• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Without spoiling how is the story is it good or just barebones?
Also the difficulty how is that? Too easy or challenging? Is it fun to get all the trophies?

Stuart444

Soooooo...Male MC or Female MC?

Edit: Also what times does PSN normally update?

Female, Her expressions in game are sooooo cute <3.

Without spoiling how is the story is it good or just barebones?
Also the difficulty how is that? Too easy or challenging? Is it fun to get all the trophies?

Very good. I really loved it and I think most people who imported it did as well. It's really good. It has its fair share of twists as well so it defo isn't bare bones :) And I've said this before but if anyone here likes Digimon Savers, they will probably like the story here. There are a lot of similarities.

JP version was really easy outside the Demon Lords DLC but with the rebalanced gameplay AND hard mode, who knows for the EN version.

I guess it's fun if you like the game enough to do them? XD.

I do recommend either 1. following a guide to make sure you see Victory Uchida (who gives you medals as rewards in some chapters) if you want all the trophies in one playthrough or 2. Don't do anything (quests/Story stuff) until you see him in each chapter he appears. (I think he appears from Chapter 2 onwards?)

1 just makes it quicker by telling where he appears without needing to hunt for him lol. And this only really matters if you want all the trophies but he does give you some nice rewards besides the medals.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else ordered from amazon.de? I wonder why the hell do they send the game on Saturday when the release date is on Friday? Normally they send one day before release day.

because of this I cancelled my pre-order and ordered from spielegrotte.de...the bonus codes are in the day one edition so I should not lose anything.

Dominator

This game has no overarching story from previous games I should be aware of right? Getting it regardless but just curious.

Liethe

Interested in this game despite never being a huge digimon fan. I guess mostly because it seems like the gameplay is similar to SMT: Nocturne or Persona. Is this accurate?

Also, I wanted to ask... since there are really only a few digimon designs I like a lot, how are the mechanics with how powerful you can make your digimon? A concrete example: I like Lillymon, but she's not an "endgame" form. Would I have to evolve her to Rosemon or is it possible to keep Lillymon and make her good enough to use throughout?

Stuart444

This game has no overarching story from previous games I should be aware of right? Getting it regardless but just curious.

Nope. It's a stand alone story.

Also, I wanted to ask... since there are really only a few digimon designs I like a lot, how are the mechanics with how powerful you can make your digimon? A concrete example: I like Lillymon, but she's not an "endgame" form. Would I have to evolve her to Rosemon or is it possible to keep Lillymon and make her good enough to use throughout?

Not too sure. You might be able to up her stats enough later in the game (via the Digifarm + food items or something) but I'm not sure. Regardless, you'll need other Digimon with you anyway.

Several times you'll have to break 'firewalls' which require using skills that are only usable with a certain amount of X level Digimon or higher (ie 2 Champions or higher level, 3 Ultimates or higher, etc) and besides that, battle wise, you would do well to have one Virus type, one Vaccine type and one Data time battle ready for fights.

Vaccine for Virus, Virus for Data, Data for Vaccine.

I think 'Free' types (like Veemon) don't have weaknesses do they? (or strengths?) like the 3 types above but someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I think 'Free' types (like Veemon) don't have weaknesses do they? (or strengths?) like the 3 types above but someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Yep, Free type is completely neutral to anything.

And don't forget about elements, it is either x1.5 or x0.75 damage and it stacks with type affinity.

Liethe

Not too sure. You might be able to up her stats enough later in the game (via the Digifarm + food items or something) but I'm not sure. Regardless, you'll need other Digimon with you anyway.

Several times you'll have to break 'firewalls' which require using skills that are only usable with a certain amount of X level Digimon or higher (ie 2 Champions or higher level, 3 Ultimates or higher, etc) and besides that, battle wise, you would do well to have one Virus type, one Vaccine type and one Data time battle ready for fights.

Vaccine for Virus, Virus for Data, Data for Vaccine.

yeah, I don't think it would be a problem to find at least one of each type that I like for the main party, I just wish I could keep Lillymon without evolving her. (and still have her be useful in fights)

Stuart444

yeah, I don't think it would be a problem to find at least one of each type that I like for the main party, I just wish I could keep Lillymon without evolving her. (and still have her be useful in fights)

Well like I said, you might be able to do it but I can't say for sure.

You will need to Digivolve and De-digivolve a few times if you want her to go up to max level anyway (or if you want to get her Mega form).

Anyway, as a side note: I didn't plan it but I did end up with ShineGreymon, MirageGaogamon, Rosemon and Ravemon aka the 4 main Digimon from Savers.

