• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

So, to start on Hard is suggested then?

Once I had more than one Digimon in my team hard mode stopped being too stressful. Just don't be scared to use healing items at the start as you get loads and save after every fight. After you have a full team fights feel a lot less risky.

Only been one boss that has given me trouble so far but I just had to swap my team around. Can't imagine how easy normal mode must be.

You could start on normal to get through the initial hurdle if it gives you too much trouble as you can switch difficulty whenever.

Awesome! Thanks! Are there any other boosts and stuff like this with other digimon? is there somewhere i can look at these abilities?

PrinceMamemon doubles the gold you get from battles (I'm guessing it's a +100% too, I didn't need that much money so I didn't farm for three of them). Other than that, nope.

EDIT : Ah, yes, all the Numemon, except for Platinum, boost the item drop rate.

Wondering this as well. Is it possible to permanently screw up a digimon?

You cannot permanently screw up a digimon. Later in the game, you can buy stats reducers for the unwanted stat boosts, and you can still Evolve and De-Evolve them as will. The most ABI you have, the more the stat can go up, so don't hesistate to keep doing it until you hit the cap.

Ricitor

I'm still sitting here in disillusioned hope that it may just by dumb luck pop up on the EU PSN today. I'm too hyped for this and this thread is only making the wait worse.

aravuus

I'm still sitting here in disillusioned hope that it may just by dumb luck pop up on the EU PSN today. I'm too hyped for this and this thread is only making the wait worse.

Yeah lol, I'm actually getting pretty excited reading through the thread, might even start playing it before I even get to finish ToCS.

Would love to get it today too, most likely won't have any time to play tomorrow.

What about different boosts? Like money or items or whatever? Do other Digimon have boosts for other things or is it just these two that are special cases?

I only know this because someone else in the thread mentioned it, but the gold versions of those poop digimons (eg. GoldNumemon) increases your money earned.

I don't know about any others, still waiting for PSN Asia to update =(

RexNovis

Banned
PrinceMamemon doubles the gold you get from battles (I'm guessing it's a +100% too, I didn't need that much money so I didn't farm for three of them). Other than that, nope.

You cannot permanently screw up a digimon. Later in the game, you can buy stats reducers for the unwanted stat boosts, and you can still Evolve and De-Evolve them as will. The most ABI you have, the more the stat can go up, so don't hesistate to keep doing it until you hit the cap.

I only know this because someone else in the thread mentioned it, but the gold versions of those poop digimons (eg. GoldNumemon) increases your money earned.

I don't know about any others, still waiting for PSN Asia to update =(

Ok cool thanks again to you both! :D

Chaos are you not able to buy from the US PSN store?

So does having too high stats become a detriment at some point? Or is there some requirements for some Digimon to be below a certain level? Seems very odd that stat reduction would even be necessary or wanted.

RexNovis

Banned
Man this evolution and devolution stuff is confusing. This is so much more complex than Pokemon. As somebody with little to no knowledge of Digimon going in it's almost indecipherable.

Syntsui

Man this evolution and devolution stuff is confusing. This is so much more complex than Pokemon. As somebody with little to no knowledge of Digimon going in it's almost indecipherable.

LOL. No way.

The hype on this thread got me, I just bought it, but I will only be able to play it on the weekend.

Kaizu

So does having too high stats become a detriment at some point? Or is there some requirements for some Digimon to be below a certain level? Seems very odd that stat reduction would even be necessary or wanted.

It's due to different evolutions require different stats requirements. For eg, your ultimate evolution might need strength and speed stats but your mega evolution requires int and sp but there are only 100 maximum points of enhancement available. It's very obvious why reducing of stats is needed when you try to get the Lucemon line.

notaskwid

There is a maximum bonus stat sum of points for each digimon and some megas require a very high amount of points in one or another particular stat, that's why you might have to reduce one stat in other to put points into other.

It's due to different evolutions require different stats requirements. For eg, your ultimate evolution might need strength and speed stats but your mega evolution requires int and sp but there are only 100 maximum points of enhancement available. It's very obvious why reducing of stats is needed when you try to get the Lucemon line.

There is a maximum bonus stat sum of points for each digimon and some megas require a very high amount of points in one or another particular stat, that's why you might have to reduce one stat in other to put points into other.

Okay thanks, that's the information I was missing, didn't know there was a limit on that.

Was hoping to have my copy today but thegamecollection still haven't shipped mine. Should still be on time for launch (if they shop today) but normally they send them out a day earlier :(

flowsnake

Was hoping to have my copy today but thegamecollection still haven't shipped mine. Should still be on time for launch (if they shop today) but normally they send them out a day earlier :(

Same here. They are apparently out of stock now but hopefully that doesn't affect us.

RexNovis

Banned
LOL. No way.

The hype on this thread got me, I just bought it, but I will only be able to play it on the weekend.

I mean don't get me wrong I LOVE the game but man is this crazy complicated for someone from the (digi)outside looking in. Still totally worth getting the game though. It's a blast.

Same here. They are apparently out of stock now but hopefully that doesn't affect us.
Hmmm, hopefully we will be ok since it didnt say anything about being out of stock.

I just hope they dont have stock issues and thats why they havent sent their stuff out yet when normally they always send stuff out on the Wednesday.

My copy just shipped and will hopefully arrive tomorrow!

I saw TGC saying on twitter they'll ship copies out today.

EDIT: Interestingly, amazon.de and amazon.co.uk are also out of stock right now. Hopefully that means it's selling well

-_- I can't play it until tomorrow anyway, but having to wait until it arrives sucks ~_~

I cancelled my Amazon order for them, don't let me down >< - they're out of stock now so I can't even get it delivered for release from them T_T.

Yu Narukami

EDIT: Interestingly, amazon.de and amazon.co.uk are also out of stock right now. Hopefully that means it's selling well

Where did you order? Amazon.de ships on Saturday.

Nice to see, thanks.,

Nice to see places selling out of copies (TGC has too), should help show the publisher that there is a market for these games.

*Edit* And just like that, i got an email saying they have shipped my copy :)

Delio

Team atm. Gatomon is chillin with us for now since I cant carry another Ultimate atm. Been grinding with the PlatSukamons I have now to great effect. *Grumbles that AeroVeedramon cant become AlforceVeedramon just yet. Anywho

bbXpvSP.jpg

Ennosuke

After reading this thread, I feel the need to buy this game.

I love Pokemom, Digimon, JRPGs and Persons. It seems to be a good mix of those things. 49,99 Euro, is a decent price.

What should I expect when buying this. Please someone manage my expectations :D

notaskwid

I love Pokemom, Digimon, JRPGs and Persons. It seems to be a good mix of those things. 49,99 Euro, is a decent price.

The physical EU PS4 version is 49.99?

Kinsei

Banned

Expect fun and spending hours in a single area just evolving your Digimon without realizing it until you turn the game off.

notaskwid

I don't think I'll use Plat sukamon while beating the game, maybe when I want to grind some harder to get Digimons, but I hate exploiting games and making them easier on purpose.

Pennywise

Any indicator when it's gonna hit the EU PSN ?

Never really payed attention to releases that get released outside of the usual store update window.

MongKey

I don't think I'll use Plat sukamon while beating the game, maybe when I want to grind some harder to get Digimons, but I hate exploiting games and making them easier on purpose.
Yeah, I'm doing this as well. I want the game to be hard for as long as it can before breaking it lol.

On a side note, it's great to see people's excitement for this game from both the fans and those that didn't care much for digimon before. Hope this game does well enough for Bandai Namco to continue future digimon games localization.

ReaperXL7

Does this guy use water attacks?

latest

Mine had Neutral and Wind attacks.

Does anyone have a favourite attack animation from the game yet?

I really like Kyubimons Will-O-the Wisp attack, the way her tails catch fire and she shoots the wisps is pretty cool imo

Does anyone know what Digimon is created between Angemon and Anklomon?

I have both but the last option says that I need both Angemon and Anklomons Cam at 100%

Top Bottom