• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Left my ps4 on by accident overnight and Hawkmon spammed me with 15 messages...no more leaving random digimon in my spare farm.

Have you tried what I said in my previous post?

Edit: just saw the edit, really weird, I'll try looking into it more.

Appreciate it, going to try it again one more time and see what happens.

Edit: lmao checked after 5 min and now the 1 stat went to defense. bruhhhh lucemon is doing everything to avoid digivolving, I'm convinced.
4 treadmills running too.

Does anyone find it frustrating that when you use ImperialDramon PM, you don't deal nearly as much damage as when he Omni Sword'd you for GG? Also, some of the Demon Lords are disgusting damage sponges.

evilalien

Left my ps4 on by accident overnight and Hawkmon spammed me with 15 messages...no more leaving random digimon in my spare farm.

Appreciate it, going to try it again one more time and see what happens.

Edit: lmao checked after 5 min and now the 1 stat went to defense. bruhhhh lucemon is doing everything to avoid digivolving, I'm convinced.
4 treadmills running too.

Stop using builder personality, it doesn't work how you think it does.

Edit - I see that you don't have any nimble patches available. I guess you have no other option other than hoping for the best outcome with builder if you can't wait a few chapters until you have nimble patches available, but it will be painful. Farm goods don't have any effect on what stat gets raised when you only have one stat point left to allocate.

If you have fighter patches available, you can drop some bonus attack and then train with a nimble leader until you get to 20 and then train solo to get attack back up.

Ultimadrago

Does anyone find it frustrating that when you use ImperialDramon PM, you don't deal nearly as much damage as when he Omni Sword'd you for GG? Also, some of the Demon Lords are disgusting damage sponges.

Yeah, I reverted him back to Rider Mode.

As far as Demon Lords went, I had the toughest time with Lilithmon due to their
status spam
. She's not quite as big a sponge as most of the others, but active monster management was heightened for me.

I finished all the new DLC on my first try thanks to Jesmon. When all my digimon were killed and all hope was lost Jesmon stood tall taking all of Belphemon and Lucemon attacks giving me chance to revive my other digimon and win the battle. If there isn't one already there should be a Jesmon figure, he deserves it!... also Lilithmon :).

Ultimadrago

I finished all the new DLC on my first try thanks to Jesmon. When all my digimon were killed and all hope was lost Jesmon stood tall taking all of Belphemon and Lucemon attacks giving me chance to revive my other digimon and win the battle. If there isn't one already there should be a Jesmon figure, he deserves it!... also Lilithmon :).

How did you build your Jesmon? I was hoping for them to be a part of my crew, but after maxing his ATK with moves likes Safety Guard, he just didn't work out with little ATK power from Signature and average defenses for Support.

How did you build your Jesmon? I was hoping for them to be a part of my crew, but after maxing his ATK with moves likes Safety Guard, he just didn't work out with little ATK power from Signature and average defenses for Support.
I don't go so deep into the game to do builds, the only thing I added to him was character reversal and revive. What actually saved me was his second unique move (don't remember the name right now, starst with W) since he receives 0 damage from any attack he receives and character reversal so he doesn't die from 1 hit. So the trick is to use his his special ability when you know the enemy will kill all your Digimon (when you see that the enemy gets like 4 moves before you do another) and revive the two digimon that have died with an item or a skill, or if you have some alive and some dead use a digimon before Jesmon to just leave Jesmon and two dead digimon on the field and after the boss does all of his crazy attacks revive the two dead digimon.

At least that's how I used him.

Stop using builder personality, it doesn't work how you think it does.

Edit - I see that you don't have any nimble patches available. I guess you have no other option other than hoping for the best outcome with builder if you can't wait a few chapters until you have nimble patches available, but it will be painful. Farm goods don't have any effect on what stat gets raised when you only have one stat point left to allocate.

If you have fighter patches available, you can drop some bonus attack and then train with a nimble leader until you get to 20 and then train solo to get attack back up.

Yeah I though about using that alternative since I have fighter patches but at this point I'll just continue through the story and enjoy what lies ahead. Thanks though.

Ultimadrago

I don't go so deep into the game to do builds, the only thing I added to him was character reversal and revive. What actually saved me was his second unique move (don't remember the name right now, starst with W) since he receives 0 damage from any attack he receives and character reversal so he doesn't die from 1 hit. So the trick is to use his his special ability when you know the enemy will kill all your Digimon (when you see that the enemy gets like 4 moves before you do another) and revive the two digimon that have died with an item or a skill, or if you have some alive and some dead use a digimon before Jesmon to just leave Jesmon and two dead digimon on the field and after the boss does all of his crazy attacks revive the two dead digimon.

