• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Dec

The frame rate issue pan out for anyone yet?

Ah is this a common thing then? I sometimes get 20fps in a fight with 40% GPU usage and reducing everything to minimum yields like a 2fps increase. Not sure what causes it to happen, 90% of the time it runs great, just certain fights.

Ah is this a common thing then? I sometimes get 20fps in a fight with 40% GPU usage and reducing everything to minimum yields like a 2fps increase. Not sure what causes it to happen, 90% of the time it runs great, just certain fights.

I'm assuming it is something that happened on their Friday patch.

FACE

Banned
Finished pretty much every quest in Cyseal then proceeded to murder everyone in that town for XP, as a bonus I got pretty much every painting I sold to the NPCs :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait wtf.

I found the body with the pc horn before talking to jaharl. How do I start the quest without starting a great big war? Didn't seem to give me a choice to tell jaharl about the body or not.

Alric

I don't know what the last patch did but now my game runs like warm butter. I hate this game sometimes though. I start to play and then it's almost 3am and I got work in 5 hours. Thanks Larian, dicks.

Levyne

Banned
mI4E7ks.png

That final boss. UGH! Frustrating in a good way!

I somehow thought it would be over when Trife gave up the ghost but NOPE, dragon time!

I doubt I'll clean up achievements. Finishing that kept me up later than I planned so I'll have to write a little more tomorrow. I want to respond to Dario's well written post eventually.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Same happening to me.
Same here.
Everything ran silky smooth two patches ago. Now upper-Cyseal is stuttery just like 50% of the terrain I explored outside of the city.

huxley00

I do have a few complaints about summons

1. Summons shouldn't get a turn the same round they were summoned, they should have to wait until the next round to act.

2. When the summoner dies, its summon should dispel.

Zakalwe

Banned
I do have a few complaints about summons

1. Summons shouldn't get a turn the same round they were summoned, they should have to wait until the next round to act.

2. When the summoner dies, its summon should dispel.

I like the way they work currently, they never feel overpowered either way and the instant use prevents casting them from feeling frustrating.

-

I think I've got addicted to playing the game in co-op. I thought I'd be done with this for a little while after my SP run, but it looks like the two co-op games I've started are going to eat up even more of my free time... I have a life to live to, damn it.

Chaos17

I got no leads!
Mushrooms around her house say nothing helpfull, don't do anything to update the log

Did you not solvd their riddle ?
Because when you do they do tell you :
that a wizard put that barrier up and he migh have the scroll to disable it and the scroll is in a chest not far from the witch house

Anyway about the order here's what I think is right one based on the levels of mobs :

Lvl 11+ - The white witch quest (you can do it when you want but she is the one who will close all the quests related to Immasculate)
Lvl 14 - Imasculated village (give you hints about all the quests in the zones)
Lvl 14 - Immasculated temple
Lvl 15 - Imasculate trial
Lvl 15 - Mines
Lvl 15 - North area

I'm not sure about doing the temple first then the mines because some people reported that they couldn't do the mines after it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Lvl 14 - Immasculated temple (where you get the blood AND the spell to kill those knights)

I'm pretty sure I got the
spell from the office in the area after the mines
. The only thing I found in the temple
was the blood

You can do them out of order, but it will probably be difficult because the enemies in the Temple are all level 14, and the final battle has a pretty high spawn count.

Chaos17

I'm pretty sure I got the
spell from the office in the area after the mines
. The only thing I found in the temple
was the blood

You can do them out of order, but it will probably be difficult because the enemies in the Temple are all level 14, and the final battle has a pretty high spawn count.

Oh right,
the blood was needed to complete the spell we found in the mines...
my mistake.

NIN90

So what's the right way to go through the
Mines? I already destroyed the bone totem but I stopped where the Death Knights appear and did some other stuff first in Act 2. Am I supposed to sneak/invis past them?

TheContact

You guys ever get a bug where if you save mid fight, when you exit the game and load the save sometimes you aren't able to do anything besides look around the screen?

Zakalwe

Banned
Am I supposed to sneak/invis past them?

I couldn't sneak, was seen every time, and the pyramids/rift travel won't work in there.

Unless you've invested in sneak to see if that works, or can invisi the entire party, the trick is to
just run past them as they patrol and take refuge in the passageways they don't use while you wait for the next opening.

NIN90

That seemed awfully specific for a game that usually offers multiple ways to get past obstacles so I figured there'd be another way.

Unless you've invested in sneak to see if that works, or can invisi the entire party, the trick is to
just run past them as they patrol and take refuge in the passageways they don't use while you wait for the next opening.

Thanks!
I honestly haven't looked into their patrol patterns so far so that never crossed my mind.

duckroll

You guys ever get a bug where if you save mid fight, when you exit the game and load the save sometimes you aren't able to do anything besides look around the screen?

Yes there are some initialization bugs when loading into battles sometimes, but I never encountered anything which was permanent. Sometimes it looks like it takes a while for the engine to "think" about what's going and before the UI fixes itself.

Santiako

I couldn't sneak, was seen every time, and the pyramids/rift travel won't work in there.

Or
just make Jahan (or wathever Air mage you are using) invisible and run past everything, the event at the end of the mines will teleport the rest of your party to him.
:p I got that by luck lol

That seemed awfully specific for a game that usually offers multiple ways to get past obstacles so I figured there'd be another way.

I tried for a long time to find another way but couldn't.

Or
just make Jahan (or wathever Air mage you are using) invisible and run past everything, the event at the end of the mines will teleport the rest of your party to him.

And this is exactly how I did it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Or

I tried that, but for some reason I couldn't get him to trigger the event. I must have done it out of order somehow.

This is definitely the easiest way, but it means you'll miss the opportunity to
kill the party of immaculates halfway through the mines

I tried that, but for some reason I couldn't get him to trigger the event. I must have done it out of order somehow.

This is definitely the easiest way, but it means you'll miss the opportunity to
kill the party of immaculates halfway through the mines

Umm no?
From the portal you can run past the bridge and arrive straight at the immaculates. I did that, talked them out of fighting me, talked to them, friended them, then burnt them all in my hellfire.

I was curious and wanted to see what the stretch goals were. Day/night was the last goal but wasn't met =/

I really hope they patch in that last stretch goal - it would add so much to the game. Since Larian has a history of remastering their games (see: Divinity 2) I think there's a good chance they'll do it at some point down the road.

That said, it would necessitate re-engineering pretty much every aspect of the game so I wouldn't blame them for deciding to do something else...

HoosTrax

I actually avidly hate night cycles in games because of its impact on playability / visibility. And that's not a great thing in a game like D:OS that is already almost a pixel-hunt adventure at times. (The dimly-lit Immaculate trial dungeon was particularly aggravating for me.)

In games that feature both day/night cycles and resting, I usually rest until it's daybreak again.

I was curious and wanted to see what the stretch goals were. Day/night was the last goal but wasn't met =/

That stretch was met (if you factor in Paypal donations), and Larian promised to add them. But they had underestimated the work it involved, so it was dropped in the end, and announced as such around the time the alpha was released.

I also don't think they will add them later on in a "remastered" version, because apparently it really was a whole lot of work. But who knows.

Maybesew

Just started last night, and had a question on classes. I'm not looking for any super specific advice, but I went with Ranger and Witch. Is this a reasonable duo?

Dario ff

Banned
That stretch was met (if you factor in Paypal donations), and Larian promised to add them. But they had underestimated the work it involved, so it was dropped in the end, and announced as such around the time the alpha was released.

I also don't think they will add them later on in a "remastered" version, because apparently it really was a whole lot of work. But who knows.
Adding the system now without having designed quests and locations for it in the first place seems pretty pointless anyway. Keep it for the sequel I say, with the game built with it in mind right from the start.

Alric

Just started last night, and had a question on classes. I'm not looking for any super specific advice, but I went with Ranger and Witch. Is this a reasonable duo?

Absolutely man, in the first town there is a warrior and mage you can get if you want a 4 man party and to add some extra spice to the skill set. If you want to keep it just them two it's also fine, just add some extra abilities to cover other roles as you level up and have a blast.

HoosTrax

Yep, that's basically what I played through the game using.

(although I did end up multi-classing into a Marksman+Rogue and Witch/Pyro/Geo eventually because I had points to spare and wanted to really cover all of the bases and use all of the spellbooks I came across)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Any duo is reasonable, the game has a completely open leveling system, so your initial choices really don't matter much in the long run regardless of what you pick.

Top Bottom