky if you get a good item in a day. That's how it goes.

Number45

Also is there any way to get the inferno staff of herding without grinding for the separate ingredients??
They're all account bound, so no way of trading them. Just farm for the ingredients in normal, buy the plans (from the QM next to the cleric in act 4 of each difficulty) and make the staff - you'll need the materials and 1,750,000 gold total (I think that's right, 50k + 200k + 500k + 1m).

In theory you could get the inferno plans by going into someone's game who's in act 4, if you're not there yet yourself.

Did 3 pony runs today and got probably 20m worth of drops.

G9QoS.jpg
m7HXX.jpg

Kqglk.jpg
lFGqJ.jpg

Now that I've got a good fairly static gropu that can basically rape pony level, this is sooooooo many orders of magnitude better than farming anywhere else. I've done a few pick up groups for ponies and it's a freaking disaster, but between me and this other amazing monk tanking, it almost always goes smoothly now.

Just make sure you don't touch any of the pots, clouds, or pinata until the whole map is clear, then run through the full map with your MF set on popping everything

(Actually, the top left hammer was my old weapon which I replaced with a drop I got from pony run, lol)

jersoc

sad that late act 2 and act 3 makes melee wizard almost impossible w/o spending a lot. I'm not really even sure what could I improve other than mad resistances.

Switched to a kite build for now, downed seigebreaker with 5 stacks fairly easily. Pretty much just kited and let the enchantress/tyreal and hydra kill him and got crap loot that I was finding in act1 :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom