• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DM-Urotsukidoji (UT 2004 by Angerlheart)

Name: DM-Urotsukidoji
Version: 1
Compatibility: UT2K4
Description: Based loosely on the opening sequence of the Manga movie of the same name
Comments: This was not built with game play in mind, just a fun map to explore, so frame rates will probably be bad on lower end machines. It's about 42MB DL

urot1.JPG

urot2.JPG

urot3.JPG

Angel is the same guy who did that kickass ut2003 blade runner map, his maps really arnt for gameplay but just to take a tour through as they are HUGE and VERY detailed.

Download

suikodan

Thanks for the reference, I personnally loved the Urotsukidoji animes. I expect to see the orgasmotron with all the women attached to it :)

Eric-GCA

Banned
lol, I too wonder if he built that massive "orgasmatron" machine with all the women strapped to it as well. But I'm guessing there are no character models in this little demo. Still, unbelievable attention to detail regarding the setting of the Nazi facility.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Eric-GCA said:
lol, I too wonder if he built that massive "orgasmatron" machine with all the women strapped to it as well. But I'm guessing there are no character models in this little demo. Still, unbelievable attention to detail regarding the setting of the Nazi facility.

Would that be the giant machine in the center of the building? There was something like that in the map (with women all around it) and it had like 4 floors or so around it.

I just played it, and it is a computer breaker. The teacups in the kitchen look like they are made out of 1000's of polygons. And the central chamber is enough to slow a x800 to a crawl.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I just played it as well. It is a very detailed map as many have said. I like it a lot. But I can't help but think it would have been better suited for a game like Rainbow Six III because of it's more realistic style.

It actually didn't run too bad on my system. It stutters here and there but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I have an Athlon XP and Radeon 9800. I think it would run better if the author spent more time optimizing the level. It could use some more anti-portals here and there. Then again, I'm pretty picky about that stuff.

Eric-GCA

Banned
My goodness, I wonder how long it takes for someone by themself to create so much detail? I've thought about trying some modding later in my career once I'm learned enough of 3DSMAX and MAYA, and the Half Life 2 mod tools (from what I remember) are supposed to be good.

Props to this guy for the detail, I'm blown away. Blllllooooooooooown!

And to think I thought I was an Urotsukidoji fanboy, but this guy is truly the wiz.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Hmm, I must be dense cause I'm not sure what Ferrio is referring to with his "shemale" content, other than the women in the pics. I guess I don't know how the comment came up in regards to mapping, but maybe it has to do with mappers not being able to model well or something?

Or, he was reffering to my post as I called this mapper a guy and was correcting me that Angel is a girl.

Yusaku

ZombieSupaStar said:
Angel is the same guy who did that kickass ut2003 blade runner map, his maps really arnt for gameplay but just to take a tour through as they are HUGE and VERY detailed.

Is this by Angel Mapper, aka the scary crossdressing/tranny map maker?

Ferrio

Banned
Eric-GCA said:
Hmm, I must be dense cause I'm not sure what Ferrio is referring to with his "shemale" content, other than the women in the pics. I guess I don't know how the comment came up in regards to mapping, but maybe it has to do with mappers not being able to model well or something?

Or, he was reffering to my post as I called this mapper a guy and was correcting me that Angel is a girl.

He..., well I guess she is a transsexual. Eitherway a godess among mappers.

RachelBerkeley.jpg

Eric-GCA

Banned
damnit, just the comparison I didn't need, an Urotsukidoji fanboy who's not even a boy, or is that "not even a girl?"

Guess I'll just refer to the person as "it".

I just finished play around on the map. The level of detail in this map is astounding. The author said that they did this while they were sick (if I read the readme correctly). You can even crawl around in the attic and peep into the shower through a crack in the floor (and it's lined up perfectly too). It took me 15 minutes in fly by mode to examine the majority of this map (and I still didn't find all the nooks and crannys). The author has some talent and gets props for making such an original and unique piece.

Who the heck would've thought that Urotsukidoji could've inspired something like this?! I didn't know this was the same person who designed the 'Dusk 'til Dawn' map for UT. That was one of my favorite fan maps for UT and still awesome to thid day. If you've haven't played/explored it you must. Scaled straight from the movie, and looks and plays very well. I will say that when this map author put their mind to something they go all out. I mean how much of the mansion did we even see in the anime? Good stuff!

BenT

Eric-GCA said:
damnit, just the comparison I didn't need, an Urotsukidoji fanboy who's not even a boy, or is that "not even a girl?"

Guess I'll just refer to the person as "it".
I'm sure she would prefer "she."

Not much fucking empathy in this bunch, is there?

BenT said:
I'm sure she would prefer "she."

Not much fucking empathy in this bunch, is there?

Empathy in the GAF?! Are you mad?! I could care less what some people here think. I'm giving props to this author's talent and creativity. I could care less about there personal business/lifestyle. This map is unique and showcases this person's creativity. I will be looking for more maps by this author. ;)

Top Bottom