• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Canada have an Olympic basketball team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
'cause the FUCK if I'm going to root for this bunch of chuckleheads that affiliate themselves with my damn country. I figure America Jr. is the next best hometeam I can support when playing abroad in Athens.

GOD DAMNIT WILL, I SAID NO MORE FUCKING CAPSL-... oh.... oh, good.....

And yes, we do have a team. Nash is the only worthwhile player now that McCulloh has developed retard disease or whatever. I think there are a handful of NBA players on our squad, but I'm pretty sure Nash is the only one that can make a difference.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mike Works said:
GOD DAMNIT WILL, I SAID NO MORE FUCKING CAPSL-... oh.... oh, good.....

And yes, we do have a team. Nash is the only worthwhile player now that McCulloh has developed retard disease or whatever. I think there are a handful of NBA players on our squad, but I'm pretty sure Nash is the only one that can make a difference.

Go Nash, go!

calder

As keynote speaker at the Dunkers' civic breakfast yesterday, Bob Knight talked about the lack of responsibility of some of today's youth and athletes and "the inexplicable selection of Allen Iverson as a captain of the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team."
-- Pioneer Press (8/3)

Agreeing with Knight is usually a good way to know you're on the wrong side of an issue, but I don't know if you two are talking about exactly the same thing in regards to the US team.

But to answer your question - no I don't think so. We do have a baseball team going, unlike SOME PEOPLE *COUGH COUGH*.

EDIT: oh, are you talking about this debacle? That looks bad.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I know I'm cheering for...Uh...shit...what the fuck country does Darko come from? Is he playing on their team? Go Darko!

Willco

Hollywood Square
It has nothing to do with Allen Iverson, a talented individual player, but more to do with the fact that they were just humiliated by Italy of all countries in today's exhibition. I mean, friggin' ITALY!

calder

Too late Willco, you shall forever be known as that guy who agrees with Bobby Knight. I'd suggest a tag indicating same, but that'd be pretty harsh.

Orion

The Canadian National Team didn't qualify last year. Nash was pretty much the only good player on the team.

Fifty

651-bobbyknight.jpg

"Calder! Get your ass back here and explain yourself!!"

edit: Damn, my timing really sucks.

Shinobi

Fuck Bobby Knight and anyone who defends him.

Jamal Magloire could make a difference for the Canadian team...he's probably a second tier big man in the NBA now, an excellent rebounder with an adequate number of moves around the basket and broad based strength. Made the all star team in the east (his Hornets move to the west next season), and was one of the best players in that game. Just a shame he didn't play for Canada last year...he could've really made a difference.

As for Italy destroying the US, that's just too embarassing for words. I can't laugh about it either, as there are several players on that team that I'm huge fans of and want to see succeed (the 2002 team was bland as vanilla so I really didn't care that they got torched). They'd better hope that was a minor setback.

DJ_Tet

Banned
belgurdo said:
Everything except his coaching ability

And even that's under question sometimes

Yeah it's pretty easy to win 3 NCAA Championships. It's real damn easy to go undefeated.

You suck, and everyone who hates Knight sucks.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Actually 1987. And he's the last coach to take a team undefeated in the NCAA.

edit: Jamal Magloire a second tier NBA player? I'm a/was a Hornets fan man. He's a second tier NBA Eastern Conference Center, not quite the same as a second tier NBA Player. Guess I can disregard your NBA opinions just like I disregarded your NCAA opinions.

Thanks for playing though.

Shinobi

Shinobi said:
Jamal Magloire could make a difference for the Canadian team...he's probably a second tier big man in the NBA now

Hmmmmmm...radar has detected something.

Shinobi said:
Jamal Magloire could make a difference for the Canadian team...he's probably a second tier big man in the NBA now

Looks like something...moving closer to isolate.

Shinobi said:
second tier big man

Calling mission control to confirm target...

Shinobi said:

Target confirmed, we've got a lock...firing missle.

bomb.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a direct hit!

Applause.jpg

And now, a parting word from Tom Cruise...

"Thank you for playing, 'Should we or should we not follow the advice of the galactically stupid!!'"

And just to clear something up (since misreading seems to be all you're good for in this thread), no one said Bobby Knight wasn't a good coach. He's simply not a good human being from what I've seen. Others like yourself will swear by him, and I respect that. But I still say fuck him. And that's just the way it is.

I'm a life long Indiana Hoosier fan. Bob Knight is a complete psycho but I'd bet a million bucks if he coached and selected Team USA they would win every game by at least 25.

Shinobi

I tend to agree...then again Larry Brown's as good a coach as there is on the planet, yet the US is needing buzzer beaters to get past fucking Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom