• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck! My update was 3.9 gb and paused it, now it's back to zero!
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

Ah man, I need to open 3 more of those compendium treasures to get the 11 level bonus....

ugh. :(

anyone have dupes they dont need? not that I'm expecting it...

Qvoth

Yeah. When you have the beta installed, you get a prompt when you open to dota to choose the old client, the new client, or the dev tools.

so it is ok to uninstall the just the dev tools?
not like i'll be using them for custom games anymore

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder if the map changes are intended. The Tile map has always been off, but no one really drilled valve about it since it looked like it was supposed to be an example of the tile system. Yet now its the one being used for match making.

The map being bigger is probably intended. The Dota 2 map has always been 5% smaller than the WC3 version, this brings the map size in line with the WC3 map.

Also I hope the hero picker is on the list of updates. It's jarring to go from the new nice GUI to the old bland blurry background hero picker.

Also there doesn't appear to be any kind of store, or even a menu placeholder for it. I would have thought that would be a priority to have working.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The map being bigger is probably intended. The Dota 2 map has always been 5% smaller than the WC3 version, this brings the map size in line with the WC3 map.

Also I hope the hero picker is on the list of updates. It's jarring to go from the new nice GUI to the old bland blurry background hero picker.

Also there doesn't appear to be any kind of store, or even a menu placeholder for it. I would have thought that would be a priority to have working.

There are so many small thing missing, I'm scared to actually try a normal game in it.

Chris R

Any idea if the new client will improve performance on VERY low end hardware? The game will run on my laptop, but not very well. If the new client smooths things out maybe I can play some games on the go :D

Does anyone have the art from the compendium of the wall of immortals?
Any idea if the new client will improve performance on VERY low end hardware? The game will run on my laptop, but not very well. If the new client smooths things out maybe I can play some games on the go :D
Anecdotal evidence here but I have a crappy laptop and I'm getting some good framerate increases.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope Valve makes some tool to help people know if their PCs are good enough to host, some people's PCs just suck.

shira

Anyone with high-end rigs not noticing anything different?

Tried out one of the guided bot matches with Lina, it's pretty cool. They don't let you do your own thing at all, they force you to skill/itemize exactly how they want it and you lane where they want you to lane. It's mostly focused on early game though, mid to late they only let you buy specific items but other than that you can do whatever. I wonder how it changes if you're doing really poorly.

Their Lina item build is: Phase > Drums > Euls > Octarine > MKB

A shame that the tutorial doesn't teach you how to use the Euls but maybe that's WIP, I hope they add more heroes to that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So since you cant view your compendium in the beta and i right assume you cant do the challenges there either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom