• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

cormack12

Gold Member
Rentahamster Rentahamster what are you doing going forward? I wanna level other classes but don't wanna burn out. So I might just start a new class when the seasons start and get my rogue to 100 (also gives me an inkling into how long the battle pass will take :eek: )

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Rentahamster Rentahamster what are you doing going forward? I wanna level other classes but don't wanna burn out. So I might just start a new class when the seasons start and get my rogue to 100 (also gives me an inkling into how long the battle pass will take :eek: )
Now that I have a better understanding of endgame barbarian, I was thinking that I might try to get a hardcore character to level 100 and attempt the challenge. It's a little late to the party, but I'm banking on a bunch of people dying, and not everyone applying for it on twitter.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you're on wt1 yeah. I had rares in the main and maybe three decent legendaries at the end of campaign. Last boss drops a guaranteed sacred legendary I think but within a few hours you'll prob have something better.

Am sure people will will be on later to do the stronghold with you in the clan
I'm on tier 2, does it change anything?

I was not really searching for coop companions, i don't wanna waste anyone's time, i'm stil level 30 in act 1.

Last edited:

alife

Found this chest earlier and added it to my WW Barb build. I now thank all enemies and bosses for killing themselves.
zmPS0pR.png

tWMGNPq.gif

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I'm on tier 2, does it change anything?

I was not really searching for coop companions, i don't wanna waste anyone's time, i'm stil level 30 in act 1.
If you want legendaries do events then go to the purveyor of curiosities (seems like a 1 in 3 chance but maybe I’m lucky), there’s one event south west of Kyovashad that activates pretty often, just go out the south gate and hang a left at the first turn (East).

I got probably 90% of my gear leading to the capstone dungeon that way, and was basically able to snooze through it, granted I was level 52 by then lol (I got a little sidetracked).

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Blood necro is where its at.

Finally decided to go with that as my first proper playthrough, and I'm doing it hardcore.

Wish me luck.
Yeah I stared off trying a bone necro minion build, but the minions kept dying on bosses (although the blood golem will survive anything pretty much) and my survivability was really really low, it felt like playing Dark Souls game at a low level at certain points…just dodging a lot and mostly just trying to stay alive

I switched to a blood and shadow corpse explosion build with no minions and now I sit up front and face tank pretty much everything even standing in the middle of poison puddles while everything blows up around me, and if there aren’t explosion noises going off constantly I know something is going wrong….I call it the Michael Bay build.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Level 25 now, In Act 2 apparently ( not that I would know im in Act 2...) couldnt even tell you who the Act1 boss was. Items are so boring and shit all around. Meh...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just finished grabbing all the lilith statues.

160/160

Now the next project is tier 5 renown in every region. I've already got 2/6

Man, I'm level 26, I have not found a single one of those beyond the scripted one at the start of the game.

Are they randomized in the world ?

Also, when do I get that fucking horse ..

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Man, I'm level 26, I have not found a single one of those beyond the scripted one at the start of the game.

Are they randomized in the world ?

Also, when do I get that fucking horse ..
I found all of 3 through the campaign, they were really good at making them inconspicuous and hard to find. They’re not randomized though so you can pretty much just look up a map.

The horse comes at the start of act 4 (I think you have to be level 40).

Vyse

Gold Member
The only problem with necromancer is when you face a boss that don't spawn minions that you can kill , then your minions all dies eventually and you can't cast new ones so you end up alone weak AF 😅
Exactly. Felt super OP, then boss took out my peeps and I was like oh fuck. He chased me around while I chipped away. Very funny.

geary

What's the deal with sacred common items? Is there a logic behind them, because you wont wear them? Can you upgrade them to common, rare and then legendary?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sorry if I don't answer people in chat in game as my nephew is house sitting for a couple of days and he can't wait to try this game so it will be him playing

GHG

Annnd my hardcore necro is dead after attempting my first aspect dungeon boss. Don't think I'm trying hardcore again until I have more knowledge. Got to level 18 on my first attempt. Will complete the game on normal before trying that again.

amigastar

I've heard the game gets really grindy after level 50. That sucks tbh, they could have gone with a more non grindy approach. Wouldn't have hurt the game.

Last edited:
I've heard the game gets really grindy after level 50. That sucks tbh, they could have gone with a more non grindy approach. Wouldn't have hurt the game.
It's diablo. Hilarious people complain about this and praise d2. I guess it was so much better to endlessly farm the same boss using the same skill over and over. Farming baal for the 1000th time was the highpoint of my diablo 2 playtime

Freeman76

The gane IS grind, thats the point. Whats even better is they have actually put mega rare items in that not everyone will ever get. Of course, thats pissed a lot of ppl off but they would then be moaning there is nothing to do if Blizz upped the drop rates. Its probably not the game for you if the idea of grinding for small gains is a turn off, because for most players that's the whole point of playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I get it, but i thought Diablo 4 was a more approachable way into Arpgs so i thought less grind would be better.
Endgame has to keep people playing in a loot based service game, it will make or break the game, and grind is pretty much the only way to do it. What makes the grind good or bad depends on the quality of character progression and how repetitive the tasks are.

If the grind is bad you end up with the likes of Anthem: pigeonholed classes and basically a single endgame activity. With Diablo 4 I finished the game and the capstone dungeon and I didn’t even know where to start with the amount of stuff I still had to check off and the ways I could tweak my build.

Last edited:

amigastar

The gane IS grind, thats the point. Whats even better is they have actually put mega rare items in that not everyone will ever get. Of course, thats pissed a lot of ppl off but they would then be moaning there is nothing to do if Blizz upped the drop rates. Its probably not the game for you if the idea of grinding for small gains is a turn off, because for most players that's the whole point of playing.
Ok, noted.
I've played many hours of Diablo 2 in my life, it's just i've never was obsessed with it that i grinded to lvl 80 or 90 or something.
Maybe i like the grind i still have to find out.
Edit: Also Whoopi Goldberg plays Diablo, lol. She complains about Diablo 4 not being on Mac.

Last edited:
Gotta say the new aspect system makes gearing so much more enjoyable. I feel like I’m no longer locked out of builds because I’m not lucky enough to get the right items.

It’ll be nice once I get some of the OP uniques but I don’t feel like they’re necessary to push endgame content.

Also being under leveled on WT4 fucking sucks. Rentahamster Rentahamster carried my lv55 ass past the WT3 capstone and I got wrecked in WT4 up to around lv65

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Gotta say the new aspect system makes gearing so much more enjoyable. I feel like I’m no longer locked out of builds because I’m not lucky enough to get the right items.

It’ll be nice once I get some of the OP uniques but I don’t feel like they’re necessary to push endgame content.

Also being under leveled on WT4 fucking sucks. Rentahamster Rentahamster carried my lv55 ass past the WT3 capstone and I got wrecked in WT4 up to around lv65
best to play WT4 above lvl 63 imo.

Freeman76

So has anyone reported secrets in the game? Surprised they didnt do some hidden stuff in the maps for example. A missed opportunity if they didnt, but I guess things get added over time too. Wondered about the rainbow portal, cow level, treasure room portal etc. Maybe they have ultra low occurance, or just not in yet?

Top Bottom