• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

SoulFist

Can't speak about the Eminem songs, but all those Jay-Z songs have been released already. Man I was hoping for some kind of exclusive. +1 for having a song from Reasonable Doubt on there.

I totally admit I haven't been following this game since I saw it a long ass time ago, but is there a individual mixing aspect to this game? For instance, can you just go into "mix mode" and swap in and out song tracks and just play DJ in your own house?

I used to have a roommate that had turntables and awesome speakers and he would do that stuff all the time. It would be cool to allow that kind of experience.

That and my girlfriend is really wanting this game all of a sudden.

Stryder

It would be really awesome if they allowed you to combine tracks of your choosing together, somehow have the game beatmatch them for you and sync them up so they work well as a newly created combination.

Even if it were just for a select few tracks, you would select your "base" song and then it would give you a few options for others it was compatible to blend with.

It wouldn't have been toooo hard to implement, but then again I guess they have to save some features for DJ Hero 2, 3, etc.

Stryder said:
It would be really awesome if they allowed you to combine tracks of your choosing together, somehow have the game beatmatch them for you and sync them up so they work well as a newly created combination.

that's exactly what I'm talking about. Guess I'll have to wait until DJ Hero 2 then :lol

There should be a game mode where you just choose like 10 tracks, have your library set up, pick a tempo or a song as a base and just let you start mixing stuff together as you feel like it. Basically a DJ sim.

Oh well.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The unreleased Em track sucks.

"I'm that guy man, stick a diamond up my hind-end
... And crush it with my butt muscles while I (?) bubbles"

pelican

Got this pre-ordered for next week. I just wish there were more "electronic" tracks similar to Daft Punk than Hip Hop orientated. Just prefer that type of music.

Still, looks much more fun than the latest incarnation of Guitar Hero 5.

dogmanstaruk said:
Got this pre-ordered for next week. I just wish there were more "electronic" tracks similar to Daft Punk than Hip Hop orientated. Just prefer that type of music.

Still, looks much more fun than the latest incarnation of Guitar Hero 5.
Yeah, definitely more Daft Punk and Justice.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
So with this preorder bullshit is it like Ratchet & Clank where I can eventually get this bonus content in the game through other means or am I out of luck if I want something like that exclusive Daft Punk level?

God such an annoying fucking trend.

XiaNaphryz said:
Just throw in a quick opposite scratch between the two is my guess so that you can do the 2nd scratch in the pattern on time perhaps? Assuming the opposite scratch won't break your combo.

Where's that Activision QA dude from the old DJ Hero thread? He should know. :lol

I work at FSG.
There are harder tracks than Groundhog, rockit and Beats and Pieces are SOLID!

Did anyone else find it a bit ackward to scratch while holding the innermost button? It feels like you don't have enough leverage on the turntable. I tried using my thumb to push on the outer edge of the turntable but it just felt wrong.

mileS

I feel so filthy for wanting the Renegade Edition...

I've yet to buy any of these GH or Rock Band games so that's the only justification I have. I just play all that stuff at my friends place.

evilchicken said:
Did anyone else find it a bit ackward to scratch while holding the innermost button? It feels like you don't have enough leverage on the turntable. I tried using my thumb to push on the outer edge of the turntable but it just felt wrong.

I did have that issue while trying it out at Best Buy. I figure it might just be one of those things you have to get used to. I'm sure you can help it along by using your thumb on the outside of the record.

Stormwatch said:
I did have that issue while trying it out at Best Buy. I figure it might just be one of those things you have to get used to. I'm sure you can help it along by using your thumb on the outside of the record.
Or you can use the option to have the buttons on the outside (the highway is then flipped). That way, you can use your index finger for the inner button. Haven't tried it though.

eznark

Banned
I prefer the other official thread.

I played this at Best Buy on Monday. Not a fan, and the controller is a cheap plasticky piece of crap.

If the Scratch controller is better maybe I'll pick up DJ Hero separately (if it's even possible).

I did not know I needed this game, stood at a Best Buy demo station(which was off) and messed with the table a bit. I now need this game, and not only that, I need the renegade edition, WTF! Is the best deal for me now going to be the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 free promo?

chico

i dont care for the game... but some of the tracks are great! i hope they release a cd with all the remixes.

Dyno

I'm not biting unless I try it somewhere and it turns out to be bloody amazing. Man this hobby is getting expensive if you don't reign yourself in.

That said, those Grandmaster Flash and Jazzy Jeff trailers were really cool. Nice to hear from those guys.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
scurrminator said:
I work at FSG.
Oops...well, when someone mentions they do QA it's usually on the publisher side, given that on the dev side it's usually a lot smaller team.

Fixed1979

Lots of hate hapening =(

I've had the Renegade pre-ordered for awhile now, can't wait until Tuesday to take it home.

1up

scurrminator said:
Oh and come on 1up - get the devs up there with the publisher in the OP ;-)

It was definitely there at one edit, dont know what happened to it. It's back now.

ultron87 said:
God damn that's awesome.

Edit: Also, are there any videos that show the rewind feature in action? I'm curious as to how that works (and have never been able to get a long enough streak on the demo at Best Buy).

2:15 in this video shows the rewind feature.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm gonna have to wait till christmas :( I'm aching for this game so hard but i don't have the money.

I got a preorder at Amazon.de while it was listed at 67 Euros, including postage that's £66. Bargain!

Hopefully the hardware holds up, I imagine replacing it may be difficult in that situation. Though I guess in Europe we all love one another and I may be able to get away with a German receipt...

Tek

I was not looking forward to this game until a few weeks ago and now I can't wait.

I do wish it was cheaper. :-/

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
TheChaos said:
I'm annoyed at the lack of Drum 'n Bass in general, you can scratch the shit out of some forms of that. I guess it's not mainstream enough or something (at least to American ears).

Gabber would be crazy awesome too.

Yeah, the tracklisting is extremely shallow in terms of EDM. That, plus the price tag, means I'm totally staying away.

That Somebody Told Me vs. Pjanoo mashup sounds fucking terrible and out-of-key, and I like both songs a lot!

I guess I will just start. Bought it today here in Munich at Müller near the main train station for 79,95€ due to a 20% off on everything week. So if anyone is living nearby, you should definitely check out that store.

1zm1iyt.jpg

104qmpe.jpg

ae5mae.jpg

s2v2n7.jpg

augxt2.jpg

10seteu.jpg

2s8pmhi.jpg

2m6a23b.jpg

rljbrk.jpg

Enjoy :)

Fixed1979

Mailenstein said:
I guess I will just start. Bought it today here in Munich at Müller near the main train station for 79,95€ due to a 20% off on everything week. So if anyone is living nearby, you should definitely check out that store.

Enjoy :)

Can't see the pics at work =(. Post some impressions when you can.

ghibli99

QuadCore said:
I want it, but I seriously cannot justify the price knowing that I'll see it for $20 down the line.
Maybe not $20, but I see $50 being pretty realistic later. If they're selling RB1&2 w/ the AC/DC disc for $79 shipped, you can bet DJ Hero will see similar price cuts later. That is, unless, Activision was smart and was realistic about how many units they're producing.

Top Bottom