• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom characters + Smash TV style gameplay = ???

Matlock

Banned
Man, this game keeps getting crazier...although I notice myself not using any of the other weapons. Dunno why.

LakeEarth

I love that game, but it just doesn't lead anywhere. No bosses (except for the occasional tank)... there really be some goal rather than just keep going till you die.

darscot

Interesting but the control sucks why is up/down arrow move vertical not move forward? Also left/right is move horizontal not straff?

Matlock

Banned
Well, because you're aiming with the mouse, quite simply. Why program extra stuff in when you really don't have to?

darscot

If you don't want your game to suck then you have to program good controls. You aim with the mouse in lots of games and none of them control like this? Try and image a FPS that the up arrow is go North no matter what. It makes no sense. Granted this is top down but still it's really weird. Or at least just have his arm move and not the whole character with the mouse.

The controls are fine. Up is up, down is down, left is left, and right is right. Move and shoot with the mouse. It is the same as Smash TV or Robotron except instead of a second joystick to fire you use the mouse.

Top Bottom