• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Docs attach woman's colon to her vagina in botched cancer surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Poor woman doesn't know if she's coming or going.

giphy.gif

Alienous

That seems like something you'd have to go out of your way to do.

I'm no surgeon but I have to imagine an accident like that takes a dedicated effort.

Poison_Idea

Neo Member
Unfortunately, pretty easy if your facility is being negligent on patient I.D. and safety protocol. Likely they did the right procedure on the wrong patient.

Yes. There's another woman suing the hospital for not attaching her colon to her vagina that the site misses to mention

dragomix

Neo Member
To add some perspective about how doctors, and hospitals in general, work in this part of the world. I, by the way, live in Serbia, Macedonia`s northern neighbor.

Doctors are under-payed, and work for 600-1000 $ a month. Corruption is totally normal, and if you want job done, and done right, you pay 100-200$ for any kind of intervention. You give doctor a present, and in its wrapping he finds the money. They are often drunk on the job (i think this is what happen here), and make a lot mistakes because lack of training and experience (all experienced ones are going to west Europe to work for better pay). Mistakes like forgetting instruments inside patients, cutting someones good leg even if he came for hart surgery and so on. All hospitals are public hospitals, and average working citizen is paying something like 300-400$ a year for mandatory health care. There are private hospitals, insurance doesn't cover them, and they are expensive, often used by wealthy few only.

So, former Yugoslavia is a shitty place to get sick.

Shredderi

How do you fuck up this bad? I don't ask in a condescending and blaming manner, I'm truly curious. I want to see a video of the procedure with the surgeon's commentary on top of the video. What the fucking fuck?

This is honestly the most impressive fuck up i've ever heard of

I mean, i'm no physician, but this can't be that easy to do right?

"But I poop from there!"

"Not tonight you d-...wait"

Dalek

To add some perspective about how doctors, and hospitals in general, work in this part of the world. I, by the way, live in Serbia, Macedonia`s northern neighbor.

Doctors are under-payed, and work for 600-1000 $ a month. Corruption is totally normal, and if you want job done, and done right, you pay 100-200$ for any kind of intervention. You give doctor a present, and in its wrapping he finds the money. They are often drunk on the job (i think this is what happen here), and make a lot mistakes because lack of training and experience (all experienced ones are going to west Europe to work for better pay). Mistakes like forgetting instruments inside patients, cutting someones good leg even if he came for hart surgery and so on. All hospitals are public hospitals, and average working citizen is paying something like 300-400$ a year for mandatory health care. There are private hospitals, insurance doesn't cover them, and they are expensive, often used by wealthy few only.

Holy shit.

acohrs

god this is terrifying, this is my worst fear. Films like Tusk and Human Centipede are my biggest phobias, so to see a news story like this is just making me want to go to the corner of the office, curl up into a ball, and cry myself to sleep.

Kudos to that lady, it takes a lot of resilience to have that done to you and then publicly admit to it and seek justice. Go her!

Vagabundo

Jesus. I thought our health service was bad!

acohrs

How is having your colon attached to your vagina your biggest fear? You must lead a very interesting life!

haha sorry wasn't specific, I mean botched surgeries or body mutilation!

It would be a very specific fear though to be scared of having your colon attached to your vagina, you're right! vaginatocolonophobia?

King Al B

Wait, is she shitting from her va-jay-jay?

What the hell.. but im pretty sure she could make some cash with some crazy fetish site.

🎶 The butt bones connected to the -- pussy bone.
The pussy bones connected to the -- butt bone!
I know my a-nat-to-my! 🎶

Yeah I was going to say I wouldn't be surprised if they were drunk on the job. I have a cousin there and they botched her leg surgery and now she has a limp (This was like 20 years ago).

E92 M3

That is an insane amount of medical negligence. Did a college freshmen perform the surgery? I can't imagine a trained surgeon making such a huge anatomical mistake.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sue the living fuck out of them "surgeons."
How do you fuck this up so badly? Were they operating with fucking blindfolds on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom