• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Filben

Am I correct that aude quests are not shared with party members/friends you're playing with? Everyone does his side quests independently but it just happens at the same time if you want to?

I noticed that my friend needed to pick up an quest item I already had whole we were doing the same quest together.

This is weird. Why isn't it possible in 2023 to have a really shared world where one highly specific quest item exists exactly one time and it doesn't matter who picks it up and gives it to the NPC for the quest to be solved for all party members. It's weird and immersion breaking when you solve a guy's problem and two seconds later my friend solves the guy's problem again because said NPC still had that problem on the screen of my friend.

I've not seen an option to share a quest.

With all this talk about online worlds like in MMOs I'm disappointed it doesn't fucking matter what you do. What's the point even with this always online crap if it's not a persistent world that is effected by the players' actions? Every party member seems to still have his own world just existing at the same place and time as yours and via multidimensional quantum mechanics it happens you see them along your journey.

Apart from that I'm having a blast with the game. Story so far is more interesting than in any Diablo before and the gameplay loop is highly addictive.

And I've no incentive to spend money on MTX and I was not being asked to do so intrusively yet.

KrisB

I feel like I'm on a major bad luck streak. From levels 40-46 I haven't found a single gear upgrade, no legendaries, no yellows worth upgrading at the occultist, nuthin. Feels bad man.
Mine feels the same. In the 20’s I was getting lots of legendary drops. Now at 41 and haven’t got anything exciting for a while.

Chukhopops

Can’t believe I played Druid for 35 levels building Intelligence before realizing entirely by accident that it does fuck all for spell damage and you’re supposed to build Willpower.

And the whole time I kept feeling the class was a little on the weak side.

Codeblew

I played the sorceress until level 32, tried different skill combinations but nothing seems to work for me. I avoid guides or such though, I want to find out things by myself.
I don't know if I have a meta build or not, I just spent the 2 weeks before launch playing with the calculators and then I adjusted my spec as I leveled.

Try ice shards, get the aspect that pierces with ice shards. Get frost nova and the aspect that gives you 2 charges. Get teleport because you're a sorc. Get deep freeze ultimate because it is great in big rooms of mobs or when frost nova is on cooldown. Get the Icehart Brais unique.

This is just a hint to lead you in a good direction (but not the only one). I left a lot for you to figure out as well.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I don't know if I have a meta build or not, I just spent the 2 weeks before launch playing with the calculators and then I adjusted my spec as I leveled.

Try ice shards, get the aspect that pierces with ice shards. Get frost nova and the aspect that gives you 2 charges. Get teleport because you're a sorc. Get deep freeze ultimate because it is great in big rooms of mobs or when frost nova is on cooldown. Get the Icehart Brais unique.

This is just a hint to lead you in a good direction (but not the only one). I left a lot for you to figure out as well.
I dont get why people say teleport is so important? I thought it was a waste of skill points when I tried it, am I missing something?

Codeblew

I dont get why people say teleport is so important? I thought it was a waste of skill points when I tried it, am I missing something?
1. Its fun. 2. Efficiency: Teleport to next pack, frost nova, kill pack in 1-2 seconds (get speed boost if you have 1 of the aspects) and move on to the next pack. 3. Defense (more important in ancestral nightmare dungeons): Move out of shit fast before dying when evade(s) are on cooldown. 4. It gets you out of almost all (I think?) CC.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Am I correct that aude quests are not shared with party members/friends you're playing with? Everyone does his side quests independently but it just happens at the same time if you want to?

I noticed that my friend needed to pick up an quest item I already had whole we were doing the same quest together.

This is weird. Why isn't it possible in 2023 to have a really shared world where one highly specific quest item exists exactly one time and it doesn't matter who picks it up and gives it to the NPC for the quest to be solved for all party members. It's weird and immersion breaking when you solve a guy's problem and two seconds later my friend solves the guy's problem again because said NPC still had that problem on the screen of my friend.

I've not seen an option to share a quest.

With all this talk about online worlds like in MMOs I'm disappointed it doesn't fucking matter what you do. What's the point even with this always online crap if it's not a persistent world that is effected by the players' actions? Every party member seems to still have his own world just existing at the same place and time as yours and via multidimensional quantum mechanics it happens you see them along your journey.

Apart from that I'm having a blast with the game. Story so far is more interesting than in any Diablo before and the gameplay loop is highly addictive.

And I've no incentive to spend money on MTX and I was not being asked to do so intrusively yet.
I thought it depended on how you started it, but some are class dependent. It is not clear. I think it might be like this: If you start a side quest that is common together then you can both do it with only 1 having to turn it in. If I started it, then player 2 joins, they will have to start it to get points. There are class specific ones too. My son's Barbarian needed to start a side quest for his class. I may have accepted one for my class too and maybe that was why he had nothing he could do in it.

