• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you manage to secure the PS5 Pro?

And if you did, which version?

• Total voters

danklord

Gold Member
Honestly it wasn't about saving money to me it was about not giving Sony the $30 for a stand they should have included

Tim And Eric Idk GIF
They'll rue the day!!!

dmaul1114

Of course.

But I don't have the stand. Are they now in short supply?

I logged back in and placed a separate order for the stand and disc drive as I forgot after finally getting in the first time. If you want one, just try to get back in. It was only a 5 minute wait for me (US) that time. I think it’s calmed down with the 30th Anniversary being sold out and thus the scalpers mostly done.

dmaul1114

I'm kind of surprised by how many people want the vertical stand. I kind of assumed most of us kept it horizontal as well. Makes me wonder what the breakdown is. We need a poll!

For me it’s too wide horizontally to fit on the shelves on my TV stand. Also felt it was probably better being totally out in the open (my stand just has holes for wires on the back side) since it gets pretty hot. My stand as a whole is pretty wide (has a 65” TV on it), just has the shelving divided into 3 sections which cuts down on the width for things.

Moses85

Got the regular Pro. Figured that I didn't really need the anniversary edition as I like to hide my consoles behind. Guess I saved 300 bucks for my son's Taekwondo class.

Edit:

Just got the confirmation from Sony. I think I'll eventually order again on Amazon for better customer service and cash back. But at least for now it gives me peace of mind.
Yep Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Bartski

Gold Member
I logged back in and placed a separate order for the stand and disc drive as I forgot after finally getting in the first time. If you want one, just try to get back in. It was only a 5 minute wait for me (US) that time. I think it’s calmed down with the 30th Anniversary being sold out and thus the scalpers mostly done.
wait.... will my stand from regular PS5 fit? I could just unscrew that one

Fess

Yeah, that’s part of my reasoning too. One of the main things holding me back from going PC is the long gap for Sony games getting ported as a lot of those I want to play day one and not get spoiled on story etc.

So figured it’s better to just shell out for this, sell my PS5 to knock the out of pocket costs some and rock PS5 Pro for a few years and see if they start porting to PC more consistently and with less delay as we head into the PS6 generation.
Nothing is holding me back, PC is the best place to be now for 90% of all games released but having to wait for the PS exclusives is no fun. Not a fan of Sony’s release strategy but it is what it is.

Still waiting on Stellar Blade, hoping it’ll release before the year end so I can have it on my GOTY list a year it’s eligible.

But couldn’t wait for a PC port of Astro Bot, and glad I didn’t, currently only behind Erdtree for me. Still early on, finished the God of War level over the weekend, was so good, loved the 🐙 boss too, the game is hitting all the right notes for me 👌

dmaul1114

Nothing is holding me back, PC is the best place to be now for 90% of all games released but having to wait for the PS exclusives is no fun. Not a fan of Sony’s release strategy but it is what it is.

Still waiting on Stellar Blade, hoping it’ll release before the year end so I can have it on my GOTY list a year it’s eligible.

But couldn’t wait for a PC port of Astro Bot, and glad I didn’t, currently only behind Erdtree for me. Still early on, finished the God of War level over the weekend, was so good, loved the 🐙 boss too, the game is hitting all the right notes for me 👌

For me I just don’t play enough games per year these days to justify a PC and a PS5. Already dumb having an XSX and Switch on top of PS5 as I just can’t keep up with games on all these platforms.

So I want to really just go PlayStation only or PC only eventually. PlayStation still wins out for me with not wanting to wait on their exclusives. But that could change down the road.

Illyria

Neo Member
Got an edge(thinking about it, it looks sick) & the regular pro(probably will cancel it & wait for a game custom version later).

Yeah, about 30 minutes ago. It was the first time all day I was able to put anything in my card, got to step 3 but never step 4 in the order. Apparently they had 150 total for the whole country.
I knew it would be near impossible since this thing was announced. I missed the Best Buy opportunity completely. Now I can't even get the 30th A. dual sense because the Best Buy site is so broken.

Cohetedor

Got a regular pro, not sure I'll keep it though. Ive been pricing out building a pc, 7700x with a 4070ti super I can get with discounts for just under $1500, and I definitely don't need both.

Fess

For me I just don’t play enough games per year these days to justify a PC and a PS5. Already dumb having an XSX and Switch on top of PS5 as I just can’t keep up with games on all these platforms.

So I want to really just go PlayStation only or PC only eventually. PlayStation still wins out for me with not wanting to wait on their exclusives. But that could change down the road.
All *-only scenarios are difficult, no matter where I go it means I’ll sometimes be forced to wait on games. PC-only=wait on PS exclusives. PS-only=wait on Xbox and PC exclusives. Etc. For me PC gets me access to the most games, but I would agree that it’s still too early to be PC-only, hoping for shorter delays on PC ports of PS exclusives in the future.

omegasc

Only regular PS5 Pro available here in Brazil, and it is still easily available. It costs R$ 6.999 (about U$1300) but last I saw on Amazon, more than 800 were sold.
30th edition PS5 Slim sold out in a couple minutes.
I tried to get a controller but didn't manage to yet

dmaul1114

All *-only scenarios are difficult, no matter where I go it means I’ll sometimes be forced to wait on games. PC-only=wait on PS exclusives. PS-only=wait on Xbox and PC exclusives. Etc. For me PC gets me access to the most games, but I would agree that it’s still too early to be PC-only, hoping for shorter delays on PC ports of PS exclusives in the future.

For sure. There's just not many Xbox first party games I care about playing day one in recent years, and I've yet to enjoy a PC exclusive (I do have a gaming PC, just dated with a GTX 970) as I just never got into things like CRPGs, RTS games, MOBAs etc. Well, there were some indie exclusives I liked years ago, but now those pretty much all come to consoles too since that market exploded.

So PS only would be the better option for currently (though I'm not doing that since I still have an XSX and Switch OLED--may sell the XSX in 2026 when my last 3-year cheap gamepass sub expires). But I could definitely jump to PC down the road if Sony starts porting all their games with no longer than a year delay at some point in the future. If it's still 2ish years, some not getting ported like TLOU2 (or getting ported way later like the long wait for TLOU1) I'll stick with PS.

Matsuchezz

I will try to buy one on launch day. That is the way I got my ps5 on day 1. I could not pick it up cause I got covid at launch day. But once I was on the clear I picked it up. I just sold my regular Ps5.

The pro is selling out. Really weird since no one asked for it and nobody wanted it.
Women GIF

LMJ

I certainly like what I see, but unfortunately the price is just a little too high at the moment budget has to be allocated to other things I'll probably get one in the near future maybe in a year or two.

Just like the PS4 Pro, certain games I'll wait on and play them at their best when I finally manage to snag one... my back log is plenty long already LOL

akira__

Banned
Ps4 pro, really did nothing for me.
And the response from media and consumers was mid at best.

Most people didn't care.

I'm wondering what the difference is?

Last edited:

FrankWza

Ps4 pro, really did nothing for me.
And the response from media and consumers was mid at best.

Most people didn't care.

I'm wondering what the difference is?
Probably not one thing but a few factors. More tv /display compatibility. High end gaming got more expensive too. This is a happy mid to low end. Some people are just buying this gen and are going for the best console. Also, a pro console is now going into expected territory vs the PS4 Pro and one x

Top Bottom