• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My DigiColle figures are prepping to ship from Ami :) Been patiently waiting for those sets! Soon I can begin my photo shoots! Too bad I don't have any neat dioramas set up like in the promo shots of them.

I made my desire for Mimi related merchandise known.

Can't wait to buy the awful 02 pink hair dye complete with star sparkles.

My DigiColle figures are prepping to ship from Ami :) Been patiently waiting for those sets! Soon I can begin my photo shoots! Too bad I don't have any neat dioramas set up like in the promo shots of them.

If you could buy them separately, I would totally get those. Tokomon looks adorable in particular. Those dioramas they did are very well-done.

Digimon Link

new mobile game

looks like it has a farm! and 3 vs 3 battles

how interesting

when is that card game ever coming out globally btw bamco

Those wonderful Cyber Sleuth models. They are going to get so much mileage.

As for Digimon Heroes, I imagine since it's been released recently in Australia and New Zealand, it won't be much longer of a wait.

Is your wallet ready though?

Ha... haha... no. :( How much could a bulky 90's off-brand laptop cost anyway? (The answer: a lot)

Imagine if it was compatible with the overpriced digivices.

I-hate-u

Digimon merchandise can get outrageously expensive. I remember being appalled at the Beelzubmon's jacket price. I know they're not mass market appeal, but their asking price for these things are way too high.

Digimon merchandise can get outrageously expensive. I remember being appalled at the Beelzubmon's jacket price. I know they're not mass market appeal, but their asking price for these things are way too high.

Once they realized they could sell a virtual pet for $100, it was all over. I think the digivices before the 15th version were like $40? Not sure though.

It must be working out for them if they are asking what other products people would like to see.

image.php
just wanna say how humorous it is that a comment about tk's hair still ended up in me getting avatar quoted lol

I-hate-u

Once they realized they could sell a virtual pet for $100, it was all over. I think the digivices before the 15th version were like $40? Not sure though.

It must be working out for them if they are asking what other products people would like to see.

That's good news in a way. Means there are a lot of dedicated Digimon fans out there till this day.

just wanna say how humorous it is that a comment about tk's hair still ended up in me getting avatar quoted lol

Dose 02 hairstyles man. It was like the Goblet of Fire of Digimon.

That's good news in a way. Means there are a lot of desperate Digimon fans out there till this day.

FTFY ;P

I'm going to be broke if they decide to release more Tamers type stuff.

Juri's sock puppet for $150.

Dose 02 hairstyles man. It was like the Goblet of Fire of Digimon.

FTFY ;P

I'm going to be broke if they decide to release more Tamers type stuff.

Juri's sock puppet for $150.

Tbh if you take into account stuff like inflation, the cost of sourcing parts,digging up software,designing new packaging,find someone to manufacture everything & quality checks etc... I can see why it was priced so high, I didn't buy one though, still have my OG orange one which doesn't get played with.

Tbh if you take into account stuff like inflation, the cost of sourcing parts,digging up software,designing new packaging,find someone to manufacture everything & quality checks etc... I can see why it was priced so high, I didn't buy one though, still have my OG orange one which doesn't get played with.

I assume you're talking about the digivices, which usually don't cost that much to make. These are pieces of plastic with cheap parts in them.

For perspective the Xros Loader was $30 when it came out.

Edit: Man, my English skills took a dive there.

I assume you're talking about the digivices, which usually don't cost that much to make. These are pieces of plastic with cheap parts in them.

For perspective the Xros Loader was $30 when it came out.

Edit: Man, my English skills took a dive there.

I was comparing them to the $40 price tag you mentioned, which was in 1999~ . Products with low production number do cost more to manufacture though, they needed to have a similar translucent plastic to the originals and get it molded in the weird shape, they were making shitloads of these back then so obviously costs and i assume the price could be lower.. I also think the pricing was bs, but I think its understandable, Bandai need to make some profit as well after going through all that work. If only companies cared about the customers :D.

I was comparing them to the $40 price tag you mentioned, which was in 1999~ . Products with low production number do cost more to manufacture though, they needed to have a similar translucent plastic to the originals and get it molded in the weird shape, they were making shitloads of these back then so obviously costs and i assume the price could be lower.. I also think the pricing was bs, but I think its understandable, Bandai need to make some profit as well after going through all that work. If only companies cared about the customers :D.

The $40 price was in reference to the Xros Loader (which was actually $30 and has an MP3 player?), I don't know remember how much the original digivices were.

Accounting for everything, I could accept a $60 premium price, but $100? Eeeeh...

In any case, they are doing well with it, so they can do as they please.

Jijimon added to the Next Order website, along with a new section for Digimon. I like how easy it is to get pngs from this site. Cyber Sleuth's makes it impossible to get any.

zrp4v8N.png

Stuart444

https://www.facebook.com/OperationD...5816222823278/929724883765741/?type=3&theater

Hello, guys and gals!! Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe just sent us message...

Discover a story centric near-future JRPG with a CYBER twist! Our #Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth exclusive gameplay livestream is next Thursday at 7PM CET (10AM PDT if you live in America) on http://bnent.eu/twitch !

So there you have it, people! The stream will show about the first two hours of the game, and will be SPOILER-FREE.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I need that Gabumon! Digimon merch is finally affordable! Well, considering the secondary market value on old plush, etc. Also bookmarked that very useful blog :)

I need that Gabumon! Digimon merch is finally affordable! Well, considering the secondary market value on old plush, etc. Also bookmarked that very useful blog :)

tbt, arcade prizes are not really that expensive on the secondary market

they might be a bit rare, but most of the time people sell off the ones they don't want

So I've been rewatching all of the Digimon anime this year, which I've mentioned before.

I wound up stalling out at the start of Frontier, but I've started up again now, and I'm actually...enjoying it. I guess there was a good show there all along that I just couldn't appreciate before? Maybe my opinion will shift again later on (I'm still only at Episode 12), but I'm having a lot more fun with it than I ever did before. I regret saying it was worse than 02; it's not.

I guess coming back to it older and no longer viewing it as "this is them ruining Digimon forever" or "this is the show that killed Digimon" has helped a lot. And there's some pretty interesting direction at times, too. I hadn't remembered that.

Now I don't expect that my opinion of Young Hunters will be changing once I get there, on the other hand.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
tbt, arcade prizes are not really that expensive on the secondary market

they might be a bit rare, but most of the time people sell off the ones they don't want

Older ones certainly can keep value. I know of a few Banpresto Pokemon plush that are highly sought after, thus kept a higher value.

So I've been rewatching all of the Digimon anime this year, which I've mentioned before.

I wound up stalling out at the start of Frontier, but I've started up again now, and I'm actually...enjoying it. I guess there was a good show there all along that I just couldn't appreciate before? Maybe my opinion will shift again later on (I'm still only at Episode 12), but I'm having a lot more fun with it than I ever did before. I regret saying it was worse than 02; it's not.

I guess coming back to it older and no longer viewing it as "this is them ruining Digimon forever" or "this is the show that killed Digimon" has helped a lot. And there's some pretty interesting direction at times, too. I hadn't remembered that.

Now I don't expect that my opinion of Young Hunters will be changing once I get there, on the other hand.

Frontier falls apart towards the end, but it was a lot better than people give it credit for, it's certainly better than 02. I think following up Tamers and no Digimon partners made it DOA for a lot of fans.

If it ended stronger, I would have probably put it towards the top of my list.

Frontier falls apart towards the end, but it was a lot better than people give it credit for, it's certainly better than 02. I think following up Tamers and no Digimon partners made it DOA for a lot of fans.

If it ended stronger, I would have probably put it towards the top of my list.

Yeah, I remember it falling apart later on, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it for as long as I can.

I think it was definitely hurt by coming off of Tamers and the no partner element. It got branded as being especially kiddy (which on rewatching it, I don't think is really fair, except in that anything would seem kind of childish after the end of Tamers), and there were real concerns as it was airing that Digimon was going to be ruined by it.

It didn't help that Digimon went off the air afterwards. This created the idea that Frontier was so bad that it killed Digimon. I think it's easier to appreciate now, with the understanding that Digimon is alive and well, and wasn't really changed by Frontier's existence.

This is how I was on Frontier as well, although I never finished it way back then. Rewatched the majority of it (skipped some of the earlier episodes since I still remembered it well) and enjoyed it until the final arc, where it completely falls apart.

Stuart444

EU(selected COUNTRIES-UK,Germany,Italy ) physical release confirmed =D. Glad they had a change of heart, was not eagerly awaiting the 86 usd import price T_T.

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/10/general-tri-info-update.html

Apparently the movie will be streamed on the same day as the premiere =O.
Some re releases of the GEM figures also announced and some crane game plushies we can't get =/.

The OVA will also be downloadable on itunes the same day iirc.. Much better option than streaming assuming the price isn't bad.

edit: especially because that says PS Store and JP PS Store is usually region locked for all anime stuff.

The OVA will also be downloadable on itunes the same day iirc.. Much better option than streaming assuming the price isn't bad.

edit: especially because that says PS Store and JP PS Store is usually region locked for all anime stuff.

I don't know enough Japanese to be able to casually listen /not concentrate when watching. It just means we'll have subs faster, forgot about iTunes.

WarGreymon looks a little washed out, his yellow isn't working for me. In general, I think they are going for really bright saturated colors in this game. Reminds me of Adventure a bit.

I like that the Digimon have expressions in battle. Give me the emotions in my virtual pet!

Metalgarurumon looks washed out as well imo. Hopefully these are just early models since it doesn't come out until 2016. These seem way brighter than adventure, that wargreymons armor Is reaching for white, seems like it's just bad lighting /reflection

Stuart444

I don't know enough Japanese to be able to casually listen /not concentrate when watching. It just means we'll have subs faster, forgot about iTunes.

Indeed. Depends on who's working on it I guess. I hope Ryuu-Rogue does but we'll see. (probably won't be as fast as some would want but the quality would be good I'm sure)

Animedia preview:

CQyMhGLXAAAku9A.jpg:large

Yay, Tentomon. :3

Metalgarurumon looks washed out as well imo. Hopefully these are just early models since it doesn't come out until 2016. These seem way brighter than adventure, that wargreymons armor Is reaching for white, seems like it's just bad lighting /reflection

MetalGarurumon looks fine to me, maybe a bit bright with the lighting, but he's consistent in color. WarGreymon has that dark orange which doesn't seem like it's catching light at all, while his yellow and silver are super bright, making him look "off".

UXYdIch.jpg

mYJvCEa.jpg

I think they should use gold on WarGreymon anyway. He's always looked good in gold.

Edit: Speaking of yellow WarGreymon, an SH Figuarts Our War Game version was announced at NYCC. Not really feeling it, tbh, but that might just be the photo.
HiViGKL.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Kotaku (of all places) actually listed ALL of the Cyber Sleuth Digimon here. Wow they did something useful for once :p

A good looking bunch! It's funny though with something I noticed on the list, considering roomanji sometimes and trying to translate it. I believe my subs of Frontier call Lordknightmon "Rhodo Knightmon". It never even crossed my mind of what it was supposed to be... Roomanji is always like playing a game of Mad Gab, because when you get it, it's one big "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Also when I'm browsing the list, Moving On! starts playing in my iTunes shuffled list^^ Feels...

Kotaku (of all places) actually listed ALL of the Cyber Sleuth Digimon here. Wow they did something useful for once :p

A good looking bunch! It's funny though with something I noticed on the list, considering roomanji sometimes and trying to translate it. I believe my subs of Frontier call Lordknightmon "Rhodo Knightmon". It never even crossed my mind of what it was supposed to be... Roomanji is always like playing a game of Mad Gab, because when you get it, it's one big "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Also when I'm browsing the list, Moving On! starts playing in my iTunes shuffled list^^ Feels...

Nice! It's good to have something to refer people to if they ask who's in.

And the 'r' to 'l' always throws me off in Japanese. "Chakoreto" took me forever to figure out when I first saw it.

Well, the wiki has had a full list of everyone in it since the game came out, and with it being easier to check evolutionary paths.

But it's cool that some non-Digimon related website has something up for it.

Well, the wiki has had a full list of everyone in it since the game came out, and with it being easier to check evolutionary paths.

But it's cool that some non-Digimon related website has something up for it.

It's nice to have pictures for the non Digi-literate. The Japanese names might make it a bit confusing too.

It's nice to have pictures for the non Digi-literate. The Japanese names might make it a bit confusing too.

Yeah, although that Kotaku list is a really strange mixture of dub names and Japanese names, with some of the more interesting official romanizations (hello there "Orgemon") thrown in for good measure. It's quite odd.

Top Bottom