• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

I sold something wooo.

Not for anywhere near as much as you guys, but its a start and it was a low level item.

0SKaI.png

scy

This is what I've been doing -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5594214282

A lot of theorycrafting in there, but it works, atleast in act 1 it does, doesn't mean a lot I know but it's cool to play with the pets again after having to shelve them since act 1 Nightmare...

It feels like Blizzard had a lot of plans for people to be actually gearing Inferno for survival rather than damage; WD, DH, and Wizard all have survival skills that scale that way. Maybe eventually ... :x

I finished Act II inferno with my monk a few days ago while playing with some friends but it still feels next to impossible to actually farm the act solo. I feel pretty good about my build but it just seems like my gear isn't holding up. The problem is everything that would be a decent upgrade on the gold AH cost at least a solid 5 million or so. Oh well, I guess I'll keep slugging it out in Act I when I'm by myself.

Danj

I sold something wooo.

Not for anywhere near as much as you guys, but its a start and it was a low level item.

0SKaI.png

I haven't been able to get any of my stuff to sell for £5 :( is it only level 60 items that are actually selling right now? Or are people just buying stuff for like £2 or whatever?

Addnan

I haven't been able to get any of my stuff to sell for £5 :( is it only level 60 items that are actually selling right now? Or are people just buying stuff for like £2 or whatever?
My item was like a level 35 amulet if I remember correctly, put it up at 6am only sold few minutes ago. So it does take a while.

I've been trying to sell stuff in the US since the RMAH opened and I honestly haven't gotten any kind of a feel for what sells and what doesn't. I sold a lvl. 60 cloak for $23 that I honestly didn't think was that great, but can't sell a lvl. 60 helm that I actually thought was my best item on the store (with a pretty low starting bid, no less). I sold a random lvl. 40ish weapon that was fairly decent for $6 but can't sell another one that's probably slightly better for even $2. It really just seems like a luck of the draw kind of thing right now.

theta11

It feels like Blizzard had a lot of plans for people to be actually gearing Inferno for survival rather than damage; WD, DH, and Wizard all have survival skills that scale that way. Maybe eventually ... :x

I'm pretty sure that was the intention but the made the damage a bit too high. It's hilarious if you charm a mob it one shots other mobs in later acts.

GJS

Blizzard should hot fix in the guaranteed elite/champ rare drop with 5nv. I'm fed up with killing goblins and switching to magic find gear.

DSmalls84

As a Barb what should stats should I look for a shield to use in inferno

I have been looking for:
18% block or greater
1200ish Armor
Str
Vit
All resist
Crit chance

Current stats are 43k HP
18.5 K damage unbuffed
200-300 Resist all unbuffed

Trying to gear up for Act II

Revoh

I asked this yesterday and got no responses, so I ask again, does any of you know if you can link a virtual credit card with PayPal? My country isn't supported so I guess my only option to use PayPal is linking it with another service like Entropay.

*sigh*

Just lost my Level 40 HC Monk and Level 39 HC Wizard in the span of 20 minutes. Not too depressed about the monk, since don't really enjoy it... but damn, I love the wizard. Oh well, back to it... new wizard and dh! Team Squishy Will Rise Again.

lol Act 2 Inferno is kicking my ass. I can deal with the regular wasps and stuff OK as a wizard but the first lacuni elite I ran into just owned me so hard.

x-Lundz-x

So, fellow Wizards. I desperately need to change my build so I can farm inferno. Anyone care to share some level 60 builds that you guys have been using?

I should not I always play with a buddy, I do not solo.

MasLegio

Banned
way to go with ripping rest-of-the-world off Blizzard....

seems like the brits got the rough end of the shaft

transaction fee: 1$=1€=1£

I got my first set piece last night. Dagger. Manajuama's something or other. Seems like a good, yet overpriced MF, piece and that's about it. Sold it for 1.2 mil. Everything at 2 mil wasn't moving. Best loot so far though.

But what else is my Korean advantage good for?!

Though, on a serious note, how exactly is that enforceable anyway?

It's not unless they plan on kids/students/teachers turning other kids/students in. Technically you can play all MMOs and not trade but that's really really unlikely.

tjohn86

Fellow Barbs, can someone help me with some starting stats for Act II Inferno?

Right now, I'm at about 34k HP, 8400 Armor (with shout), about 400 all resists, and 10.5k DPS.

I get melted in Act II, but not sure what kind of stats I should be aiming for before I try again.

I am just now able to take on act 2 and my stats are something like:

40k Hp
8k Amor
600 All Resist (Before shout)
18k DPS
1000 Life on Hit

Life on hit is more important once you hit act 2.

Bog

Junior Ace
As a DH who does just fine in Act I but can't even start Act II, what sort of stats should I be looking at improving? I've begun reducing vitality in favor of All Resist since it seems like I'm going to get 1-hit either way.

eek5

Fellow Barbs, can someone help me with some starting stats for Act II Inferno?

Right now, I'm at about 34k HP, 8400 Armor (with shout), about 400 all resists, and 10.5k DPS.

I get melted in Act II, but not sure what kind of stats I should be aiming for before I try again.

I had about 40k HP 7k armor 700 resis w/ 300 LoH (all buffed). I think my DPS was around 11k but more will never hurt in A2. A lot of the mobs are annoying so the faster you kill them the better.

So what is better, set up a battle.net balance or use my paypal account?

Paypal is better unless you plan on buying from RMAH.

As a Barb what should stats should I look for a shield to use in inferno

I have been looking for:
18% block or greater
1200ish Armor
Str
Vit
All resist
Crit chance

Current stats are 43k HP
18.5 K damage unbuffed
200-300 Resist all unbuffed

Trying to gear up for Act II

Heres what I would search for:
Rarity: Rare
Level: 60 - [ ]
Props:
Block % - 5
All Res - 50

Basically look for sacred shield. If you can find a good dread it's OK but you'll replace it a lot sooner than a sacred shield. I wouldn't get anything under 22% block. Again, anything lower than 20% means you'll be replacing it sooner rather than later. After that the stats are kind of up to you. Just hover over all the cheap sacred shields and try to find one with good block% and some secondary stats. Crit% is great since it's a stat that only procs on a handful of items. VIT/STR are also handy. Also, life% can proc on shields so it's a stat you might want to nab.

Finally dinged 60 with my Wizard. I guess this is when the game is supposed to start?

I'm going to do whimyshire now and finish out hell(currently act 2).

Not sure how I will fare in Inferno. Only 30k DPS, shitty resists, and only 16k life. Might be able to worm through act one, but act two is out.

I may wait until 1.03 to start inferno.

Fularu

Banned
So Act II is more frustrating than hard if, like me, you HAVE to kill whatever elites/champions you meet "just because they killed you".

Anyway, halfway done with the Terminus... I'm not sure I'll want to farm Act II later :p

scy

Anyway, halfway done with the Terminus... I'm not sure I'll want to farm Act II later :p

Pretty much. I can do Act 2 and Act 3 on my Wizard but it's just typically not worth the effort / attention. My mindless farming needs TV / streams / voice chat to distract me :x

Finally dinged 60 with my Wizard. I guess this is when the game is supposed to start?

I'm going to do whimyshire now and finish out hell(currently act 2).

Not sure how I will fare in Inferno. Only 30k DPS, shitty resists, and only 16k life. Might be able to worm through act one, but act two is out.

I may wait until 1.03 to start inferno.

When does 1.03 patch becomes live?

Later this month. No straight answer from Blizz yet.

Makes me happy, then. I'm doing O.K in Act 1 Inferno, but it's almost like I don't want to go through with it because I know once Act 2 kicks in I'll have to do a lot, a lot, a lot of work to get through it.

Knowing that Inferno will be something very difficult but achievable sounds good to me :p

Fularu

Banned
Makes me happy, then. I'm doing O.K in Act 1 Inferno, but it's almost like I don't want to go through with it because I know once Act 2 kicks in I'll have to do a lot, a lot, a lot of work to get through it.

Knowing that Inferno will be something very difficult but achievable sounds good to me :p

Act II trains you. For real, it's a skill test, overcome it and you'll be a better player.It's not that hard, you have patterns to learn and a proper build that suits your playstyle/gear to create/use/learn.

My current spec is prety different from the one I used to clear Act I for example (as a barb)

DSmalls84

Act II trains you. For real, it's a skill test, overcome it and you'll be a better player.It's not that hard, you have patterns to learn and a proper build that suits your playstyle/gear to create/use/learn.

My current spec is prety different from the one I used to clear Act I for example (as a barb)

Care to post your build. I'm trying to move into Act II with my barb and I'm thinking about dropping WOTB for more survivablilty skills. Dat Damage.

Fularu

Banned
Care to post your build. I'm trying to move into Act II with my barb and I'm thinking about dropping WOTB for more survivablilty skills. Dat Damage.

Frenzy - Sidearm
War Cry - Impunity
Furious Charge - Dreadnaught
Revenge - Provocation
Earthquake - The Mountain's Call
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity

Nerves of Steel
Superstition
Tough as Nails

I'll probably drop Quake for Leap+armor or Sprint + tornadoes in Act III though

Status
Not open for further replies.