At least that's how I used him.

Good stuff. Thanks!

Voror

Anyone know what the fastest way to build up CAM is? The farm seems like it could be relible but they dont always take the food and then you have to wait while fighting just takes a long time if you're shooting for 100%.

Anyone know what the fastest way to build up CAM is? The farm seems like it could be relible but they dont always take the food and then you have to wait while fighting just takes a long time if you're shooting for 100%.

Later on in the game, you get Friendship and Friendship DX, as well as Best and Exciting meats. They are very reliable ways of increasing CAM.

Everything was going fine until he showed up. His second form just immediately wrecks me before I can do anything.

What I did was buy as much status healers and HP/SP items as possible, and then took it one step at a time. Eventually, I was able to beat second form.

Voror

Later on in the game, you get Friendship and Friendship DX, as well as Best and Exciting meats. They are very reliable ways of increasing CAM.

Ah that's good to know. I have noticed the meats available in the digilab but they are a tad expensive. I suppose I'll just hold off for the moment on a few of these until those are readily available.

Ultimadrago

What I did was buy as much status healers and HP/SP items as possible, and then took it one step at a time. Eventually, I was able to beat second form.

Bring a good Vaccine or two is what I suggest. One of mine was able to tank all of the third's spaz attacks in a row when he decides to go all-out in the end.

duckroll

Where can I buy revival items? I accidentally fucked up in some battles along the way and used more than I would have liked. Would like to restock for peace of mind.

duckroll

Where? I tried the woman near the entrance. She has healing capsules but no revival items.

Also, maybe now would be a good time to ask. Any quick and dirty advice for Digifarm optimization for someone who doesn't want to spend a ton of time on it? I have 2 islands now, I think I can expand to a third one too. The first island is rank 3 or something, the second one is rank 2. I don't really know what to do with them. All I've done so far is throw 10 spare Digimon on each one, and leave them there while going back and changing the Command each time it expires. I mostly do 1000yen Develop or Training. When Digimon hit max level I just evolve them. Sometimes if I need extra stat boosts for an evolution I throw the Digimon onto an island and throw the feed it needs for the stat boost. Is that about it? What more can I do without it being a ton of effort in simulation?

cheesekao

Where? I tried the woman near the entrance. She has healing capsules but no revival items.

Also, maybe now would be a good time to ask. Any quick and dirty advice for Digifarm optimization for someone who doesn't want to spend a ton of time on it? I have 2 islands now, I think I can expand to a third one too. The first island is rank 3 or something, the second one is rank 2. I don't really know what to do with them. All I've done so far is throw 10 spare Digimon on each one, and leave them there while going back and changing the Command each time it expires. I mostly do 1000yen Develop or Training. When Digimon hit max level I just evolve them. Sometimes if I need extra stat boosts for an evolution I throw the Digimon onto an island and throw the feed it needs for the stat boost. Is that about it? What more can I do without it being a ton of effort in simulation?
My advice is to not bother with stat training in the farm until you unlock all of the personality patches(Chp 13 I think).

Bascially if you want to build up a stat, buy one of the stat enhancing goods from the shop in the digilab if you have the dosh, put it in a farm, put a digimon with the correct personality, start training. Note: Do not use anything but the basic training if your digimon has 0% cam since nothing will happen.

Voror

This game got me thinking: Did Our War Game ever recieve any kind of release in the US on its own and not part of the Digimon Movie? Wouldn't mind watching it again after playing this.

IIRC, revivals are bought from that woman in Akihabara.

Leomon's entire job is to die in a tragic manner.
True.
And I just realized: The main baddies in season 1 were all defeated by angelic digimon. Devimon by Angemon, Myotismon by Angewomon, and Piedmon by MagnaAngemon(sorta).
Oh, and MagnaAngemon was shown off in the intro before he even appeared in the show lol.

Bishop89

some of the A.I Online matchups are so easy.

I just got into a match against an agumon and gabumon lol..

If i keep getting these types of matches the 20 online win trophy will be a piece of cake.

Edit: Nevermind, they insta-killed me o_O

Edit 2: Found another game straight after, against 3 megas and took them out with ease! -.-

SMK

My advice is to not bother with stat training in the farm until you unlock all of the personality patches(Chp 13 I think).

Bascially if you want to build up a stat, buy one of the stat enhancing goods from the shop in the digilab if you have the dosh, put it in a farm, put a digimon with the correct personality, start training. Note: Do not use anything but the basic training if your digimon has 0% cam since nothing will happen.

You definitely get stat ups at 0% so it might actually be optimal to do so.

Does anyone know what the best way is to get a belphemon? I need 2 to cheese my way through the Master Cup since i can't beat it with my other digimon :(

MongKey

Does anyone know what the best way is to get a belphemon? I need 2 to cheese my way through the Master Cup since i can't beat it with my other digimon :(
Just made one yesterday. Here's how I did it:

Kuramon -> Pagumon -> Impmon -> BlackGatomon -> Cyberdramon -> Justimon -> Cyberdramon -> BlackGatomon -> Impmon -> Ogremon -> Digitamamon -> BelphemonSM

Doing this will get you enough ABI (80) when you reach Digitamamon plus gaining Acceleration Boost and other skills when going through the Justimon line.

Farm training is required to evolved a Digitamamon into BelphemonSM since you need +7 on SP and +20 on INT to evolve a Lv 99 Digitamamon.

It seems long but it's worth it since gaining Acceleration Boost is essential in my opinion and it beats just going back and forth to gain ABI. Though if you doesn't care about the extra skills from Justimon line then you can just go straight to Belphemon like so:

Kuramon -> Pagumon -> Impmon -> Ogremon -> Digitamamon -> BelphemonSM

Oh, you don't have have to start at Kuramon since you can start from whichever you want from the line based on what Digimon you have. Hope this help.

Eater
Eve
is bullshit! But, I refuse to turn the difficulty down to normal.

Any tips? WarGreymon is putting in work that dat dere Great Tornado, but
Mastermind Port
is OP as fuckkkkkkk.

Also, out of interest, things have been quite slow so far, but I sense the story is gathering quite a lot of pace now I'm in Chapter 11. Do things pick up now?

MongKey

Eater
Eve
is bullshit! But, I refuse to turn the difficulty down to normal.

Any tips? WarGreymon is putting in work that dat dere Great Tornado, but
Mastermind Port
is OP as fuckkkkkkk.

Also, out of interest, things have been quite slow so far, but I sense the story is gathering quite a lot of pace now I'm in Chapter 11. Do things pick up now?
Does the attack kill your Digimons? If it doesn't then it shouldn't be too hard to deal with its damage with a good healer and SPD buffer/breaker. Stack two sleep resist equips on your Digimons (if you don't have the DX version) and it should make them immune to sleep.

If the damage becomes too high then you can use INT breaker moves on the boss to soften its attacks. Have your buffer/breaker just use it's support skill throughout the battle to stack them and keep them up. The healer should just heal and guard while using buff skills or items on Wargreymon; either SPD up to decrease his recovery turns or ATK up to increase his damage. Doing this will whittle the boss to death.

If you're still having trouble then you could defend on turns that the boss uses its
Mastermind Port
since it usually buff itself before using it if I'm not mistaken. So use that as a tell.

As a general tip for hard, stat breaker skills are really good since they reduce so much of the opponent's OP stats. It's better to break their stats rather than buff your own party, though if you can do both then it will be even better. Made that discovery myself when fighting a boss in Chapter
; winning by essentially breaking the boss' ATK and SPD.

As for your other question, yes, the story does starts to pick up then.

Uthred

couple things.

1. How much can these people eat, jesus.

2. I really don't like Nokia. Incredibly annoying and unlikeable character.

I found here a little annoying at first but changed my mind as the story progressed, she's one of the better put together characters in the game.

I'm not gonna change your mind but imo, 'shoddy' is in the negative end of the spectrum while I think this game is somewhere in the middle.

I agree, I think shoddy is an over-statement. I'd describe it as adequate, average or workmanlike, the vast majority of the text is fine. The worse offender (the Digiline) makes up such a tiny part of the game (both in terms of importance and wordcount) that its easy to overlook and pretending it meaningfully impacts ones enjoyment of the game is really blowing things out of proportion. I'd certainly prefer a better localisation (no interest in a dub so quite happy with subs) and people absolutely should point out the problems with it, but exaggerating those problems (or equally likely simply having a differing opinion of whats acceptable) hardly helps.

I am currently on chapter 15. Enjoying the story very much!

Does this game have a point of no return? Or after I finish the story can I play normally?

deadfolk

So how's everyone finding the game a few weeks down the line?

I can finally pick this up, but I'm hovering over the button, now the hype has calmed down.

Top Bottom