• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know if the Pro-Action Replay works on the new PS2?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Anyone???

That's the only thing preventing me from upgrading. I was already thinking about buying a network adapter for my existing PS2 but since EB is having that trade in offer I can just get a new model PS2 with the network adapter built in for a little more than the cost of the adapter by itself. I just want to make sure it works first.

Baron

Is this Pro Action Replay you're talking about merely a swappable disc that allows Gameshark-esque cheat codes?

Because I am interested in a solution for playing import games on my PSTwo, and if these Action Replay discs let you play imports....then YAY.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Baron said:
Is this Pro Action Replay you're talking about merely a swappable disc that allows Gameshark-esque cheat codes?

Because I am interested in a solution for playing import games on my PSTwo, and if these Action Replay discs let you play imports....then YAY.

Yup, its swapable. The thing is, sometimes even the regular PS2 will detect that it isn't a real PS2 disc and you have to play with it to get it to work... so I have doubts about it working at all in the new model (which is the reason for this thread). I don't think it will let you play imports though (but I could be wrong).

mosaic

go eat paint
I feel your pain. I had to buy an upgrade disc when I bought a + model PS2. Damn thing would give me the dreaded pink screen with my old GameShark discs.

Top Bottom