Freeman76

Just got Staff of Endless Rage, was sticking to dagger and offhand for the 2x Aspects, but this thing seems pretty beastmode, every 3rd fireball casts an extra 2. Shit thing is my other weapons had + attack speed so now I feel like im shooting through water lol.

GymWolf

Gold Member
GymWolf GymWolf Did you need help with something? You messaged me in-game the other day right? I tried messaging back but the game says that due to cross-platform permissions, I can't.
I was having problems with a boss but i beated it in the end.

Btw i don't know how it works with legendaries, but after i got the first one, now i'm finding them very easily, like even from trash mobs, i'm kinda surprised:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Majority of them were crap tho, but now i finally have a decent build that smash 95% of enemies, i got a legendary that make me do 60% more damage with my primary skills if i have some fortify in my health bar so i specced to get fortify from everything.

The game lagging and rubber bending is super fucking annoying, i got killed dozens of times against bosses because of that.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I did a lot of testing today and if you are specifically trying to get ascended gear at high rates plus better chances at uniques once you are in tier world 4, run the highest level nightmare dungeons you can.

I’m level 75, and was doing level 43 nightmares at the end. Enemies were level 95, but I’d always come back after one dungeon with full ascended gear slots. I got 3 uniques total in a 5 hour play session. None of which I wanted but hey it is what it is.

HoodWinked

found an interesting item at lvl 62. surprisingly the item level is typical of max level drops.
Wr3XxLQ.png

Joramun

Is the game crashing for anyone else this morning?

Mine keeps bloody crashing

AMD drivers are up to date

No update for the game

Updating motherboard bios right now

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
~ 20 hours in and I have finally just finished Act 1.
You're playing the game correctly 👌 People rushing through missing 70% of the fantastic world and characters Blizz created just to reach the "endgame" is silly, the game isn't going anywhere. I think I was 25+ hours until I moved on from Act 1, still hadn't found/done everything though I got every side quest/stronghold down.

Laieon

Just finished the campaign, I liked it a hell of a lot more than Diablo 3's. I skipped most of the side quests and dungeons, so I plan on going back and doing those next.

I will say though, one thing I really miss from Diablo 3 is the combo system where the more enemies you kill, the more experience you get and just generally how fast paced the game was. I'm playing D4 as a necromancer and it's slow.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You're playing the game correctly 👌 People rushing through missing 70% of the fantastic world and characters Blizz created just to reach the "endgame" is silly, the game isn't going anywhere. I think I was 25+ hours until I moved on from Act 1, still hadn't found/done everything though I got every side quest/stronghold down.

There's a big-ass stronghold near the top north east of the act 1 zone, that alone took me around 20~30 mins to complete.

Freeman76

There is no 'correct' way to play it. You end up doing everything multiple times anyway so there is literally no point to your comment. It took me ages to finish the campaign, but now that I have it wouldnt have mattered if i rushed it or not, there is reasons to go everywhere. Not only that, but if you only follow the campaign, by the end at least 1/3 of the map is untouched 🤣🤣

GenericUser

There is no 'correct' way to play it. You end up doing everything multiple times anyway so there is literally no point to your comment. It took me ages to finish the campaign, but now that I have it wouldnt have mattered if i rushed it or not, there is reasons to go everywhere. Not only that, but if you only follow the campaign, by the end at least 1/3 of the map is untouched 🤣🤣
Yeah, the game is so crazy good. It drowns you in content. Love it. I played more of my necromancer yesterday and it's pretty fun so far. My skellies often wander off screen to kill dudes and I only get an Idea of how many they kill by looking at my exp meter at the bottom of the screen. Pretty tight, feels like I'm the baddy, lol.

GHG

Is hardcore on a different server or something?

I've now got my regular necro up to level 22 and that process felt a lot easier than it did on hardcore. Also the world events are different? Or are those randomised at various locations?

Fools idol

Banned
Is hardcore on a different server or something?

I've now got my regular necro up to level 22 and that process felt a lot easier than it did on hardcore. Also the world events are different? Or are those randomised at various locations?

I believe hardcore is it's own servers yes, not sure about world events.

Reactions: GHG

Fools idol

Banned
Do the hardcore characters convert to standard characters once they die or are they lost forever?

yeah you lose 100% of it on death, no fucking around here.

The way it's designed it's essentialy like 'if you don't know 100% of what you are doing with your build, the dungeon will be near impossible'.

It's a design choice and I like it. No wishy-washy winging it with a generic build, you have to have specific items set up and careful planning of your skills.

GenericUser

yeah you lose 100% of it on death, no fucking around here.

The way it's designed it's essentialy like 'if you don't know 100% of what you are doing with your build, the dungeon will be near impossible'.

It's a design choice and I like it. No wishy-washy winging it with a generic build, you have to have specific items set up and careful planning of your skills.
Yeah, I like that approach too. No fucking around. That being said, hardcore is definitely not for me though.

Top Bottom