Though I took them out of my party eventually at end game. My only stable throughout the whole game was my starter (which became MegaGargomon). His main attack hitting everyone helped a lot with 2 PlatSuka/Numemon for leveling other Digimon while using Mega to hit every enemy at once in the final dungeon :)

L.O.R.D

Found the EU version in some local store in my City.

QIs9Smc.jpg

His main attack hitting everyone helped a lot with 2 PlatSuka/Numemon for leveling other Digimon while using Mega to hit every enemy at once in the final dungeon :)

At one point, my 3 PlatinumSukamon were strong enough to win fights on their own, which made grinding for the Digimon I was missing way easier. :D

EDIT :

The stats gap between Ultimate and Mega is definitely there, but it is not as drastic as in, say, Pokémon. Save for the very last enemies in the game, I don't think you face max level threats that often, but then again, Hard mode wasn't available in the Japanese version, so I can't predict how well Lilymon would fare on her own. You wouldn't lose anything for trying though, you can change forms very easily in this game.

stryke

Really annoyed there's no physical copies in Australia. Yet for some reason the idiots at Bandai somehow thought it was worth it for that Rumble game.

Caayn

Found the EU version in some local store in my City.

http://i.imgur.com/QIs9Smc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Oohh nice, going to the stores in my city in the hopes that they've got a copy of it.

Anyone found it in a store in the Netherlands yet?

Delio

I was going to get the physical version today but forgot I didn't preorder and I do want Black WarGreymon. So Digital it is.

Liethe

You will need to Digivolve and De-digivolve a few times if you want her to go up to max level anyway (or if you want to get her Mega form).
Oh, I thought you could only go up to Rosemon. What is this mega form then?

The stats gap between Ultimate and Mega is definitely there, but it is not as drastic as in, say, Pokémon. Save for the very last enemies in the game, I don't think you face max level threats that often, but then again, Hard mode wasn't available in the Japanese version, so I can't predict how well Lilymon would fare on her own. You wouldn't lose anything for trying though, you can change forms very easily in this game.
This sounds good. I was indeed thinking of Pokemon when being worried for the evolution stuff.

MongKey

Oh, I thought you could only go up to Rosemon. What is this mega form then?.
Mega is one of the digimon evolution level, e.g. Rosemon is a mega level digimon. Lilymon should have a number of mega form she can digivolve to including Rosemon.

Stuart444

At one point, my 3 PlatinumSukamon were strong enough to win fights on their own, which made grinding for the Digimon I was missing way easier. :D

Same but near the end of the game, I looked up what their evolutions were and saw PlatNumemon was their Mega and they had the same ability. The PlatSuka weren't as strong near the end so I had to take the opportunity to evolve them (one at a time of course so the other 2 could help the 3rd one level up XD)

Oh, I thought you could only go up to Rosemon. What is this mega form then?

Rosemon is her 'official' mega I guess (if you're going by anime/Digimon Adventure standards) but each Digimon can digivolve into a number of Digimon. ie Agumon can become both Greymon and GeoGreymon among others.

It really starts branching out with in-training Digimon becoming a number of rookies and each rookies become a number of champions and so on.

De-Digivolving ups a certain stat (not sure what it is in english) that allows 1. a higher max level and most importantly 2: higher digivolutions (Most Megas require the stat to be a certain number and the only way to raise it really is to de-digivolve them and then Digivolve them again)

It will all become clear when you play it but stuff like this is why I recommend PlatSukamon early on. Makes grinding easier.

I'll state again how to get them:

Pabumon -> Motimon -> Hagurumon -> PlatSukamon (EXP Bonus ability when you finish a battle with them on the front line, stacks with EXP USB equip items + other PlatSukamon)

And like I said above, later on, you can evolve them (one at a time) to Etemon and then to PlatNumemon which has the same ability that PlatSukamon has.

It helps a lot with grinding. Grinding becomes pretty effortless (and even if you like Grinding, I recommend having them in your Digifarm/Digi-storage just incase you feel you need the extra EXP) with them in your party.

De-Digivolving ups a certain stat (not sure what it is in english) that allows 1. a higher max level and most importantly 2: higher digivolutions (Most Megas require the stat to be a certain number and the only way to raise it really is to de-digivolve them and then Digivolve them again)

It roughly translated as "Potential", I don't know how it is called in the English version.

(And damn, didn't know about PlatinumNumemon, woops.)

Stuart444

It roughly translated as "Potential", I don't know how it is called in the English version.

