• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness |OT|

anybody else who ordered this on amazon still have "shipping now" as their status?

Mine finally shipped today. I sent them a complaint basically saying that if I pre-order a game it shouldn't sit in the warehouse for over a week before it ships. They sent a response essentially saying that I shouldn't complain because I chose free shipping.

Is this how Amazon handles preorders now? I've pre-order lots of things from them and never had a problem like this before.

erragal

Mine finally shipped today. I sent them a complaint basically saying that if I pre-order a game it shouldn't sit in the warehouse for over a week before it ships. They sent a response essentially saying that I shouldn't complain because I chose free shipping.

Is this how Amazon handles preorders now? I've pre-order lots of things from them and never had a problem like this before.

They're very upfront when you go to order on estimated shipping times. Not all new releases get release date free shipping; amazon clearly indicated the expected wait was 7-9 days for free shipping which is why I bought my copy in a store rather than preorder it. They didn't mislead you at all you just didn't really read what they were telling you when you made your order and had unreasonable expectations. Sorry man.

Torraz

Is there an easy dupe method like there was in D4 (before they patched it)?

D4 is the only disgaea I ever "beat" the postgame in...

They're very upfront when you go to order on estimated shipping times. Not all new releases get release date free shipping; amazon clearly indicated the expected wait was 7-9 days for free shipping which is why I bought my copy in a store rather than preorder it. They didn't mislead you at all you just didn't really read what they were telling you when you made your order and had unreasonable expectations. Sorry man.

My expectations were not unreasonable If I pre order a game, I don't expect that Amazon will sit on my order for more than a week post release before shipping it. When I placed the order back in early September, there was no indication that they would hold the order for several days before sending it out. If there was, I would have bought the game somewhere else.

I've pre ordered several games from Amazon over the years, and usually choose the free shipping option if release day delivery is not available. And never before did I have to wait until a week after release for them to ship an order to me, which is one of the reasons why I pre ordered my games from Amazon in the first place.

scy

Is there an easy dupe method like there was in D4 (before they patched it)?

D4 is the only disgaea I ever "beat" the postgame in...

There is no duping but a lot of the post-game stuff is a bit more streamlined in general. Ultimately, a lot of Innocents aren't super needed (e.g., all the stat ones) so you're really just gathering stuff like Statisticians, Sparring Partners, etc. to make grinding faster. The "final equipment" Innocents aren't too hard to max out since they're typically the 100 cap ones (Professional, Elemental Resistances, Ailment Resistances).

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ultimately, a lot of Innocents aren't super needed (e.g., all the stat ones) so you're really just gathering stuff like Statisticians, Sparring Partners, etc. to make grinding faster. The "final equipment" Innocents aren't too hard to max out since they're typically the 100 cap ones (Professional, Elemental Resistances, Ailment Resistances).

Plus, as you're levelling the items to 300 (really, only the r39/40 weps and two/three traps need to be done after finding said items), you'll still find the 'bonus' floors with a bunch of innocents, I've gotten a full guardian stack, and two stacks of statisticians just while farming the innocent route (since item route is essentially worthless outside of a few mystery floors, due to the hard cap being 300, and not on item god/king/general killings, afaik).

Floor 50-54 has a 3.0 multiplier, and 95-99 has a 3.9x for innocent capturing instead of the usual 2.

A tip for grinding out floors is to give a masked hero a bunch of shoes and the most powerful fist weapon you have, and then give him the lady warrior's move after a kill evility, and just fly through the levels (after getting the 1k kills for the 15% bonus to the item). Goes way faster than my old setup of having to clear the door for him each time.

Mikey Jr.

I remember in previous games, clearing a room of badguys leveled up your item, while just skipping to the exit did not count towards leveling up the item. Is it still like that?

scy

I remember in previous games, clearing a room of badguys leveled up your item, while just skipping to the exit did not count towards leveling up the item. Is it still like that?

It has never been like that.

Though, there is now a +Stat% multiplier that you get for killing enemies in the Item World. It stacks up to 15% after 1000 total kills.

Nose Master

The glitches in this game are obnoxious. I've hard locked three times in less than ten hours, and I've gotten the Laharl 1HP glitch a ton of times.

Nothing quite kills your motivation to keep playing like getting a hardlock after doing some serious item world-ing for two hours.

Hag

The game freeze glitch happens in the JP version too?

My game died like 4 times already... I just gonna play the story. I don't want to lose hours with post game because of these fucking glitches. :/

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
:( I was gonna unpack this tomorrow too. Glitches and freezes?

I wonder if it's specific PS3 models freezing up?

Teddified

I get the 1 HP Laharl Glitch, But at 8-9 hours so far I haven't ran into any freezing. But I've also not played more then 1-2 hours at a time.

Also the 1HP Laharl Glitch seemed to happen on every item world level after the first, which is quite annoying.

scy

I have around 100 hours and the only glitch I've had is the 1 HP Laharl issue. I'm still not sure what causes it yet. The odd part is, as far as I can tell, Laharl will have whatever HP after the map is done but if you go into another map immediately (or just without healing?), he'll drop to 1 HP. You don't actually have 1 HP.

If you (don't think this is a spoiler but, hey, better safe I suppose)
just use female Laharl, you don't have this problem ever. Though this only really applies to the post-game

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I have around 100 hours and the only glitch I've had is the 1 HP Laharl issue. I'm still not sure what causes it yet. The odd part is, as far as I can tell, Laharl will have whatever HP after the map is done but if you go into another map immediately (or just without healing?), he'll drop to 1 HP. You don't actually have 1 HP.

If you (don't think this is a spoiler but, hey, better safe I suppose)
just use female Laharl, you don't have this problem ever. Though this only really applies to the post-game

Good to know, thanks! :D

scy

Just an update, looks like it might just be some oddity with a fully deployed team. I'll see if there's anything else to it besides that.

zulux21

didnt realize this existed. missed out on the le. i hope nis store restocks them

As a general rule NisA will not reprint a LE, so the only way it will restock is if they suddenly have cancelled orders, which is unlikely since the game already released. Most likely you have missed it, and to get it you will have to pay extra.

anyways I need to maybe get back into D2 tomorrow as I haven't played it in a while :/

Uthred

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Adel 2013-11-05 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Alex 2013-11-26 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Ash 2013-12-10 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Eclair 2014-01-14 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Gig 2014-01-28 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Human Priere 2014-01-14 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Lilliel 2013-11-05 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Mao 2013-11-12 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Marona 2013-12-10 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Metallia 2013-12-10 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - NISA 2014-01-28 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Overlord Priere 2014-01-14 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Plume 2014-01-28 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Pram 2013-11-26 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Rozalin 2013-11-05 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Salvatore 2013-11-12 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Zetta 2013-11-26 $2.99

Shinjica

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Adel 2013-11-05 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Alex 2013-11-26 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Ash 2013-12-10 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Eclair 2014-01-14 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Gig 2014-01-28 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Human Priere 2014-01-14 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Lilliel 2013-11-05 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Mao 2013-11-12 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Marona 2013-12-10 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Metallia 2013-12-10 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - NISA 2014-01-28 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Overlord Priere 2014-01-14 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Plume 2014-01-28 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Pram 2013-11-26 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Rozalin 2013-11-05 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Salvatore 2013-11-12 $2.99
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - Zetta 2013-11-26 $2.99

Thanks, 3$ for 1 character is a bit operpriced. Was that high for Disgaea 4 too?

Looks like America doesn't get Raspberyl unless you buy the Strat Guide either. But Europe does.

I find that bizarre since there was a specific reward for the Guidebook in Japan, I'm surprised they didn't bring that over but instead randomly assigned a DLC character.

Shinjica

A question about the Item Sea.

Now you can go inside an item forever? For example if an item as only 30 level you can finish that 30 level and then restart it to power up the item even more?

scy

A question about the Item Sea.

Now you can go inside an item forever? For example if an item as only 30 level you can finish that 30 level and then restart it to power up the item even more?

Yes. Additionally, finishing 30 Floors in a common item will turn it into a Rare Item. Finishing 60 Floors of that will then turn it into a Legendary item. You can just keep running the item for more floors.

Beyond that, there's some other stat bonuses involved for, say, killing enemies. In Rasetsu mode, unlocked during the post-game, there's yet another stat bonus with killing stuff.

A thirty level item is a COMMON item. When you finish those 30 levels, it becomes a RARE item with 60, and then a LEGENDARY with 100.

And yes, you're right, you can keep running those floors.

So I've been putting off picking this up due to it being a colossal pit of soul sucking void that will take up all of my free time and probably some of the time I should be doing more important things, you know your typical Nippon Ichi SRPG. I will probably pick it up tomorrow though.

Any tips for someone starting up the game so I won't waste as much time as I did on the other ones? Which weapons to focus on for Laharal for example. I still remember trying to level Spears in the old games. Waste of time when fist and sword were billions of times better. Please try to keep the spoilers to a minimum. Thank you.

Shinjica

So I've been putting off picking this up due to it being a colossal pit of soul sucking void that will take up all of my free time and probably some of the time I should be doing more important things, you know your typical Nippon Ichi SRPG. I will probably pick it up tomorrow though.

Any tips for someone starting up the game so I won't waste as much time as I did on the other ones? Which weapons to focus on for Laharal for example. I still remember trying to level Spears in the old games. Waste of time when fist and sword were billions of times better. Please try to keep the spoilers to a minimum. Thank you.

If you see a main character use a weapon when you pick them (for example, Laharl use a sword) focus on that.

For the other, see the aptitude in the weapon. High attitude (A or even S) are the weapon you've to focus.

scy

It's worth noting that it's still nice to have a variety of weapon types available, especially if you plan on tackling Baal since
he nullifies damage from attacks he's already taken

Just started playing a few hours ago. I went to an equip an item and it was flashing in my inventory. When I equipped it it says "Same Bonus!" I assume it had to do with the fact that it was a Rare item, and I had another rare item equipped. Is this correct? What is the bonus to doing this?

Also what's the most optimal way for me to configure my cheat shop early on? Currently I'm going for Exp, HL, and Weapon Mastery at the expense of everything else.

Just started playing a few hours ago. I went to an equip an item and it was flashing in my inventory. When I equipped it it says "Same Bonus!" I assume it had to do with the fact that it was a Rare item, and I had another rare item equipped. Is this correct? What is the bonus to doing this?

Also what's the most optimal way for me to configure my cheat shop early on? Currently I'm going for Exp, HL, and Weapon Mastery at the expense of everything else.

Exp and Mana are the most important early. You want to get at least one character up to about 50 as soon as you can and then Reincarnate them at Genius level or the one bellow that. Makes the game much easier.

scy

Items of the same Rarity give you a +10% Stat Multiplier for each equipped item after the first (e.g., +10% for 2, +20% for 3, and +30% for all 4). This multiplier applies to just the stats from those items.

I just left it alone, really. I suppose you could do it the way you did with lowered Mana and Skill EXP but I don't really think you need it all that much for the sake of beating the game. I'd just go 100% until you want to grind at, say, 2-6 or 6-1.

Exp and Mana are the most important early. You want to get at least one character up to about 50 as soon as you can and then Reincarnate them at Genius level or the one bellow that. Makes the game much easier.

The bonus from reincarnating isn't that big early on, honestly. I mean, it helps, sure, but we're talking about adding a few hundreds of points of stats at this point. I'd rather just level an Emblem :x

Etna and Pure Flonne make it oddly easy to clear CoO 6 the first time. Was only level ~350 on Etna/Flonne/Laharl. Though I did need to use some buffs.

Guess I should clear Axel's stage now and then get serious with the item worlding.

Despite the few, yet obnoxious, problems this game has, I'm completely in love with Defense mattering late game again.

I'm totally gonna max all of Prier's stats, probably at Level 1. Hmm, I wonder how hard a No Exp run would be. I guess the main thing would be things starting up slower without any boost from your levels.

Where's the best place to powerlevel around level 20ish? I'd like to quickly get up to 40 so I can use the 2-6 powerlevelling spot.

Also, when I make towers I don't always get the option use a Tower Skill. What are the conditions?

Top Bottom