• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games |OT| Ep1 - City of the Daleks

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
OMG Aero said:
So yeah, it sounds like it would be against the ToS to download the game currently on the UK website for free if you don't live in the UK.
Sounds like someone from the UK playing the game while in a foreign country would be braking the ToS as well. As a UK citizen living in the US I don't feel bad about playing this.

OMG Aero

honeymustardn said:
Is it just me or can you not change the resolution? For some reason it doesn't automatically update the resolution you choose, you have to reset the game (what a great idea). But when you do reset, it doesn't save your resolution that you chose?
The resolution changed for me after restarting the game. Does it not change for you when you change the graphic quality either?

poppabk said:
Sounds like someone from the UK playing the game while in a foreign country would be braking the ToS as well. As a UK citizen living in the US I don't feel bad about playing this.
To be honest, I don't really see what difference that makes. Do you actively pay the BBC's license fee now? Because if not then just by paying it in the past doesn't mean you funded the games development like people living in the UK now have.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
OMG Aero said:
To be honest, I don't really see what difference that makes. Do you actively pay the BBC's license fee now? Because if not then just by paying it in the past doesn't mean you funded the games development like people living in the UK now have.
Well people who don't have a TV and thus don't pay the license fee in the UK are still free to download this, so I feel about as guilty as they should if they download the game.

JonathanEx said:
It's not so much that specifically - it just is another bullet point on the "lack of polish" with this game. It just seems silly to release a few days early before it's done for no reason. It's more about how the BBC have treated it rather than it's out before it's done.

The BBC have never done anything like this before. They wanted to test the water before the official release on Saturday. Simple, really.

nli10

Really enjoyed it. For free I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah - it's a bit easy but the collectable cards are a nice touch (I got 3 doctors & 2 jelly beans), and the visible scan radars of the Daleks are a much better way of handling it than 90% of stealth games.

very mild spoiler -
The final 3D maze of the Daleks
in Act 3 is frankly a classic moment of gaming and impossible to do in the TV show effectively.

I think that 10 year olds could finish this fairly easily with a bit of hand holding initially.

8/10 - First decent TV based game AND first decent Dr. Who game ever. Dr. Win.

Be interesting to see how they handle the official launch - think it's not tomorrow but next Sat after the 'final' episode.

RetroMG

nli10 said:
Be interesting to see how they handle the official launch - think it's not tomorrow but next Sat after the 'final' episode.

Final episode is June 26th. Game launches tomorrow, but if they release one ep a week, the last one will coincide with the final episode.

Top Bottom