• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

Remy

Wait. It has the word "Renegade" on it, in gold print?

Shit. I feel like my Regular Edition preorder is so...so lame by comparison. Calling Gamestop right now to bump my edition.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
darkressurection said:
Oh man, those pics of the Case/Stand have totally vindicated my Renegade Pre Order.
Yeah, hopefully the controller feels more sturdy than the regular edition, given how many have complained about the regular controller feeling too plasticky.

dj-hero-renegade-edition-gallery-20091021015744745.jpg

dj-hero-renegade-edition-gallery-20091021015730527.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I dunno, renegade doesn't tempt me. Probably because my xbox is hooked up to the computer monitor so i'd put it on my desk and negate the need for a stand.

Fixed1979

The fact that the case actually looks decent provides a bit of relief. I was kinda worried it would be really really cheap, but it actually doesn't look too bad.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Wow that case is hawt. I aint droppin 200 bucks on that shit though.

Baker

Banned
Man... You guys sold me on the Renegade edition, but even with all the discounts, it's still $170. I'm going to have to wait 'till xmas.

Glad to see an official thread! I reserved the "Renegade Edition" at Gamestop earlier this week. I was already buying this game, but siad, to hell with with and went all out! I haven't been into any of the music games this gen. Rockband and guitar hero are cool and my family loves them, but I'm not into them. but THIS game brings back dreams of being a DJ from my high school days. Roomed with a DJ in college and got a TRUE appreciation for the work they put in and the skill it takes to be truly good.

It didn't help that I got the hands on demo at my local Best Buy, I was already sold, but having sampled the game I'm just mad that I won't have my game and controller until next week. This game is SO much fin, and the tracks are simply awesome. i feel like a kids waiting on Christmas!

*justifies this to myself*

"well, I'm not really hyped for a ton of other games, and I love hip-hop and music games in general, so it'll probably be worth it...Hey, it has a case, so I can feel better organized compared to all my other plastic instruments...has about 80 different mixes in it, that's a pretty decent amount...I mean, people are spending a ton of money on night vision goggles, Beatles instruments, and steering wheels, so this ain't so bad...I already rap and I will probably get turntables in the future so you can't use the "make some real hip-hop" argument on me..."

Baker

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
So they have different mash ups (is that the right word) for songs? I just remember there was a video for Ice Ice Baby vs. U Can't Touch This.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I checked out the OP and saw it. I try to shy away from complete set lists so I have some surprise to look forward to.

XiaNaphryz

Baker said:
So they have different mash ups (is that the right word) for songs? I just remember there was a video for Ice Ice Baby vs. U Can't Touch This.
Yeah, some songs are in multiple mash ups. I believe it's all listed in the OP now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Renegade Edition looks even better than I expected, especially the case...

And to the dude that got it already for 79 euros, you'll a lucky guy - I'd definitely buy at that price, damn...

Too bad that there's no deal like that here...

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Watching the interview with the producer I noticed something. You can detach the turntable and snap it to the other side of the mixer for lefty flip. And you know what that means? You could potentially snap ANOTHER turntable to the other side and have two turntables like a real DJ setup! Yup thats whats in store for DJ Hero 2 Im callin it now.

kaskade

I wasn't super excited about the Renegade edition just by the turntable but that case is sick. I'm not too sure if it's worth the extra 80 bucks that I don't have right now. Comeon amazon, get the damn ECA deal back up.

Baker

Banned
ThePeacemaker02 said:
I wasn't super excited about the Renegade edition just by the turntable but that case is sick. I'm not too sure if it's worth the extra 80 bucks that I don't have right now. Comeon amazon, get the damn ECA deal back up.
I keep adding it to my cart and taking it out in hopes it shows up in my Gold Box in the next couple days.

I had that system set up extremely well until I made the mistake of deleting some of my browsing history. Even though it was only a couple things, it completely reset my Gold Box setup (like I didn't even have it for a couple days).

Baker

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Did I hear right that most likely the tables wont be compatible with future games?
That sounds ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past them to be all "we added a fourth colored button!!!!11"

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Did I hear right that most likely the tables wont be compatible with future games?
I believe they said it won't be compatible with other DJ games (the only of which is Scratch: The Ultimate DJ) but it will probably work fine for when they make DJH 2

Fixed1979

darkressurection said:
I believe they said it won't be compatible with other DJ games (the only of which is Scratch: The Ultimate DJ) but it will probably work fine for when they make DJH 2

This.

I would be shocked that they would be so brazen as to not have new games backwards compatible...but it is Activision.

Yeah, the same Activision who lets you play GH5 with a GH1 controller (on PS2) and a GH2 one (on 360). Bastards!

Seriously, I hope they just add Expert+ in DJ 2 and let you hook up two turntables. IMAGINE THE AWESOME.

XiaNaphryz

Fixed1979 said:
This.

I would be shocked that they would be so brazen as to not have new games backwards compatible...but it is Activision.
Nah, requiring a new controller in the future would mean more development costs in designing, building, testing, then mass producing it.

Now, offering an optional add-on you can snap to the other side of the mixer, THAT I can see happening, similar to what tapedeck mentioned above. Making it optional and connect to the existing controller would save money on design and production.

Captain N

TheGreatDave said:
Yeah, the same Activision who lets you play GH5 with a GH1 controller (on PS2) and a GH2 one (on 360). Bastards!

Seriously, I hope they just add Expert+ in DJ 2 and let you hook up two turntables. IMAGINE THE AWESOME.

i think someone pretty much said that was going to happen with dj hero 2. they just want to break people in with this one. He said he didn't want it to be too hard for people.

darkressurection said:

OOOOOHHHH, ok. cuz i was like"no way im paying 200 for these and they dont work with other dj games" Scratch doesnt look good to me at all after watching these videos.

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I just want them to add guitar/bass or some kind of vocal support for every song. As it is right now, it's a pretty shitty party game unless taking turns is your kind of thing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Baker said:
I just want them to add guitar/bass or some kind of vocal support for every song. As it is right now, it's a pretty shitty party game unless taking turns is your kind of thing.

Don't worry, DJ Hero 2 will allow 8 people to form a DJ Band

XiaNaphryz

Baker said:
Yeah, there's only 10 total tracks that support the guitar in this one.

Wario64 said:
Don't worry, DJ Hero 2 will allow 8 people to form a DJ Band
DJ Band Hero Dance Party World Tour Special Edition

Baker

Banned
Well if I can hold off for a couple weeks, amazon just bumped their MW2 preorder promo credit to fricking $20.

Have the game (normal edition Wii)! It's out everywhere in Germany (heh!)

Oh Hell yeah; so much fun; you have to unlock everything but that's fine. Hope I can unlock Daft Punk before I go to Brussels to visit my brother (I take this with me!) and go to "I love Techno" :3

ghostmind

I am completely torn on this... not a big fan of hip hop, but I do like techno/dance. I can't stand the Guitar Hero presentation style, though this seems like a different take. But it just seems FUN. I would get the Renegade if I were to pick it up...

Fixed1979

DevelopmentArrested said:
Two q's..

will the Renegade edition be extremely limited aka can i buy it in stores without preordering

Not sure of the answer for that, we probably won't know until stores start receing their shipments.

...that was only one question.

Out of curiosity, is there any way a soundtrack will be available with some of these mixes on them? Some of this stuff I could definitely listen to casually.

XiaNaphryz

Ninja_Hawk said:
Out of curiosity, is there any way a soundtrack will be available with some of these mixes on them? Some of this stuff I could definitely listen to casually.
My guess is probably not, due to the licensing/royalty nightmare a soundtrack for this would entail. There's supposed to be a "party background mode" where you can just let tracks play straight through without playing, I'm sure people will use that to rip the tracks themselves.

mileS

tapedeck said:
Watching the interview with the producer I noticed something. You can detach the turntable and snap it to the other side of the mixer for lefty flip. And you know what that means? You could potentially snap ANOTHER turntable to the other side and have two turntables like a real DJ setup! Yup thats whats in store for DJ Hero 2 Im callin it now.

Yea in the IGN video interview with DJ Shadow it shows somebody playing it lefty style. Wasn't sure if this was confirmed yet but its good news.

kaskade

What if I buy the renegade edition DJ Hero 2 comes along and I can add another turn table. THEY WON'T MATCH. Or they will make me buy a whole new set.

On a more serious note, does anyone know when the review embargo is lifted?

Top Bottom