• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you manage to secure the PS5 Pro?

And if you did, which version?

• Total voters

Fess

For sure. There's just not many Xbox first party games I care about playing day one in recent years, and I've yet to enjoy a PC exclusive (I do have a gaming PC, just dated with a GTX 970) as I just never got into things like CRPGs, RTS games, MOBAs etc. Well, there were some indie exclusives I liked years ago, but now those pretty much all come to consoles too since that market exploded.

So PS only would be the better option for currently (though I'm not doing that since I still have an XSX and Switch OLED--may sell the XSX in 2026 when my last 3-year cheap gamepass sub expires). But I could definitely jump to PC down the road if Sony starts porting all their games with no longer than a year delay at some point in the future. If it's still 2ish years, some not getting ported like TLOU2 (or getting ported way later like the long wait for TLOU1) I'll stick with PS.
Sounds like you’re quite set for the future. If you already have a XSX and Gamepass you don’t have to wait for Indy, Horizon, E-Day and other games they release until their next console is out. Just enjoy. Selling it to go PS5-only might get you salty, Microsoft are doing strategic delays just like Sony, it’s tolerable but very annoying.

No rush now but I would recommend to plan ahead for a PC upgrade within 2-3 years, start saving now to soften the blow.

I'm not going to lie, as somebody who's owned every piece of PlayStation hardware released, including a Day 1 PSVR2 bought via pre-order invite, I can't help but be annoyed by the fact they had an invite system in place for VR2 but not for the anniversary console, and now Scalpers have ran wild and ruined it.

dmaul1114

Sounds like you’re quite set for the future. If you already have a XSX and Gamepass you don’t have to wait for Indy, Horizon, E-Day and other games they release until their next console is out. Just enjoy. Selling it to go PS5-only might get you salty, Microsoft are doing strategic delays just like Sony, it’s tolerable but very annoying.

No rush now but I would recommend to plan ahead for a PC upgrade within 2-3 years, start saving now to soften the blow.

Yeah I’m in no rush to sell the XSX. My Gamepass goes through spring 2026 (did one last convert 3 years of Live to GPU before the changed the conversion rate). When that expires I’ll decide if I want to keep it based on whether there’s enough things on Gamepass to make me want to stay subbed at whatever current prices are then.

For the PC switch, thankfully I and my wife both make solid money and don’t have kids etc., so I don’t need to save up. I can just buy a PC when/if I’m ready to make the switch. I just can’t justify it now time wise as I’m behind on console exclusives so I don’t need another platform added to the mix.

FrankWza

I'm not going to lie, as somebody who's owned every piece of PlayStation hardware released, including a Day 1 PSVR2 bought via pre-order invite, I can't help but be annoyed by the fact they had an invite system in place for VR2 but not for the anniversary console, and now Scalpers have ran wild and ruined it.
Good point. There's no perfect way to do these limited. The most fair would be the old school physical line but they want to maximize profits by selling through ps direct.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
12.300 units was way worse than the selling method. That's only good for scalpers. Should have been 250k or just plates. The only reason i could imagine is that Sony likes it when people are desperate for their stuff and media talks about it.

ManaByte

Got a Pro, disc drive, and a 4TB SSD.

Ultimate Warrior Sport GIF by WWE

Agreed, 12300 in each territory would have been way fairer, but even then they needed a better way to ensure people are buying them that want them, not to just keep them sat in a box to flip them.

Fess

Yeah I’m in no rush to sell the XSX. My Gamepass goes through spring 2026 (did one last convert 3 years of Live to GPU before the changed the conversion rate). When that expires I’ll decide if I want to keep it based on whether there’s enough things on Gamepass to make me want to stay subbed at whatever current prices are then.

For the PC switch, thankfully I and my wife both make solid money and don’t have kids etc., so I don’t need to save up. I can just buy a PC when/if I’m ready to make the switch. I just can’t justify it now time wise as I’m behind on console exclusives so I don’t need another platform added to the mix.
Lucky you I have to plan every purchase, PC prices are insane. And this Pro purchase was not planned! 😓
But now it feels like all bases are covered, just need Nintendo’s next one too, no saltiness needed anywhere after that! 😋

eerik9000

Yes, no problems with ordering the regular Pro over here. For a moment I thought about getting the 30th AE DualSense as well, but I already have 4 controllers - 2 whites from the launch and 2 coloured ones from 2021 and they are still in perfect condition.

Rayderism

I think I'm skipping the pro this time around. Maybe if they come out with something actually fun, like a Motorstorm remake/remaster/sequel, then I'll revisit my decision. For $700 it needed full PS1/2/3 BC, which it doesn't have. I don't need to see ugly characters more clearly.

Nah. I’ll wait.

Just not enough incentive at that price.
For me, it isn't even totally about the (insane) price, it's the lack of games. We are still buying brand new games in 2024 that are just PS4 games with higher resolution or frame rate. No ray tracing. No specific SSD utilization. Where are the PS5 games let alone PS5 Pro games?

It took years for games to be significantly worse to play on PS4 over PS4 Pro. I suspect it will take even longer for this to happen with PS5 pro, if ever. We will still be playing cross-gen PS4 ports until PS6.

I'lol buy one Black Friday 2025 if there is a bundle with optical drive.

Last edited:

SHA

My bro is hyped for pro the anniversary edition, unlike me, I'm all xbro box and ready for the next xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom