• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom 3 XBOX shots

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow, those pics dont do the xbox version justice....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why does it look like these pics were taken from a video or something

I don't even think it's widescreen. It's like someone just cropped the pics

DSN2K

well it might play well..
erm.gif

i watched the video on the latest OXM demo disc of Doom 3, running off of an xbox.. and i nearly creamed myself..

i almost want this game more than halo 2.

Insertia

looks decent enough in those screens. the lighting and texture detail has taken a major hit in the Xbox version though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the game is FAR more impressive in person. those screens are terrible

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm definitely going to be playing both versions. Co-Op with my friend (who is purchasing the Xbox version) sounds too tempting to pass up. I won't buy the Xbox port but I will most definitely rent it.

dorio

Banned
xbox version for me. that's what the thing is for, to play games. My computer is for slowing to a crawl while I try to run 3 programs at once. No thanks.

Drey1082

Does anyone think that those screens look a lot like screens that might come out of chronicles of riddick? The graphics look very similar, which i don't think is actually a bad thing.

Sysgen

Drey1082 said:
Does anyone think that those screens look a lot like screens that might come out of chronicles of riddick? The graphics look very similar, which i don't think is actually a bad thing.

Riddick spoiled Doom3's coming out party, though it will look great on my 34" Widescreen. Now I'm hearing that Splinetr Cell 3 will also use normal mapping. I wonder if there is a list of games that is coming out using this tech.

Gattsu25

Banned
remind me...what exactly is normal mapping and how does it differenciate itself from the specular and bump mapping that is used in countless other Xbox and PC games before the term 'normal mapping' was penned by the demon Hermongelous

Top Bottom