• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Andrefpvs

Wait so they rebalanced the games difficulty for Englishversion?

Yeah, I'd like to know the extent of this as well. I was planning on starting on Hard since I'd heard Normal was too easy. But if things were rebalanced, I might want to rethink this.

MongKey

Yeah, I'd like to know the extent of this as well. I was planning on starting on Hard since I'd heard Normal was too easy. But if things were rebalanced, I might want to rethink this.
From earlier in the thread.
Interesting, apparently the guy reduced the difficulty to Normal because he was getting wrecked on Hard. This pleases me.
---
So is there an easy mode? Is it even easier? If so I'm happy!
The only confirmed difficulty settings right now are Normal and Hard.

PS Store needs to update faster X_X

Risette

A Good Citizen
what are the chances that BN sells the preorder dlc? I can't afford the game rn and I don't really want to miss out on monsters in a monster collecting game...

MongKey

what are the chances that BN sells the preorder dlc? I can't afford the game rn and I don't really want to miss out on monsters in a monster collecting game...
If you are buying digital then the free DLC offer last until the end of February for both PS4 and Vita.

Don't know if they will sell it separately but I think they might since they have history of selling the free day 1 DLC in other games down the road. Need clarification though.

MongKey

but.. how about the normal difficulty? is that one too easy?
A review linked earlier in the thread.
http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/01/a-cover-to-cover-review-of-digimon.html

Here's a comprehensive and excellent review of Cyber Sleuth if anyone wants to read it.
In that review, the author had a very easy time on normal. He didn't comment about hard mode difficulty thought so right now people are in the dark about the newly balanced difficulty.

Since that's just 1 reviewer experience, YMMV though depending on user's own experience and such. Let's hope that difficulty are changeable mid game just like in the Tales of games.
You can change the difficulty.
Great, thanks.

Akzel

Does PSN pre-order bonus code from US are compatible in Canada? I ask because I tried my promo code several times and I always get an error saying it's expired or incorrectly entered.

ZeroX03

Banned
Since that's just 1 reviewer experience, YMMV though depending on user's own experience and such. Let's hope that difficulty are changeable mid game just like in the Tales of games.

You can change the difficulty.

Does PSN pre-order bonus code from US are compatible in Canada? I ask because I tried my promo code several times and I always get an error saying it's expired or incorrectly entered.

It should work, as PSN hasn't updated with Cyber Sleuth yet maybe you can't redeem it until then? Otherwise just make a US account and install it that way, it'll still work on your Canadian account.

Stuart444

By the way, I didn't see any mention of the Demon Lords DLC anywhere, is that still in? I liked the fights.

Don't know but I assume so. At the very least, I saw the purple requests in one of the streams but that may have been because it was a development build.

Terriermon got robbed

81xfRFzDpFL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't know but I assume so. At the very least, I saw the purple requests in one of the streams but that may have been because it was a development build.

Got it. Either it is already included (which I doubt, since they would have went and said it), or it is planned for later. I don't see any reason not to put them in.

Dineren

Banned
I ordered this knowing absolutely nothing about Digimon or this game solely because I came across an entry for it on tvtropes under
cosmic horror
. I am prepared for disappointment.

Justified

Guess I'll start without it.

I'm streaming the game if anyone is still unsure of whether or not they want to buy or if you're bored waiting for your copy.

http://www.twitch.tv/kinsei1

Yea its an extremely niche title, that was only localized based on the fan feedback. Im not surprised at the lack of effort being put into it.

Hopefully it becomes a sleeper hit, similar to Demon Souls

Justified

So did Namco just not send out review copies for a 50 hour RPG? Did they just not want publicity? So weird.

Seems so I think they assume only those who sign the petitions would buy, "so why do anything extra"

I want more Digimon, so Im hoping our grassroot effort generates more sales

Robso

Very much considering buying this on release, which I don't usually do. I didn't realise that there had been a petition to bring it over here and the game needs the support.

BiggNife

Seems so I think they assume only those who sign the petitions would buy, "so why do anything extra"

I want more Digimon, so Im hoping our grassroot effort generates more sales

This game has broader appeal than just Digimon fans, though. It's a Persona-like being released at a time where Persona fans are starved for new stuff. It makes a lot of sense to promote it to attract that audience but Namco gonna Namco I guess.

SGRemy

What are the chances they put up the pre order bonuses for sale on psn? Like an idiot I didn't pre-order....

Justified

This game has broader appeal than just Digimon fans, though. It's a Persona-like being released at a time where Persona fans are starved for new stuff. It makes a lot of sense to promote it to attract that audience but Namco gonna Namco I guess.

Oh yea for sure, I make sure to mention that everytime someone ask about it.

Pbae

Guys, I really want a physical copy of this game for OCD reasons.

Is the translated version for the asian market the same as the one we're getting from PSN or is going to be like Engrish?

ViciousDS

Banned

do I have to deal with class and Waifus everyday over a set period of time? XD

Megauap

Anyone knows where to buy the UK physical edition which includes the Day One DLCs and it's cheap? I saw it costs 44€ in Zavvi but it doesn't say if it includes the DLCs.

I think they didn't even ship review copies, hopefully reviews come out in the coming days

Wow, that would be terrible if true. The game is barely marketed as it is. We already know it's generally considered a good game so BAMCO doesn't really have anything to gain from hiding it from reviewers.

Onaco

My roommate and girlfriend want to pick this up. I never cared for Digimon, but I'll be supplying them with my Best Buy GCU tonight.

Sealtest

So does anyone know if we did get the demon lord missions? I know we got Dianamon but i'm really hoping we also got the missions as well.

Top Bottom