• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Xenoflare

Huh.... I've just noticed Matayoshi switches between 'Kyo-Kyo' and 'Kyo chan' as nicknames for her in dialogue. (Love the game, just finding all these little 'issues' interesting)

EDIT: he just swapped between the two within 3 boxes of dialogue lol

One thing that I hate about a localized script with Japanese audio, you'd hear the "localizations"

and then you have to pick between poorly localized dialogue directly translated from Japanese or hearing the differences between the voice and text.

Faenix1

Do we know if they will release the launch bundle DLC separate later or is this really the "only time" to get grab it?
That beezlemon dude looks dope as hell.

No money for it so I'm hoping I can wait for a PSN price drop and pick the launch dlc later. Some of the digimon intrigue me.

Kinsei

Banned
Huh.... I've just noticed Matayoshi switches between 'Kyo-Kyo' and 'Kyo chan' as nicknames for her in dialogue. (Love the game, just finding all these little 'issues' interesting)

EDIT: he just swapped between the two within 3 boxes of dialogue lol

There are a lot of errors in the translation. There have been multiple times the game has called me he/him/guy even though I'm playing as a girl, the dialogue options sometimes run into each other, grammatical errors, etc, etc.

The game itself is fantastic though so I'm not letting it bother me.

Do we know if they will release the launch bundle DLC separate later or is this really the "only time" to get grab it?

No money for it so I'm hoping I can wait for a PSN price drop and pick the launch dlc later. Some of the digimon intrigue me.

Even if it doesn't get put up for sale later (I don't see why Bamco wouldn't), you can still get regular Beelzemon, just not his blast mode.

Here's what regular Beelzemon looks like.

Beelzebumon2.jpg

Xenoflare

There are a lot of errors in the translation. There have been multiple times the game has called me he/him/guy even though I'm playing as a girl, the dialogue options sometimes run into each other, grammatical errors, etc, etc.

Kinda like freedom wars then.

It's expected though. This game is not going to sell big numbers.

L95

I don't find it bothersome, I just like keeping a tally :p

Senketsu

you can still get beelzemon without the DLC. But you cant get his alternate mode, though.

Would really like to know more about the real world parts of the game and the side quests and mini games. Any impressions would be great.

Kinsei

Banned
Would really like to know more about the real world parts of the game and the side quests and mini games. Any impressions would be great.

The real world stuff is mostly there for shops and to progress the story. The sidequests so far have been fetch quests (I haven't done any of these), little mini-dungeons, the coliseum (fighting tournaments) and going back to old dungeons to fight some powerful Digimon that moved in.

Croc

Banned
Just curious since I haven't run into any so far (I'm on Chapter 5) and I've seen a few digivolutions that use them, but are the digi-eggs story related or do you get them some other way?

So I just got this game and am about 3-4 hours in and am just wondering if when I acquire a new digimon should I always be maxing out their levels before de-digivolving them to their training 1 form? Or do the cumulative levels not matter?

Rizzi

Still cranky this isn't getting a physical release in Australia.
So now I have to hope that it actually shows up on the PSN tomorrow, and I have no idea how much it's going to cost.
Thanks Bandai Namco!

Steel

Banned
I'm honestly shocked at how much I'm enjoying the game. I've never been much of a digimon fan, but the fact the game has some honest difficulty to it when Pokemon X&Y didn't have any whatsoever is rather refreshing. It also helps that the story is astonishingly not complete trash so far.

Kaizu

Just curious since I haven't run into any so far (I'm on Chapter 5) and I've seen a few digivolutions that use them, but are the digi-eggs story related or do you get them some other way?

If I remember correctly, there are
two digi eggs. One you can get by battling one random dude in Kowloon(level 4 I think). I located him pretty easily without really trying because I talked to everyone in Kowloon. The other is in one of the end game side quest.

sensui-tomo

so... kuzuhamon or sakuyamon... i dont know which to pick as both seem very similar. Yeah i'm done with chapter 6 (or on it still... just did the DONTLOOK boss and doing the missions next)?

Wait, so does this game have an English option? If so, I'm in.

English text/ japanese dub. You should still buy it for the hope of continued digimon games in the future.... plus the fact that this is a good game.

Hikami

Is it better to digivolve/de-digivolve when I cap the digimon's level or it doesn't matter?
Only reason I've found is if you're grinding ability points, you get more if you level them. There was a mega Digimon I wanted that required 80 ability points so I had to de-digivolve and digivolve a lot. Haven't gone all the way to cap since it keeps increasing and is at 99 now for my mons but..
If I de-digivolved them at lv.1 for example they'd only get 1 ability point and like 5+ points if I leveled them up a bit instead.
so... kuzuhamon or sakuyamon... i dont know which to pick as both seem very similar.
I went with Sakuyamon since I already had a dark type. I wish I had gone with Kuzuhamon instead though and replaced my dark type. Sakuyamon's color scheme is so unappealing imo compared to Kuzuhamon's.

Faenix1

Even if it doesn't get put up for sale later (I don't see why Bamco wouldn't), you can still get regular Beelzemon, just not his blast mode.

