• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga - The US Commercial (download inside, fellas!)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Wow if real musicians play DK, it must be good! Seriously tho, It was doing ok till they had the close ups of the white dude. Anyone else find it funny that the dude with the mushroom shirt kept looking around not at the beats, more like paranoid about wearing a Nintendo shirt in public?

Memles

Cut down on the idiotic shots on them playing, stick to the entering shot and then just hands on the drums, and then right to the Logo and then that...and much better.

Gametrailers is mistaken. That is the E3 trailer, NOT a tv commercial. Start screens have never been shown in commercials, and there is nothing of "Who Are You?", the whisper, or anyother promotional material.

Matlock

Banned
Are you sure? I don't recall any of that in the E3 trailer, except a similarity in the white dude's face. In fact, I thought the E3 trailer only had one person playing it.

Memles

Robert-GCA said:
Gametrailers is mistaken. That is the E3 trailer, not a tv commercial.

But one has to assume that at least the first parts will be used in the ad campaign.

Matlock said:
Are you sure? I don't recall any of that in the E3 trailer, except a similarity in the white dude's face. In fact, I thought the E3 trailer only had one person playing it.

Your probably thinking of DK: Junlg Beat. I'm positive its the E3 trailer, check it out here in the extras section. I encoded that thing multiple times.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Robert-GCA said:
Your probably thinking of DK: Junlg Beat. I'm positive its the E3 trailer, check it out here in the extras section. I encoded that thing multiple times.

Extras

No articles related to game.

BTW Could you please fix you PHP prob?

It has been that way for over a month,

Warning: main(includes/header_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/advanced/public_html/game.php on line 1

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/header_.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:./:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/advanced/public_html/game.php on line 1
Donkey Konga

olimario

Banned
dork1.jpg
dork2.jpg

Sold!

Society said:
Extras

No articles related to game.

BTW Could you please fix you PHP prob?

It has been that way for over a month,

Warning: main(includes/header_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/advanced/public_html/game.php on line 1

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/header_.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:./:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/advanced/public_html/game.php on line 1
Donkey Konga

The php is fine, you prob just need to go to the splash page to select a language first. This will be fixed soon as I am told. Its a cookie thng.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It looks like a commericial to me, obviously they'll add the Gamecube logo and whipser at the end, and probably make it a bit shorter

p.s. the commerical/video kinda sucks

Hero

As long as the demo kiosks stay up throughout the holiday season I have no doubt that it'll fly off the shelves.

AniHawk

Wow. That was as bad as the American Metroid Prime commercial (and yes, I've read all the posts in this thread).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This is the video found on the Donkey Konga Kiosk disc.

I doubt this is what they would use for a commercial as well.

I emailed GameTrailers to find out, and here is the reply I got back:

You're totally right. The E3 2004 trailer slipped through the cracks and that video was posted by mistake. We'll let it get a 2nd run through the newest list and make the correction in the vault. Thanks for noticing!

Brandon

I know my commercials and trailers ^_^.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
olimario said:

My oh my, what limp wrists he has.

That ending was too cheesy for me. But I'm sure there will be people that like it.

Robert-GCA said:
I emailed GameTrailers to find out, and here is the reply I got back:

I know my commercials and trailers ^_^.

I was backing up someone saying the same thing on the IGNboards. It went pretty much ignored as usual :D

I've posted your quote but I don't know if they'll believe it, as they're watching the version Nphiles has hosted.

radioheadrule83 said:
I was backing up someone saying the same thing on the IGNboards. It went pretty much ignored as usual :D

I've posted your quote but I don't know if they'll believe it, as they're watching the version Nphiles has hosted.

Hehe, that is me on IGN (Berto2K) also. I went to post the email i got there as well, but you just beat me to it. And ya, they are ignoring my post for the most part there as well.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm incredibly relieved that the commercial shows actual 20-somethings playing the game and not little kids. I know the game rocks so I could give two shits about my own "image," but Nintendo needs all the help they can get in that department.

GDJustin said:
I'm incredibly relieved that the commercial shows actual 20-somethings playing the game and not little kids. I know the game rocks so I could give two shits about my own "image," but Nintendo needs all the help they can get in that department.

Its not a commercial......-___-.

Dragmire

gametrailers.com also has some horrible Wind Waker advertisement from ebgames as the Wind Waker tv commercial. It goes something like, "Here's a colorful adventure game you shouldn't buy."

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gah, I hate it when they do the "cut to another shot every second" crap. Wish they'd realize it's not cool or hip, just annoying and bothersome to look at.

Top Bottom