• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you retro game? (games 20+ years old)

Do you retro game

• Yes

Votes: 106 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Naw dawg, I need multiplayer to Marc nOObZ

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Fight 揍 GIF by ChuChu X BoBo X FrankFox

Last edited:

HyperSeg

Neo Member
Hell yeah. I am even playing the games that I should have played back then. Right now, I am playing Shadow Warrior (who wants some Wang?) and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and have many more lined up. I am playing them on an actual Windows 98 PC, which are so much more fun than modern PCs. I also loaded up Broken Sword 1 from the original 1996 CD and that game has not aged one iota.

Kupfer

Playing Mega Man Zero (GBA 2002) for the first time right now - also my first Mega Man video game ever.
It's super fun so far, but also quiete hard for a GameBoy game.

l6nZYiY.jpeg

Also played a lot of THPS 1/2 (PS1) recently

Last edited:

cireza

Why would I spend time playing a perfectly crafted, interesting, with great visuals and soundtrack, excellently paced 20 years RPG when I can play the overrated, bloated, with ridiculous and never-ending social shit, including repetitive and brain-dead battles, poorly designed modern RPG that gets released nowadays ?

Last edited:

Sojiro

Yes, very frequently honestly. I have a fairly decent physical collection across four consoles (PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, and GCN) not to mention most of the mini consoles that have released and modded with more than the initial games that came on them. I am currently playing Skies of Arcadia for the first time, and also have been trying out The Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES.

Podge

Neo Member
This year I fell madly in love with the STG and Fighting genres, and almost all of the titles in my rotation would qualify as retro. Switch has really been my MVP this year for my gaming catalog with such deep libraries in both genres. Cave, Treasure, and prime Capcom and SNK are all titans of retro gaming whose catalogs I've been diving into since summertime.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yes but hated Atari 2600 then and now.

Nes plus SMS is the oldest I play and if it wasn't for retro in general many of the games I play today wouldn't exist.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Almost exclusively. I got tired of agenda driven bullshit and play where it's just fun. Right now I'm playing every N64 3d fighting game and comparing them all. Tonight is Mace: The Dark Age.

Last edited:
I occasionally play some Atari 800 games I used to enjoy as a callow youth. There's a lot of jank and borderline unplayable games from back then, but stuff like Blue Max, Montezuma's Revenge, Dropzone, MULE and Boulderdash are still really good. There's also a decent homebrew scene going too, a superb Prince of Persia conversion is amongst recent highlights.

In more recent games, Caesar 3 and Pharaoh get played every few years, and I still dip into games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Hostile Waters and Dungeon Keeper.

HogIsland

Yes I got a few secret NES titles I hope to brazenly copy in my own game some day. Are we counting PS3 as "retro" now? because I check in on quite a few of those (warhawk, fat princess, mgs4, killzone 2).

Frequently. The classics are classics for a reason, and even if certain aspects of a game don't hold up to modern standards, they can still be enjoyable and appreciated as such.

Top Bottom