Here's what regular Beelzemon looks like.

Beelzebumon2.jpg

you can still get beelzemon without the DLC. But you cant get his alternate mode, though.

Doesn't look nearly as awesome as the DLC one. Still kinda cool though. Don't care if he's not good I'll be going for him whenever I get the game. lol

It sucks when I digivolve into a digimon I don't care about because I thought it looked cooler in the shadow...poor Terriermon turning into ugly ass Ikkakumon...

Not sure if I hate Jimiken or if he is the best character ever.

Occasionally strange and off-putting dialogue aside, I am absolutely loving this game. It's addicting as hell too. I might fail my midterm because of it (it'll be worth it).

Xenoflare

Nokia just raised my bar of "annoying as fuck" noise standard in terms of tone. Her voice is not technically "that" high pitched.

But it managed to annoy me to no end

and honestly, Nokia?

Hyunashi

Still cranky this isn't getting a physical release in Australia.
So now I have to hope that it actually shows up on the PSN tomorrow, and I have no idea how much it's going to cost.
Thanks Bandai Namco!

Yea same. I got too impatient in the end and made a US PSN account and got the game there. I can bet you it will be a full priced game so youre gonna be looking at a $100 price tag sadly...

aravuus

Wait, is there supposed to be nothing up yet in the EU PSN? There's not even an info page for the game, much less a pre-order one or something.

Kaizu

Nokia just raised my bar of "annoying as fuck" noise standard in terms of tone. Her voice is not technically "that" high pitched.

But it managed to annoy me to no end

and honestly, Nokia?

She became the best character later on. One of her scene in chapter 10 made the game special for me. It calls back to something that was always amazing in anime since forever ago.

L95

She became the best character later on. One of her scene in chapter 10 made the game special for me. It calls back to something that was always amazing in anime since forever ago.

...I'm not there yet, but I already have a suspicion...

Sealtest

So what's going on with the Dianamon DLC on PS4? From my own JP Vita version which has no DLC installed can see her entry right from the start of a new game, Worried this is more then just a glitch.

Xenoflare

I don't want to evolve my palmon,
all I can remember is her tripping while trying to catch that bus saying goodbye to Mimi

RexNovis

Banned
Don't mind my terrible, dated humour that only I find funny.

Also I meant to ask, if I'm finding normal a little easy, what does hard change? Are the battles just a little more difficult or is it more than that?

Play on hard. Normal is super easy. Hard makes the battles more of a challenge via tweaking damage and health among other things. Even Hard is still pretty easy tbh

Pau

Loving the Digimon models. So nice and cute. :3 Can't say I care for the human designs but whatever. :p

So far I'm just getting the Digimon from the first three seasons since that's all I've seen. Then I'll start branching out. But it's so hard to pick which ones to use because I like so many. I want them all on my team. ;-;

Random question, can you ever change the main character's outfit?
I wanna know this too!

Play on hard. Normal is super easy. Hard makes the battles more of a challenge via tweaking damage and health among other things. Even Hard is still pretty easy tbh

Thanks! I was wondering why I was killing everyone in one turn despite not doing too much grinding. I'll have to bump it up.

So far I'm just getting the Digimon from the first three seasons since that's all I've seen. Then I'll start branching out. But it's so hard to pick which ones to use because I like so many. I want them all on my team. ;-;

I'm in the same boat. My farm is filled with all these awesome Digimon I can't use and it's like choosing a favourite child :(

So what's going on with the Dianamon DLC on PS4? From my own JP Vita version which has no DLC installed can see her entry right from the start of a new game, Worried this is more then just a glitch.

I noticed people that didn't have the DLC when they were streaming early didn't have BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon show up at all, even as greyed out options. I wonder if you need to complete the "DLC" quests for her to show up?

I wanna know this too!

No, you'll have to live with yellow and black. :p

Sealtest

I noticed people that didn't have the DLC when they were streaming early didn't have BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon show up at all, even as greyed out options. I wonder if you need to complete the "DLC" quests for her to show up?

See I thought that as well which is why I booted up my JP copy and started a brand new game and I could still see them all in the entry numbers.

See I thought that as well which is why I booted up my JP copy and started a brand new game and I could still see them all in the entry numbers.

Might be a difference between Japan and the Western versions? I remember the greyed out options/missing encyclopedia entries bothering me even though I had the DLC. Perhaps they thought it better to hide it than wave it in front of your face?

It's no longer DLC, but from what I saw, it's still treated that way in the game somewhat.

Pau

I'm in the same boat. My farm is filled with all these awesome Digimon I can't use and it's like choosing a favourite child :(
I know. :( For now I'm swapping them in and out of my party fairly frequently. I don't care if it means I'm underleveled or whatever; I'm playing on normal so it seems to not be a problem so far. Mixing types helps choose but why are they all so cute! I don't tend to have the same problem in Pokemon because your access to different types is more gradual.

No, you'll have to live with yellow and black. :p
That's a bummer. But I guess my outfit could be worse. :p

Top Bottom