• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

PSN

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

Steam.

PSN

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

PSN Dacvak

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

PSN

PSN

Steam.

Also check out this fanart by zalwelgoedgaan on the playstation forums:

ichmSCqAisEx3.png

Oh god Jefaily

galvatron

Both

Glix

I will be picking up the PSN version and unless it is not at all what I am expecting, I will double dip on Steam.

Raitaro

This already has a metagame, including hitting unbound buttons to fake people out in local multiplayer.

Nice! I was actually wondering about how the metagame for this game would be evolving. I also wonder if there will be any new FGC memes developing from this already filled to the brim with memes game. That might actually be one of the few legitimate fears regarding this game and its legacy: not enough new material to take the FGC culture into new directions meme wise. I could be wrong of course.

I can't wait to try this game out as soon as I get back from holiday! As a lifelong sneaker enthusiast, my body AND sneakers are ready indeed!

For the new page:

kassatsu

Banned
Games Radar 3/5

And yet, despite all those missteps, Divekick is deeply enjoyable for those who can stomach the occasional bug or cheap victory.

There are no cheap victories in Divekick. Man up.

Games Beat 55/100

For only using two button inputs, Divekick has more depth than you might initially recognize. [Cut to later in review] Two-button controls just aren’t very deep...

Steam
PSN

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
COME ON PSN. DROP ALREADY!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I'd like to join if the tourney time fits my schedule.

Steam.

I'm in for both

FluxWaveZ

Depends on when it takes place.

Edit: Ah crap, never mind (missed that it's this weekend). Won't be able to participate.

storafötter;77320571 said:
Does anyone know if the Vita and PS3 version has cross play online?

It does.

Steam. Hopefully I can make it.

Horseress

Steam

RS4-

dat steam. maybe psn if I buy some psn money

Kioshen

Both

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready to go to baller town.
For the new page:

Put me on Steam

Keits

Developer

Sorry to image quote, but story time!

We prototyped a few new game modes for Divekick during a game-jam last year, one of which replaced ROUND 1 DIVEKICK with PUMP IT UP!

When the game starts, you have 5 seconds to pump up your shoes by alternately tapping the two buttons. The pump meter would fill up based on the speed of your tapping, but the meter had to decelerate when you stopped, so if you were not careful, you would overpump and pop your shoe.

After 5 seconds, you fight for just 3 seconds. Your movement speed is based on how pumped your shoe is. The more you move, the more pump you lose. If your shoe popped, your movement was total shit. If the round doesn't end in those 3 seconds, you go back to 5 seconds of pumping.

I imagine if we kept playing this mode, we'd have insane arm muscles from mashing those giant kickbox buttons. Fun times!

Is this the best day of your life?

It is definitely going to be one of them (especially if we sell lots of copies).

I'm so pumped!

Keits, I'm so excited for this game, to date this is the only game I have given money to kick starter for, been following it since you guys first unveiled it. And my vita got back yesterday from sony(needed repairs, awesome service and quick return btw) so I will be on steam and also the vita for my divekick on the go needs. My Baz will wreck faces, the storms coming, can you feel it?

Edit: Quick edit, I also modded a old brawl stick with a custom 2 button plate to match the kickboxes shown, and boy was it a pain in the ass finding quality buttons that where large enough.

Enordash

Thing is most videos and images I would've used would be from the official website...and I had to go to bed after writing the OT >_>

Thanks for the OT, Tizoc. Also, I just watched The Flashpoint Paradox last night so I also wanted to compliment you on your avatar.

I'm picking the game up on Steam as soon as I get home from work. I may also eventually grab it on PSN too. If anyone is looking to play some casual matches later, my Steam ID is also Enordash. Send me a friend request! I've never played before so no worries on me being ahead of the game.

Edit: Quick edit, I also modded a old brawl stick with a custom 2 button plate to match the kickboxes shown, and boy was it a pain in the ass finding quality buttons that where large enough.

This gives me an awesome use for the old PS2 DBZ arcade stick that I have! In all seriousness, I'd totally buy a kickbox if it was available, even at $150. Keits, sell me one!

So. To play with MarkMan its only allowed to use a MadCatz Fighting Stick?
Just kidding

I need to get myself a fighting stick someday...

Enordash

For the new page:

Assuming it's at a time I can do it, I'd like to enter the Steam tournament.

Top Bottom