(And damn, didn't know about PlatinumNumemon, woops.)

Yeah, I didn't want to mention it so as not to confuse people who have the English version now incase the stat is called something different in English XD.

And for what it's worth, I only found out in the very last dungeon.
On the floor before the roof.
When I was leveling up and preparing for the final boss.

Delio

Same but near the end of the game, I looked up what their evolutions were and saw PlatNumemon was their Mega and they had the same ability. The PlatSuka weren't as strong near the end so I had to take the opportunity to evolve them (one at a time of course so the other 2 could help the 3rd one level up XD)

I'll state again how to get them:

Pabumon -> Motimon -> Hagurumon -> PlatSukamon (EXP Bonus ability when you finish a battle with them on the front line, stacks with EXP USB equip items + other PlatSukamon)

All this time I was thinking PlatSukamon was a Ultimate lol. I'm debating now just digivolving Hagurumon to PlatSukamon from the beginning just to have one with me early on.

Stuart444

All this time I was thinking PlatSukamon was a Ultimate lol. I'm debating now just digivolving Hagurumon to PlatSukamon from the beginning just to have one with me early on.

That isn't much of an issue regardless.

You can easily get other Digimon not long after the game starts. And if you don't want to Digivolve your starter into PlatSukamon, Motimon/Pabumon are easily got near the beginning iirc.

There is enough choice that you can't really make a wrong one imo.

Why are PlatinumSukamon and PlaitnumNumemon good choices? Do they give EXP bonus?

Read what I said above in brackets.

They both have a special ability that ups EXP gained when they are in the front lines at the end of the fight.

They stack with other Plats

They Stack with EXP USBs (which you don't get til later unless you get lucky on the Digifarm item hunting)

They are awesome for grinding!

Ken

Can you get a Platinum digimon even if you don't pick Hagurumon? I picked Terriermon.

Oh I googled Pabumon and I saw a few of those I think. Idk how I feel about having a metal poo on my team though.

Stuart444

Can you get a Platinum digimon even if you don't pick Hagurumon? I picked Terriermon.

Oh I googled Pabumon and I saw a few of those I think. Idk how I feel about having a metal poo on my team though.

Even if you don't like the idea, just get them and put them aside/bench them until you need them. And if you like raising lots of Digimon you will need them*. And if you want some of the Digimon you can't get until later...

You will need them*

*this assumes you don't like/will get tired of grinding.

Stuart444

Just PlatSuka and PlatNume.

There is a GoldNumemon which ups money gained but I never needed it even for the yen trophy.

Bladenic

Female, Her expressions in game are sooooo cute <3.

Very good. I really loved it and I think most people who imported it did as well. It's really good. It has its fair share of twists as well so it defo isn't bare bones :) And I've said this before but if anyone here likes Digimon Savers, they will probably like the story here. There are a lot of similarities.

JP version was really easy outside the Demon Lords DLC but with the rebalanced gameplay AND hard mode, who knows for the EN version.

I guess it's fun if you like the game enough to do them? XD.

I do recommend either 1. following a guide to make sure you see Victory Uchida (who gives you medals as rewards in some chapters) if you want all the trophies in one playthrough or 2. Don't do anything (quests/Story stuff) until you see him in each chapter he appears. (I think he appears from Chapter 2 onwards?)

1 just makes it quicker by telling where he appears without needing to hunt for him lol. And this only really matters if you want all the trophies but he does give you some nice rewards besides the medals.

Are there any good guides, especially a trophy guide?

ALSO today is the day!!!! Someone better post a PSA in this thread when it goes up for download.

Stuart444

Are there any good guides, especially a trophy guide?

ALSO today is the day!!!! Someone better post a PSA in this thread when it goes up for download.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-story-cyber-sleuth-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

This will work with the English version. Some items or other terms may be changed but the process is still the same. Should be easy to figure out any differences.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778

That guide is a good general walkthrough if you need it as well.

Really annoyed there's no physical copies in Australia. Yet for some reason the idiots at Bandai somehow thought it was worth it for that Rumble game.

I will share in your pain, as we wait for the arrival..

Also I never even saw All-stars rumble in stores where I am :\

Ugh, just ordered with a gift card. Since no one had any thought on random encounters I took a chance considering how great everything else looks. Plus if it's like SMT then I'm all in.

ZeroX03

Banned
Have credit on my PSN waiting for both the PS4 and Vita versions, even though I only really intend to play the former. You can thank me when Next Order is announced Digimon fans.
No love for physical fans.

Top Bottom