• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM 1 + 2 on Steam (and NS/Xbox/PS) has been upgraded with new re-release

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Something is wrong with movement acceleration in this version. I'm looks like a pinball bounce between wall.
I noticed that, On the switch it feels too twitchy. If you move forward it feels as if you move a few steps further than you expect. When turning you feel as if you move too wide. I’ve played doom since the old days and the feeling of momentum and weight the doom marine/slayer etc has, is kind of ingrained in my memory in the enhanced edition he feels different.
Hopefully they patch it.

Fake

Gold Member
I noticed that, On the switch it feels too twitchy. If you move forward it feels as if you move a few steps further than you expect. When turning you feel as if you move too wide. I’ve played doom since the old days and the feeling of momentum and weight the doom marine/slayer etc has, is kind of ingrained in my memory in the enhanced edition he feels different.
Hopefully they patch it.

This is probably something to do with physics related because there is a map on TNT that you need the Archvile explosion to reach a megasphere, but somehow is impossible in this version.

I have zdoom here and works just fine.

violence

Just took care of a major blindspot and beat Doom 2 for the first time. I think a lot of my enjoyment was that new soundtrack as I just started legacy of rust and it feels more retro due to it using the old music.

This might be my favorite release this year. Good God games talk too damn much these days.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just took care of a major Blindspot and beat Doom 2 for the first time. I think a lot of my enjoyment was that new soundtrack as I just started legacy of rust and it feels more retro due to it using the old music.

This might be my favorite release this year. Good God games talk too damn much these days.
Yeah like the last doom game.

Danknugz

they removed doom ii classic from gamepass and actually the entire xbox library, with no warning right as i was in the middle of it. had to buy a key off newegg

Top Bottom