• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea sales?

jarrod

Banned
In the US it's around 120k iirc (just ahead of Tactics Ogre GBA for Atlus USA's best seller this gen). In Japan it managed around the same. In Europe, I've heard no Koei game has passed the 10k mark, and as Koei's the distributor there I'm guessing Disgaea probably hasn't fared too well. :/

cja

Never reached the top 40 all-formats or top 20 PS2 games here in the UK where Koei concentrated their efforts in Europe (their distribution on the continent is supposed to be very patchy with the game hard to find). It did make the play.com top 10 and the amazon.co.uk top 20 so it didn't totally bomb but with the game getting rare 9/10s from both Edge and GameTM sales were very disappointing. Just hoping we still see La Pucelle and Phantom Brave :|

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
jarrod said:
In the US it's around 120k iirc (just ahead of Tactics Ogre GBA for Atlus USA's best seller this gen). In Japan it managed around the same. In Europe, I've heard no Koei game has passed the 10k mark, and as Koei's the distributor there I'm guessing Disgaea probably hasn't fared too well. :/

120k is fantastic for a game like that.

IE:

A.) Graphics were below average, no flashy screenshots on the box
B.) Its a new series
C.) Advertising was minimum.

jarrod

Banned
Suikoguy said:
120k is fantastic for a game like that.

IE:

A.) Graphics were below average, no flashy screenshots on the box
B.) Its a new series
C.) Advertising was minimum.
Don't get me wrong, American and Japanese sales were great. Worldwide it's probably around 250k I'd guess... though it should be mentioned Disgaea isn't actually a new series (it's still a part of the Rhapsody games I believe).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
jarrod said:
Don't get me wrong, American and Japanese sales were great. Worldwide it's probably around 250k I'd guess... though it should be mentioned Disgaea isn't actually a new series (it's still a part of the Rhapsody games I believe).

Dear god!

game-Software-All-Playstation-Rhapsody-resized200.jpg

That Rhapsody?!?

Top Bottom