• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney investing 1.5 billion into Epic Games

XXL

Can’t wait for a terrible Fortnite movie starring a lesbian in a wheelchair 👍
Nick Offerman Smile GIF

Wildebeest

They can use that money to give away all the commercially failed marvel and star wars licence games away for free.

Well, I guess Epic has won the metaverse race or something. And Fortnite will grow even more as the potential of virtual parks etc. is huge.

Pejo

Man it's like lumping all of the stuff I have a distaste for and putting it all in once place for convenience of avoidance. I wonder if this is gonna put a muzzle on Tim Sweeney's twitter hot takes.

Hope their first game is a Disney/Fortnite vs. Elon/Gina fighting game.

Will have to keep a close eye on what this Epic/Disney partnership brings to Fortnite as I have a 9 year old son who plays it and I don't want Disney to contaminate his brain with their bullshit.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I want to know what the game mode ends up being. The lego survival and rock band lite modes are fun.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hopeful me:

We get a Marvel or Star Wars game, even a mmo, as polished as Fortnite is.

Realistic me:

We get a Mickey game where you spend $20 to make his ears green.

kyussman

I don't game on PC and have no particular feelings towards Epic.......I'll always have a big fuck you ready for Disney though,so fuck Disney!

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I asked myself the same question. They have made billions in losses with their movies.
What kind of fake data world are you living in? Of the last 4 quarters they had one loss that was ~420 million. They did not lose billions on movies.

K2D

Banned
Search result on google:
Top share holders:
  • Tim Sweeney (51.4%)
  • Tencent (40%) :sick:
  • The Walt Disney Company (10%)
  • Sony (5.4%)
Edit: This is the top result google. I take no responsibility for the bad math here, only the stink for reposting it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I wonder how much of this has to do with video games, and how much of this has to do with LED volumes. More and more films and shows are opting to shoot against digital backdrops instead of green screens, and Unreal Engine powers ILM's StageCraft volume. Fortnite won't be huge forever, but those LED sets are only going to get more popular. Or maybe Fortnite will actually be a forever game, and kids twenty years from now will still love it.

Top Bottom