• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

RexNovis

Banned
So how's everyone finding the game a few weeks down the line?

I can finally pick this up, but I'm hovering over the button, now the hype has calmed down.

Well I am still playing it despite my save listing me at 132 hours played. So yea I'd say I'm pretty satisfied ;)

If you like turn based battle JRPGs you need to buy it. As simple as that.

Logash

Well I am still playing it despite my save listing me at 132 hours played. So yea I'd say I'm pretty satisfied ;)

If you like turn based battle JRPGs you need to buy it. As simple as that.

This. I am 85 hours in and I'm still in love with it.

Yeah I'm 50 hours in and I thought I would like it because I love Digimon and RPGs but it's so far exceeded all my expectations barring some of the localization.

Well, beat the game.

And I'll be honest.

I liked this game a whole hell of a lot. It's probably be a lone opinion but I liked it more than Trails of Cold Steel. Even with my issues with the game, which were not particularly small, it just hit exactly what I wanted for the longest time; a Pokemon-esque game that had a mature plot and characters. I grew up and Digimon grew up with me. Pokemon did not. I actually really liked the plot, the solving cases and whatnot and a lot of the characters. The combat was nothing amazing but it was fun enough that I really enjoyed trying to get new evolutions and see what new Digimon I could get and how they fared in combat and whatnot.

For whatever reason it just clicked with me and scratched that itch that I've had for so long.

I'd give the game an 8/10, though considering Rina is in the game and isn't the main character I have to knock off a couple points so the final score is a solid 1/10.

Logash

Yeah I'm 50 hours in and I thought I would like it because I love Digimon and RPGs but it's so far exceeded all my expectations barring some of the localization.

This is pretty much what I did. I bought it because it was turned based and Digimon and I really liked the Digimon World games when I was a kid. The game ended up being far beyond my expectations. 9/10

deadfolk

Screw it, I'm in.

I think I just needed a little last-minute push. Cheers!

Edit:...and bought.

Now I just need to finish up Steins;Gate before I can play!

Does the attack kill your Digimons? If it doesn't then it shouldn't be too hard to deal with its damage with a good healer and SPD buffer/breaker. Stack two sleep resist equips on your Digimons (if you don't have the DX version) and it should make them immune to sleep.

If the damage becomes too high then you can use INT breaker moves on the boss to soften its attacks. Have your buffer/breaker just use it's support skill throughout the battle to stack them and keep them up. The healer should just heal and guard while using buff skills or items on Wargreymon; either SPD up to decrease his recovery turns or ATK up to increase his damage. Doing this will whittle the boss to death.

If you're still having trouble then you could defend on turns that the boss uses its
Mastermind Port
since it usually buff itself before using it if I'm not mistaken. So use that as a tell.

As a general tip for hard, stat breaker skills are really good since they reduce so much of the opponent's OP stats. It's better to break their stats rather than buff your own party, though if you can do both then it will be even better. Made that discovery myself when fighting a boss in Chapter
; winning by essentially breaking the boss' ATK and SPD.

As for your other question, yes, the story does starts to pick up then.

Awesome advice! Cheers! Will give it a try. Any Digimon with great SPD Breaker/INT Breaker moves?

Only about 24 hours in and at ch 7. Really loving the game, the digivolving has consumed me completely. I have managed to get almost all the lover level rookie/adult and almost have some to ultimate. I have no idea who I should be shooting for.

Quonny

Picked this up from GameFly and played a few hours. I was actually liking it a lot, but I'm playing through Cold Steel right now and I can't juggle two beefy RPGs. The story was interesting but the translation seemed pretty poor.

Probably get back to it when the games die down a bit.

I am picking this up as soon as I can rationalize it! It looks so damn good. I'm a huge Digimon fan and really love Persona games.

Also, this sounds weird:

Agumon Taichi and CS Protagonist costumes (PLEASE NOTE: Once you digivolve a costumed Agumon, you can never get it back. They make up for this by having the max level cap and an extra skill.)

I mean, who cares, but it is weird.

Well, beat the game.

And I'll be honest.

I liked this game a whole hell of a lot. It's probably be a lone opinion but I liked it more than Trails of Cold Steel. Even with my issues with the game, which were not particularly small, it just hit exactly what I wanted for the longest time; a Pokemon-esque game that had a mature plot and characters. I grew up and Digimon grew up with me. Pokemon did not. I actually really liked the plot, the solving cases and whatnot and a lot of the characters. The combat was nothing amazing but it was fun enough that I really enjoyed trying to get new evolutions and see what new Digimon I could get and how they fared in combat and whatnot.

For whatever reason it just clicked with me and scratched that itch that I've had for so long.

I'd give the game an 8/10, though considering Rina is in the game and isn't the main character I have to knock off a couple points so the final score is a solid 1/10.
I completely agree, next Digimon game should be about Rina and Masaru beating up all the Digimon they come across!
https://youtu.be/rcnREe-J6eE
It can be a beat-em up or a Dynasty Warriors game.

Andrefpvs

May someone with the European PS4 game tell me if I'm missing any DLC:

CDHIGK0l.jpg

Is this all? Thanks :)

Drop

How the FUCK do you beat (chapter 15)
Dynasmon
!? Dude friggin one-shots me and it's bullshit!

Playing on hard by the way.

It's kind of a glass cannon, I was struggling staying alive when I noticed
Magnamon was dealing decent damage to it, which is not common for a guest digimon
, so I passed on the offensive and a black tornado from my BlackWarGreymon hit it for around half of its hp.

So yeah, be offensive and try to take it down with virus type digimon before it takes you down.

May someone with the European PS4 game tell me if I'm missing any DLC:

CDHIGK0l.jpg

Is this all? Thanks :)

It's all of them, you're good ;)

I'm at about 80 hours total.

My save is at 65 hours or so.

I started a new game for the quiz trophy because my shit got bugged once I beat the game in regards to the digimon not responding for the quiz questions.

So I get home and literally just turn my PS4 on waiting for questions lol

Its the last trophy I need for the plat.

What's weird about it? How it's worded? The fact that cosplay Agumon exist?
I'm not sure what you mean, haha.

I haven't played the game yet, but my understanding of Digivolution is that you go back and forth. So if you lost your costume by Digivolving the first time it doesn't seem inherently valuable. (though the stat max is considerably more useful.)

I haven't played the game yet, but my understanding of Digivolution is that you go back and forth. So if you lost your costume by Digivolving the first time it doesn't seem inherently valuable. (though the stat max is considerably more useful.)
Oh yeah, they're pretty much useless except for maybe the beginning of the game.
I just boxed them instantly, haha.

I'm at about 80 hours total.

My save is at 65 hours or so.

I started a new game for the quiz trophy because my shit got bugged once I beat the game in regards to the digimon not responding for the quiz questions.

So I get home and literally just turn my PS4 on waiting for questions lol

Its the last trophy I need for the plat.

I am so afraid of this happening to me. I am on chapter 15 and haven't got the trophy yet.

Oh yeah, they're pretty much useless except for maybe the beginning of the game.
I just boxed them instantly, haha.

Can you get multiples of the same 'mon? Pokemon games make sense because you catch and collect, but how do you congregate you Digidudes?

If I can have multi's I'd toss Tai Agumon in the box like a sealed limited edition poseable action figurine.

I am so afraid of this happening to me. I am on chapter 15 and haven't got the trophy yet.

If I were you, I would just wait around for questions until it pops.. You should be fairly close to getting the trophy. It supposedly bugs after some part with UlforceVeedramon prior to completing the game. I forgot which one.

If I were you, I would just wait around for questions until it pops.. You should be fairly close to getting the trophy. It supposedly bugs after some part with UlforceVeedramon prior to completing the game. I forgot which one.

Probably I am close to this. I will leave a save here just in case, and if this happens I will just load the save and wait for the questions.

Anyone has any idea of how these questions triggers?

Probably I am close to this. I will leave a save here just in case, and if this happens I will just load the save and wait for the questions.

Good idea.

Questions are random. They can come whenever.

I just got the game and started off with Hard difficulty. It's tearing me a new one. Any tips?

What Chapter are you in? Hagurumon gives you a quest in Chapter 4 that is really good for grinding and leveling your digimon

Drop

I'm not sure, I've been getting plenty of them since the beginning of the game, I guess keeping your farms full all the time could help.

I just got the game and started off with Hard difficulty. It's tearing me a new one. Any tips?

Did you immediately switch to hard? I'd say wait to get a party of at least three digimon before doing so.

MongKey

Awesome advice! Cheers! Will give it a try. Any Digimon with great SPD Breaker/INT Breaker moves?
I messed up :p Those moves are actually called attack, mental and speed break respectively. Since most story boss fights are one-on-one, the single target moves are better cause they used very little SP. Here's a quick and easy way to get all three on a pretty speedy Digimon.

Wormmon (speed) -> IceDevimon -> DemiDevimon (attack) -> Devimon -> Lopmon (mental) -> BlackGatomon -> LadyDevimon or WereGarurumon(Blk)

Going through this will net you all three break moves while ending up on a speedy Ultimate. Which Ultimate to be is your choice but those two are the fastest ones that BlackGatomon can digivolve into though I reccomend LadyDevimon since she has higher magical defense. If you don't mind grinding then you can also evolve to a Mega of your choice. This is just one way to do it so if you want a different digimon to get the moves then you can mix it up while keeping in mind the required Digimons.

A word of caution for this method since you need to de-digivolve from champion to rookie twice (DemiDevi and Lopmon), you need to discover said rookie before you can de-digivolve into it. Though by then you should have met them at least once to open up the de-digivolution.

Just started and I'm on chapter 1. I started immediately with hard.
Play on normal early on. Once you are able to get a full party of three Digimons then it become fairer on hard. Right now you are getting outnumbered since you only have one Digimon in your party.

Hmm neat, so after fighting Lucemon, you get digivolve quite easily from Angemon to Lucemon (you still have to raise your ABI though if you want the other forms of Lucemon).

EDIT: Does anyone know how to erase the CSK points you get from training/consuming fruits?

Wazzy

Banned
I beat all of the Demon Lords and the final DLC boss that comes with those quests. They were actually pretty tricky fights but glad they're over.

All I need is 200 medals and I can Platinum this game!

MongKey

Hmm neat, so after fighting Lucemon, you get digivolve quite easily from Angemon to Lucemon (you still have to raise your ABI though if you want the other forms of Lucemon).

EDIT: Does anyone know how to erase the CSK points you get from training/consuming fruits?
CSK points? You mean the bonus points? If its the bonus points then you can use stat restraint chips to reduce them. They are sold at the shop in EDEN entrance.

Wazzy

Banned
Hmm is there any guide that shows which 30 medals is in each gatcha? I can only find guides showing where each medal is and that means I have to search through the whole list which is fine once I'm done the gatcha machines.

If there isn't I'll record all 30 medals in each machine so if anyone needs to know I can look it up quickly.

Rob2K19

This might have already been answered already, but does anything happen with Mirei when you beat the 29 blacklist hackers? I've put so much hours into it, I feel like I beat 29 already. Unfortunately, if I had known what I knew now, I would have counted it. I've been getting 3star Legendary hackers. Also, I beat the game, DLC, plus used 10 searchers to investigate every time. It's getting pretty tiring restarting my game.

duckroll

Texture Field is "awesome". By awesome I mean, I love the sprite status effect visually, but I hate everything else about it and it makes me want to crawl into a hole and die. Lol.

Texture Field is "awesome". By awesome I mean, I love the sprite status effect visually, but I hate everything else about it and it makes me want to crawl into a hole and die. Lol.

When I saw the effect at first, I thought it was so cool. Wasn't expecting it.

Still is cool, but its a huge annoyance (Chapter 14 *shakes fist*)

Top Bottom