• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodja

Ranked is gonna be disabled for a bit for the Beta client, but other than that it isn't segregated from the standard client.

Nice.

I don't think I'll start the old client ever again, hopefully.

Kard8p3

no ranked in reborn for a few days
cry.gif
cry.gif

bounchfx

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ranked is gonna be disabled for a bit for the Beta client, but other than that it isn't segregated from the standard client.

Wait what, you'll be matched with people playing Source 1 Dota?

I figured the reborn client would be like the beta client, separate MM pools.

Yeah if that's the case I won't be using the regular client again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Players with different custom terrains equipped will be able to play together, with each player seeing a different version of the map.
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Over the coming months, we'll be substantially improving the reliability of our game server network. By taking full advantage of Steam's expanding worldwide infrastructure and making use of a few new technologies, players will now have better connection quality and reduced service disruptions.
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Additionally, we've expanded the edge of our network to three terabits per second, and over the past six months we've doubled our server capacity in Singapore and increased capacity in US East by 40%. Over the next six months we are planning to expand worldwide capacity by over 50%.
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Acinixys

Record and edit your favorite Dota matches - ones you've participated in or any that you've downloaded. Animate dynamic camera moves, add or remove characters, and change map environments to showcase your wins or highlight an exciting team fight from a tournament.

No need for shadowplay or FRAPS

Thank you based Valve

Now I can save all my rampages for easy sharing

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
how do i join the gaf guild?

Join the public Neogaf chat. Right upper side, + icon, search for "neogaf".

And then say something in the chat. Once I see you, I'll send you an invite.

MORE RESPONSIVE INPUT
One of the ways Source 2 directly improves gameplay is by reducing the latency between issuing a command and seeing your hero react to that command. Our redesigned input system now allows the server to process mouse clicks and key presses directly into visible actions more quickly than before.
THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. FINALLY.

bbd23

Also i'd like to point out that I was going to make a joke about my brother working at valve and the update coming tonight but I closed the tab.

Mordeccai

I need but one emoticon for my face when I came home from work, showered, opened dota after a random update and seeing the beta is live:

mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You better be extracting files steam, you downloaded 7 Gigs in 8 minutes, now you are telling me the last 100MB is going to take 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom