• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

This looks so cool
blush.gif
What is is? an occulus rift addon for PS4? I don't do console gaming anymore

Artanisix

HOTS is pretty much unplayable without friends, would not recommend it. the bar is too low and the people you will random match with have a good chance of being completely horrible (not to flame, as it is expected)

but it's a lot of fun as a casual romp with some buddies unless your name is procarbine and you shit on our hero comp every game

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
haly whats the fastest way to make gold in hots?? need to get more gold for abathur

Level rotation heroes to level 5 (500g)
Do daily quests (200-800g)
Win games (30g)
Level your account (2000g at level 20, 25, 30, 35, 40)

There's an XP boost going on right now so if you want to get stuff to 5 really quickly, or get a few player levels, now is the time.

Haly

Subtitles mang.

Although you bring up a good point this would make good lipreading practice if I could move around her and try to read her words from different angles.

FUTURE.

bounchfx

Played a few games of HOTS.

If Dota difficulty is the equivalent of NFL, then HOTS is high school football at best.

The problem is that Blizzard with all their money still dont' have voice chat in the game which is a joke.

I donno, it feels like baby's first moba, I'm not even sure high school football is that easy. I like it, it's a fun game, though I'd probably never play it without a friend specifically asking me to. I am kind of annoyed there isn't any way to chat with your opponents, but I guess that's them trying to keep toxicity out?

also, I have seen some comebacks before, but they're not common

HoTS feels like a completely different game than Dota 2 and really shouldnt be directly compared because of it.

would very much agree with this.

Interfectum

HotS doesn't have any of the highs or lows of Dota. Whether I win or lose I don't really care. Similar to WoW battlegrounds... you just queue back up and try again.

The reason why HotS is so appealing though is due to the shorter games, you are teaming fighting at minute one and, like I said earlier, it lacks the lows that Dota 2 has. You can't really fuck up in the game as there's nothing you can do to ruin the game for your team unless you AFK at the fountain... and even then if AI takes over it might be for the better. It's fun to play with a real life friend or two. Soloing is misery though and I wouldn't recommend.

If I were scoring it among other MOBAs I'd prolly give it a 6/10 (with Dota 2 being a 10/10).

abunai

Mines is the best, spider queen the worst
I always got the dragon map so that made an already tedious game moreso
Thankfully my friends stopped playing too

Just tried the hearthstone tavern brawls, jesus christ blizzard can't you balance anything properly, getting Nefarian basically means an insta win, he is so OP.

MikeDown

Banned
Unless it is a 5 stack or if I can't get some gaffer to play with me I'm 100% done with dota. It is just too frustrating too loose so many games in a row due to your teammates, I'm not saying it was all them and I played perfectly or anything like that though. It isn't mentally healthy for me.

Unless it is a 5 stack or if I can't get some gaffer to play with me I'm 100% done with dota. It is just too frustrating too loose so many games in a row due to your teammates, I'm not saying it was all them and I played perfectly or anything like that though. It isn't mentally healthy for me.

We know those feels. Join the GAF guild. Can't guarantee wins, but we can probably guarantee matches with less ragers.

Yeah I rarely play anymore by myself, there is very little fun to be had when all you can expect in your team are toxic asshats. Add me if you ever feel like playing with someone who is chill even in the darkest of times, pushing high ground against a techies.

Haly

No, the reconnecting is still stuck in the 90s.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish I could say the same, but I have just been busy putting together furniture, being distracted by E3, and running around since getting my now job and place.

I wonder if old mods will automatically work in the Source 2 version, or if people will have to republish them first.

inkls

Wtf inkls I thought you were 3k.
LCnCRPK.gif

i am in my heart. I actually took a super long break from ranked up until yesterday because i was tired of have the 2.5k numbers and because i need to rub it in pratfall's face when i get higher than him.

And yeah, invoker and brood aren't probably the best ones to climb.

shira

so i've been trying to rank up to 3k mmr, currently at 2.5k

I'm 5-6 so far. Can anyone give me feedback on my games?

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/75241172

Play mad gud support

I am legit just waiting for reborn because I can't stand the UI now that I've seen the new one

It's literally the HotS UI

Play heroes 2k players can't deal with.

Like Bristle or BS

Or Viper if you're truly scum

Or yeah Slgarbage, Letrash, Gyrodumpster

Pratfall

i am in my heart. I actually took a super long break from ranked up until yesterday because i was tired of have the 2.5k numbers and because i need to rub it in pratfall's face when i get higher than him.

And yeah, invoker and brood aren't probably the best ones to climb.

starting my climb tonight, gl catching up

Kade

Haven't played Dota for almost two weeks but I'll come back for the Reborn Beta. The last 10 or so games I've played were extremely rough.

abunai

Haven't played Dota for almost two weeks but I'll come back for the Reborn Beta. The last 10 or so games I've played were extremely rough.

same. it's been roUughh.
A friend picked techies (why); the game went 85 minutes, the other team never bought a gem. 45 minutes of the game was us stuck in the base because my friends didn't farm when we had map control.

we won eventually but it did not feel like it
sick.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And wait for compendium stuff to be done, you get idiots trying crazy things to fulfill challenges.

That should make it easier to win if you are really low, since you are statistically more likely to have the idiot on the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom