• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Domino’s Come To Customer’s Rescue After Noticing He Hadn’t Ordered Pizza Recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Domino’s Workers Come To Customer’s Rescue After Noticing He Hadn’t Ordered Pizza Recently

Employees at the Domino’s were concerned after they hadn’t received an order from a regular customer in 11 days, KOIN.com reports.

He’s been ordering from that location since 2009, the general manager says.

“He orders every day, every other day,” she told the news station. “His order pops up on the screen because he orders online. So we see it come across the screen and we’re like, ‘Oh, Kirk’s order.’”

After they realized the unusual gap in his orders, the manager sent one of the pizza delivery drivers to the customer’s home to check on him, knowing that the man has health issues.

When the driver arrived, he saw lights on and heard the TV, but no one answered the door and the phone went straight to voicemail. He called for help, and when paramedics arrived, they found the customer lying on the ground in his house. It’s believed he had a stroke, but it’s not clear when he was affected.

The manager says she’s visited him in the hospital, and though he didn’t talk much, he smiled. She called him “an important customer,” saying he’s part of the family at Domino’s.

“I think we were just doing our job checking in on someone we know who orders a lot,” she said. “We felt like we needed to do something.”

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Now that's what I call customer service. I'm serious too, that is going above and beyond in my opinion and could very well have saved this guys life. Of course some might think its going too far on the Domino's employees part but it seems like these people have their hearts in the right place, I'd order some pizza from them.

That is legit amazing, although let's not think what seven straight years of sodium and fat in Dominos pizza does to your blood pressure.

Zoe

Wow, how was he able to survive without help for more than a week after his stroke? :(

What a heartwarming story, it's so lovely that the Dominoes team were so worried that their regular hadn't given them any money in over 10 DAYS, they personally went to his house to see what the fuck was going on. Thank fuck there wasn't a Pizza Hut box there, might have left him.

That is legit amazing, although let's not think what seven straight years of sodium and fat in Dominos pizza does to your blood pressure.
They know he has health issues and he has eaten pizza every day for 7 years. I'm really surprised he hasn't changed it up and at least gotten pizza from somewhere else.

Little Ceasar would've broken in and taken his wallet.

Papa John would've urinated on his front door while piss drunk.

KyIU51m.gif

Amory

Jesus. Nice story but god...ordering so much pizza that they're literally concerned about you if they don't hear from you for 11 days?

That's a fuck ton of pizza.

Kinda weird to have it framed as a customer relationship when they acted like friends. Like why make it a business thing when they probably acted out of the value of their personal relationship? Being a good person is better than being a business that acts like a good person.

Instro

The manager says she’s visited him in the hospital, and though he didn’t talk much, he smiled. She called him “an important customer,” saying he’s part of the family at Domino’s.

They make the pizza dough out of people.

Little Ceasar would've broken in and taken his wallet.
I actually remember a story very much like this involving Little Caesar's and an elderly woman, and pretty much the same thing happened as here: when she stopped making her regular order, they believed something was wrong and found she had fallen and broken her hip, preventing her from moving.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Real talk

One year during college I ordered sooo much pizza I got a Christmas card and poinsettia during the Holidays. Delivery guy just randomly showed up and was like Happy Holidays.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This is the second or third time someone's life has been saved because they order pizza so much that the pizza shop thought it was weird they hadn't ordered in a while.

I'm going to start eating pizza everyday.

I actually remember a story very much like this involving Little Caesar's and an elderly woman, and pretty much the same thing happened as here: when she stopped making her regular order, they believed something was wrong and found she had fallen and broken her hip, preventing her from moving.

Pizza the Hut would've stood outside her window and watched her slowly die while touching himself.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Kudos to Domino's, and sorry about the guy having a stroke.

That's an exorbitant amount pizza though. Eating that much pizza is likely to give you health problems.

Dalek

If it were 15 minutes before closing time, they sure as hell wouldn't have checked in on him though, from what I've read.

Makonero

when you don't have friends or family to look out for you its nice to see a store appreciate your patronage enough to check in

Yep. Usually you have a good relationship with your regulars. We had one guy when I worked at Domino's who was disabled and would talk your ear off if you let him. For some of these people, it's likely one of the few social experiences they have during the day.

Nah I was talking about my boy, we call him Little Ceasar.

He works for Papa John.

Not Papa John's Pizza, this guy down the road who we call Papa John. He owns a sandwich shop.

Little Ceasar delivers Papa John's subway sandwiches.

Not that Subway.

Wereroku

If it were 15 minutes before closing time, they sure as hell wouldn't have checked in on him though, from what I've read.

So edgy. You show those people in that old thread.

Edit: I can't even tell sarcasm anymore I need to stay off the internet.

jonezer4

Exactly. Yeah it's great that he ordered enough for them to realize something might be wrong, but had he not ordered from them that much, good chance something might not be wrong.

Tansut

This is an awesome loyalty rewards program. Buy enough of their shit to kill you, they'll take you to the hospital for free.

Dominos working with emergency services to make a new web app where you can see the paramedics responding to your health crisis in real time.

"Fernando double-checked the defibrillators at 9:42"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom