• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF my update is finished. then load up the game and found out it's not on reborn. Then it started to download again!
rage.gif
rage.gif

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Every custom game seems to be hosted by a troll that wont start the game when it hits 10/10 :(

Yeah its annoying. I'm sure Valve will do a system where the game will automatically start when the lobby is full. SC2 has that mechanic and it works well 99% of the time

Deadly

I think it might be the opposite, actually. My ranked games have gone way better tahn my other games lately, but the stats seem off. That said, it has me at quite a few triple kills and that sounds right, so maybe so.
I only have stats for my past 3 games and I barely play unranked so I think it does seem more likely.

Zeknurn

After trying for over two hours I finally got into a game of Overthrow and we got stomped by a Storm Spirit with host advantage. We were multiple heroes on top of the item drop off every time and he always zoomed in to grab the item before anyone.

They need to add dedicated servers for custom games asap.

Razzer

Survival coop wasn't great. Tbf our Jugg couldn't buy items and left, but even then the first wave took like 15 mins to get even remotely interesting then suddenly we were struggling to survive at all outta nowhere. Mode definitely needs a lot of balancing.

ScOULaris

So, yeah. Custom games are unplayable at the moment. As others have said, 99% of all lobby hosts are AFK and won't start the game. Not sure why the hell that is, but I suppose a Kick function will have to be implemented soon.

I also agree that we need dedicated servers for custom games, or at least some method of switching hosts dynamically when the original host leaves the game. How did this work in Brood War and Warcraft 3?

In BW it was never an issue if the host left once the game had started.

Tworak

So, yeah. Custom games are unplayable at the moment. As others have said, 99% of all lobby hosts are AFK and won't start the game. Not sure why the hell that is, but I suppose a Kick function will have to be implemented soon.

I also agree that we need dedicated servers for custom games, or at least some method of switching hosts dynamically when the original host leaves the game. How did this work in Brood War and Warcraft 3?

In BW it was never an issue if the host left once the game had started.
ahh that explains my issues. I was cursing the name of valve and gaben instead it's the fault of some
BabyRage.png

ScOULaris

ahh that explains my issues. I was cursing the name of valve and gaben instead it's the fault of some
BabyRage.png

Well, it is Valve's fault for not implementing a Kick feature, but this is the first few days of Beta so they get a pass. I'm confident that these kinks will be worked out in time for the full Reborn release.

Can't spectate games ATM the thing is stuck at "waiting for game data", but the list shows that there are people spectating games, does it also show games being played from the source 1 client?

Well, it is Valve's fault for not implementing a Kick feature, but this is the first few days of Beta so they get a pass. I'm confident that these kinks will be worked out in time for the full Reborn release.

My experience has been that 1 player always leaves the game on loading screen, only managed to play 1 game thus far.

Hero statistics are broken, it displays the same number through any selection you make no matter the hero and I'd assume the overall statistics on the pentagon graph not being accurate as well.

Pratfall

they dont plan for this thing to leave beta until mid-late august (november in valvetime). much work to be done. everyone take a deep breath and keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom