• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
so its been more than 52 hours since i tried to post funds to buy stuff on the rmah and they have still not dropped but i have been charged on both accounts since the day i did it.

rCIZZLE

Anybody want to search for Gibbering Gemstone in about an hour? (NA)

I actually need everything except for the plan and shinbone so I'd be down to search for everything.

zoukka

Don't think it matters. Just that secret spawn area.
Took me an hour.

Also is there a quest you need to complete before the guy can spawn? The wiki mentioned something like that, but had no links to the quest... I thought they just meant saving the guy when you meet him.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Oh my.

IjAly.jpg

MasLegio

Banned
Just checked RMAH out and was severely dissapointed that Blizzard do not understand the potential of micropayments. 1 € set fee per transaction will make RMAH a barren desert of uncompleted auctions because who the hell wants to pay 5€ for an item they might use a few hours before it is too low level and who the hell wants to sell something for less than 5€ if the transaction fee is 1€ minimum???

RMAH has been designed by incompetent developers with no knowledge of economics.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also is there a quest you need to complete before the guy can spawn? The wiki mentioned something like that, but had no links to the quest... I thought they just meant saving the guy when you meet him.

Are you talking about the Alchemist? He will randomly spawn (It is pretty rare), and he gives some minor "Kill these things in front of me" quest when you talk to him before opening the cave.

Just to note, the Chest that has the rainbow spawn is supposedly also random.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just can't imagine the money Blizzard is making with RMAH. It's absurd beyond belief.

Just wait till commodities goes live. Blizzard only makes $1 per sale for weapons, but the gold action is where the real money is at, 15% of every cent that flows though. The 15% paypal fee is really is a paypal fee, Blizzard doesn't get it.

But to be honest, they likely have a good amount of money locked up in Blizbucks.

Number45

Just checked RMAH out and was severely dissapointed that Blizzard do not understand the potential of micropayments. 1 € set fee per transaction will make RMAH a barren desert of completed auctions because who the hell wants to pay 5€ for an item they might use a few hours before it is too low level and who the hell wants to sell something for less than 5€ if the transaction fee is 1€ minimum???

RMAH has been designed by incompetent developers with no knowledge of economics.
People ARE buying items, and I don't see the downside of making ~€4 profit for doing something that you enjoy.

zoukka

Just wait till commodities goes live. Blizzard only makes $1 per sale for weapons, but the gold action is where the real money is at, 15% of every cent that flows though. The 15% paypal fee is really is a paypal fee, Blizzard doesn't get it.

But to be honest, they likely have a good amount of money locked up in Blizbucks.

Are you sure they don't take a cut from the paypal fee? Would be silly if not.

Dynoro

Just checked RMAH out and was severely dissapointed that Blizzard do not understand the potential of micropayments. 1 € set fee per transaction will make RMAH a barren desert of completed auctions because who the hell wants to pay 5€ for an item they might use a few hours before it is too low level and who the hell wants to sell something for less than 5€ if the transaction fee is 1€ minimum???

I suggest you look at the microtransactions on iOS and Android. People are very willing to spend 5€ (and much much more) for a small boost that may only last minutes.

Zzoram

Yep I'm upset too. If they allowed stuff to be sold at a minimum of $0.10 and they simply take 50% on purchases less than $1.00 then it would open up a whole market for mid-tier stuff before lvl 60 gear.

Zzoram

With people selling some great stuff at $1.25 it basically means there is no place on the RMAH for sub-Inferno Act 3/4 stuff.

MasLegio

Banned
I suggest you look at the microtransactions on iOS and Android. People are very willing to spend 5€ (and much much more) for a small boost that may only last minutes.

some people are willing to spend 5€, some people is usually less than 1% of users.
I would however guess that more people would spend 1 € on an item they really wanted, more people like arount 10 % of users, 10% is a hellovalot more than 1 % and I think Blizzard is "losing" a lot of money (sales) due to this. The threshold to purchase an item is just too high if they set a superexpensive transaction fee on what should be micropayments.

Woo-Fu

Banned
With people selling some great stuff at $1.25 it basically means there is no place on the RMAH for sub-Inferno Act 3/4 stuff.

There was no place on the AH for it even before the RMAH, sadly. If you can afford ilvl 63 drops from acts 3 or 4 you're not going to buy the lower level stuff from earlier acts.

When I first hit Act1/Act2 I could make some decent money on my good drops, a week later though the AH was stocked with stuff from people exploiting chests, ghosts, etc. in acts 3 and 4 and the prices on lower level stuff went through the floor.

Dynoro

some people are willing to spend 5€, some people is usually less than 1% of users.
I would however guess that more people would spend 1 € on an item they really wanted, more people like arount 10 % of users, 10% is a hellovalot more than 1 % and I think Blizzard is "losing" a lot of money (sales) due to this. The threshold to purchase an item is just too high if they set a superexpensive transaction fee on what should be micropayments.

That's a lot of numbers thrown around - the real number could be very different to that. Say the 10% value you suggest is actually only 2% then it would cause a very different outcome. Thought it may also be 50% - I'm sure Blizzard will adjust minimum values and AH cuts if they think they can make more money.

People selling at 1.25 still make money (granted a small proportion of the selling price) but that's still .25 more than if they sold it on the GAH or just vendored it. Until the RMAH value of gold settles it will be very difficult to ascertain how much value people put on their time.

accx

You can't trade that recipe can you? Isn't it bound?

Well even if you can't i can still join a game after iskatu inferno.

So if anyone could be a doll and help a fellow out, please add my battletag (lain#2907).
I will be online the whole day.

Oh EU Btw. I just need to join a game After Iskatu on Inferno in order to buy the last recipe.
I'll give you a small donation as thanks for the help.

ParityBit

Since the RMAH has come out, how is the normal AH holding up? It has been a while since I looked because I started a DH and have not hit hell yet.

koji

Witch Doctor may be the dark horse of them all - I've seen reports that it's been good, but I don't think enough people play them for the true power to really out itself (I haven't played one since the beta). If anything is OP at this point, it's probably WDs, and we just haven't realized it yet.

Don't really feel like I'm OP at this point, I'm still in act 1 inferno, but it's true that you don't really hear a lot about WDs (which is probably good)

I'm playing with this CC build (pets and stacking STR/armor/resists + chance to stun/freeze/fear/etc on every piece of armor) now and the game feels pretty broken when you do that, but I'm not sure it's viable in act2/act3, some WDs appear to be doing it but you need such specific gear, shit (don't think I'll be able to afford it to survive in act2...). I'm just glad I can do some act 1 farming without having to kite mobs with my blowdart...

If I wanted to kite stuff I would have rolled a DH or a wiz...

Liquid rainbow should be found in the 6th or 7th quest? Diablowiki says 7th and in their video it was set on 6th...

I used this guide. Liquid Rainbow took me a while, hated Chiltara the most though...

LordAlu

Man, I can farm Act 1 Inferno with my Monk all day (with only the occasional blue/gold pack giving me trouble), but Act 2 destroys me pretty quick. Stupid bug spam and those mobs that are invulnerable when they jump :mad:

Think I'll just farm Act 1 until 1.03 comes out :p

rCIZZLE

Are you sure they don't take a cut from the paypal fee? Would be silly if not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a deal where paypal gets a bigger cut but has to deal with stolen credit cards and shit like that. Like blizzard gets the $1 per transaction without any risks.

red731

Man, I can farm Act 1 Inferno with my Monk all day (with only the occasional blue/gold pack giving me trouble), but Act 2 destroys me pretty quick. Stupid bug spam and those mobs that are invulnerable when they jump :mad:

Think I'll just farm Act 1 until 1.03 comes out :p

Abosuletely on the same boat as you...and with you.

suko_32

Found this in a normal chest, before going to work:

hbBLQ.png

Time to dump it on one of the AH's before the Attack Speed nerf comes.

Edit: This is probably the first time I've ever found an amulet that even comes close to decent.
Edit2: Tried to check (RM)AH but can't seem to get a good feel, how much do you think it's worth?

eek5

Witch Doctor may be the dark horse of them all - I've seen reports that it's been good, but I don't think enough people play them for the true power to really out itself (I haven't played one since the beta). If anything is OP at this point, it's probably WDs, and we just haven't realized it yet.

I wish you were right but I just don't see any shred of hope for WDs in their current state. They need a pet buff desperately.

Planning to roll a new class to farm inferno ponies. Should I roll Wizard or DH?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/v05rv/wizard_guide_inferno_made_easy_act24_farming_act/

This guy was clearing A3 with 1.6m worth of gear earlier. He only really started dying at the end when he came up against mortar/jailer/vortex.

LordCanti

US AH went down. Hopefully not for long, since I've got stuff with bids that will end in a few hours ><

Was hoping for a last minute bid war lol.

Edit: Back up.

I made... 20k on the sale of 7 Perfect Square Topaz. I already had the gems, so if I had to buy those, I'd have made more like...5k, if that.

Notttt wortttthhh ittttt.

koji

I wish you were right but I just don't see any shred of hope for WDs in their current state. They need a pet buff desperately.

The only way to make them a little bit viable is gearing up like a barbarian (running around with a 1.1k armor shield) and at the same time trying to keep your dps up, + stacking some dex for dodge + stacking all resists off course, oh and you also need to make sure that you have atleast more than 4.7% chance to proc a CC effect on every piece of armor. Oh and good life regen to maybe keep them alive during a fight against trash.

If you do that you can farm act 1 inferno!

Words on the street is that they are going to have Vit make an impact, but HP won't do shit, they need resists/armor. The only way to do that atm is to gear up like you're playing all classes in one, heck I've got 6k dps left. (this is in act 1, I was around 13k in hell, had to drop a lot of INT)

While a DH can just come in with his hell gear, upgrade his bow and destroy shit.

If any other WDs are around here I'd love to hear what you guys are doing, I used to play the kite build but elites in inferno are a complete hit and miss and take 20mins to kill... My old build, also the build most WDs are using atm I think...

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't know what you guys are smoking, I've been farming Act III on my Witch Doctor for days. IAS+Run Speed+Grasp+Wall+Hex+Horrify+A LOT OF DARTS.

koji

Yeah that's what most WDs are doing I guess Woo-Fu, but I dunno, I didn't take the petclass to kite... (and I also can't kite shit at work :lol)

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah that's what most WDs are doing I guess Woo-Fu, but I dunno, I didn't take the petclass to kite...

Every ranged class kites in Inferno past Act 1. It isn't a witch doctor issue. Even if the pets could take the hits you'd still have to kite because there is no Aggro manipulation in this game and mobs always split off the tanks and go for the back line.

The demon hunter and wizard I group with regularly both die more often than I do.

What I like best is grouping with a super-tanky Monk who has the player version of Vortex. I just stand about 10 feet behind him and unload on the stack of mobs he builds. Anything comes for me he just stacks them again. His damage is non-existent but since I don't have to interrupt my DPS with merely surviving I hit my max easily and all of my AoEs hit every mob in the fight.

koji

Every ranged class kites in Inferno past Act 1. It isn't a witch doctor issue. Even if the pets could take the hits you'd still have to kite because there is no Aggro manipulation in this game and mobs always split off the tanks and go for the back line.

This is what I've been doing -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5594214282

A lot of theorycrafting in there, but it works, atleast in act 1 it does, doesn't mean a lot I know but it's cool to play with the pets again after having to shelve them since act 1 Nightmare...

Neki

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

12 hours left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom