• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

DigitalOp

Banned
Okay guys... I was on the fence...

But I think Ill get off now...

*sighs*

Game looks like fun to play with the fellas and a few brews.

ArjanN

Codename: S-Kill: The leader of an evil organization hell bent on "rebalancing" the world in the hopes of repackaging and selling it anew. He decides enters the Divekicking tournament to personally see to it that it is rebalanced.
He is the game’s final boss and is based off Seth from Street Fighter IV.

qGxFh.png

nampad

Can someone explain all the FGC insider jokes? Who is that guy from the linked picture?
Dustin Weinberger=Justin Wong? S-Kill=Seth Killian?

I only get Markman, never played any fighting game on a higher level.

I'm team Shoals for sure. I managed to beat some pretty decent guy in EVO pools with her. Also she's hot

EDIT: Sign me up for the tournament. Whichever console, I'm in to double dip

She has a foot disease on her face, how is that hot? ;)
I also like her design
Surely she already seems to have a big following so I may choose someone else to feel special.

Rocwell

I feel like they missed an opportunity with Stream. They should have called him Kappa instead since a kappa is a Japanese river demon or literally a stream monster.

In fact, I'm so upset about it, I don't think I will pick this up.
kappa.png

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Will buy? What time will it go live on the store. Haven't purchased anything from psn in a while.

Alright, I got myself a $20 card today in anticipation of this. Wonder what I should use those $10 leftover for.

I feel like they missed an opportunity with Stream. They should have called him Kappa instead since a kappa is a Japanese river demon or literally a stream monster.

In fact, I'm so upset about it, I don't think I will pick this up.
kappa.png

Clearly that's his brother/relative that they'll use for a sequel

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Join the Markman community!

9545395580_8391f4a28b_c.jpg

Here's my character strategy/info for that 'Markman' character!

Hello everyone. This may seem weird? But I'm MarkMan and I would like to share some information on the character 'Markman' in Divekick!

Markman has forward moving divekick arc, similar to Kung Pao. His kick startup is not instant and is a bit slower than most characters. Markman has tools to help makeup for his kick startup, including his ability to zone/create space with his items (which have random effects), and a just frame kick (EWGF - Electric Wind God Foot) that comes out almost instantly with an increased hitbox). He also has his kickback feint aerial skill that allows him to backdash in the air and create space/opportunity to bait out/punish if needed.

Markman's Ground Ability - Item Search

When on the ground, this meterless ability allows Markman to scavenge the surrounding area for items. The items serve as an advantage/hazard for BOTH players, so please be aware. The item generation is random and can consist of the following items:

• Part for the Kick Box (First you get the base, then the yellow button, then the blue button) - Once you have all 3, you will have 8 seconds in 'Precision Control Mode' that allows you to perform an upkick. The upkick, is just as it is stated an upward kick that can be used as a rushdown tool or an anti air. The possibilities of it's use are endless and Markman can continuously cancel his divekick into upkicks into divekicks and so forth (as long as he has meter). The more you use the upkick cancel the faster your Kickbox meter depletes. If Markman is headshot, hit, or double KO'd while in 'Precision Control Mode' then he loses any remaining meter in the next round
  • Glue - If Markman or his opponent step in the glue, they will be stuck there for about a second. Leaving them vulnerable and unable to dive.
  • Spring - If Markman or his opponent step into the spring it will cause them to be forced into an auto jump state where they will have to kick to get off the Spring. Some characters will be greatly disadvantaged if they step on the Spring, such as Redacted, who has too much gravity/not enough momentum to kick off and will be pretty much dead if they step square on the Spring.
  • Oil - The oil acts as a slip and slide and if Markman or his opponent step/land into the oil they are able to use the additional momentum to add to their jump arc and seemingly alter the trajectory of their dive prior to kick activation.
  • Black Hole - The black hole is placed on the ground and allows Markman or his opponent to travel through space by dropping through the endless ceiling and into the stage endlessly until they kick out.
  • Chemicals - The chemical green cloud forms after it hits the ground. Anyone touching this cloud will lose all meter gradually.

Items will disappear over time or instantly if another item is called out in it's place.

Markman's Air Ability - Feint

With enough meter, Markman can cancel a divekick into a backdash in the air anytime during the kick animation. This can be used to bait people out or to make moves safer/get out of the way. After the feint is performed, Markman can initiate another kick to gain forward ground momentum.

Markman's precision moves - Just Frames

Markman has two just frame moves. Just frames are moves that require frame specific timing/execution in order to pull them off successfully. Markman's two abilities are the EWGF (Electric Wind God Food) and backdash.
  • EWGF - Markman can perform a super fast divekick with an increased hitbox. You can tell it's an EWGF by the sound and visual lightning surrounding Markman's kick. This is performed at the apex of Markman's dive/jump. At the height of his jump, hit the kick button to perform this move. It can be done at varied heights and is useful for covering ground as well.

Made a video showing off the difference between Markman's divekick and his EWGF.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Kh6biwNSI
  • Backdash - Markman can perform a backdash as he lands from a normal dive. If you hit dive right before you land, Markman will perform a backstep to create more ground between him and the opponent.
If there are any questions/comments. Please let me know.

Here are some videos with my Markman gameplay and I encourage you to upload yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA3mFkW9jz4

9545397018_6b38313294_c.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
who are these characters supposed to appeal to besides people who are already familiar with the fighting game community :\

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
who are these characters supposed to appeal to besides people who are already familiar with the fighting game community :
I agree on some of the "normal" character, mainly because of their designs. Markman and s-kill are just dressed like regular dudes. Jefaily too but he has the big head thing going for him so it's not too bad. Kenny gets a pass because his clothes look kinda like a uniform, he has a halo, his standing pose is interesting, and he has wings when jumping. There's definitely some missed opportunities for interesting character design.

Grab a 2-pack on Steam, spend the rest on cards.

Not an option since I'm planning on being the Divekick community guy and need to be able to bring it to our locals.

Also I can't have both Skullgirls and Divekick running at the same time on my laptop so there's that too.

DMG-01

I've never really used the PSN store that much. What time does it update? 0:00 PST? I want to buy the One True Game as soon as I can.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When does this hit PSN? I want it now!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I MISSED IT WHEN THIS GAME WAS SIMPLE AND NOW ITS TOO COMPLICATED FOR MEEEE WAAAAAAAAHH

shut up

lol

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

Nabs

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.
Steam

Edgeward

PSN

kassatsu

Banned

kassatsu psn

Dahbomb

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next
few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there,
l

Steam.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.

Steam.

Also check out this fanart by zalwelgoedgaan on the playstation forums:

ichmSCqAisEx3.png

It's for the fanart contest where you can win a free PSN code. Still open for submissions if you want to try for a free code. http://community.us.playstation.com...Contest-Win-a-game-download-code/m-p/41075041

On that note I'm still waiting for a Steam code that I won during the EVO stream. There's probably nothing wrong, I'm assuming codes are generated when the game goes up for sale. Turbo pls.

Top Bottom