• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

After 3 hours between yesterday and today, have only been able to play one game successfully in reborn. Guess I'll come back to this in a month or so. Shame, cause the UI is super nice and very attractive, to bad the network was a complete after thought. back to regular dota2

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
57 chests, still no Faceless Rex.

I am a moron.

taMUWmq.jpg

Baha

If someone can figure out how to let players play as a courier and then make levels with hazards and heroes out to kill them, that would be neat. The point of each level would be trying to get the bottle to the mid lane or something. Final level could be sneaking to the secret shop for the divine rapier.

JC Sera

An idea for a mod I got when I was watching the demo they did months ago with source 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hth4u65zfc
to show how far they could push the system they flooded it with as many creeps as possible.
This reminded me of the gamecube tech demo, which did the same thing with marios.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uCnbDrp9o
This tech demo eventually became the base to pikmin

What I'm trying to say is you could have dota pikmin. With tiny throw and everything.

MikeDown

Banned
I just had the most clutch game I have had in a while, granted it wouldn't have been that way prolly if i hadn't thrown it early on by attempting to get rapier out of the gate. But the win was sooooooo satisfying.
dDxtGDh.png

IFaGSuN.png

Ok, custom game ideas boys. So far the best idea I have gotten is Dank Memes.

Reforestation Wars featuring
anuxi_deal.gif
, the objective is simple, to grow as many trees as possible before the time runs out.

I just had the most clutch game I have had in a while, granted it wouldn't have been that way prolly if i hadn't thrown it early on by attempting to get rapier out of the gate. But the win was sooooooo satisfying.
dDxtGDh.png

IFaGSuN.png

Slardar build almost makes me want to tear up.

Quesa

Courier clicker. Three very short lanes set up similar to a regular dota map. Three couriers, that all ten players on two teams control at once. The object is to have your team click the courier closer to your tower, where it will die. If your tower gets the kill, you get a point. Get two points to win a round. First to 5 rounds wins.

shira

Courier clicker. Three very short lanes set up similar to a regular dota map. Three couriers, that all ten players on two teams control at once. The object is to have your team click the courier closer to your tower, where it will die. If your tower gets the kill, you get a point. Get two points to win a round. First to 5 rounds wins.

In my game nobody would buy the courier - you better make them free
facepalm.gif

t0rment

never playing normal mode again. can't wait for custom games to work properly so i can get some enjoyment out of dota.

also, mmr is the worst skill metric conceived.

MikeDown

Banned
Ok, custom game ideas boys. So far the best idea I have gotten is Dank Memes.
Okay, here is my pitch. Make a mod where you build massive armies of creeps and you can purchase item upgrades to improve their skills. Your chosen hero acts like the commander of your army, giving them buffs in combat.

Think last night may have been a tipping point. Having people abandon in at least half of my matches, often after the early game, resulting in a huge amount of wasted time and frustration. Seriously impeding on my enjoyment of the game, and I'll probably stop playing if it carries on like this.

FACE

Banned
Think last night may have been a tipping point. Having people abandon in at least half of my matches, often after the early game, resulting in a huge amount of wasted time and frustration. Seriously impeding on my enjoyment of the game, and I'll probably stop playing if it carries on like this.

Play with gaffers dude.

MikeDown

Banned
PM me I add you on steam

Add me so we can play from time to time, don't let those jerks drag you down along with them, always keep your head up. keep your mind set, keep your farm strong!

bounchfx

some of my friends are saying it might not be the official account, and not to take everything they say completely legit. honestly I have no clue.

this: http://steamcommunity.com/id/adultswimgames
vs this: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198133288951

his previous account names apparently: http://i.imgur.com/DYbgIif.jpg

stanley parable was 10$ on release iirc

yeah, though to be fair sets used to be $8-$15 each. lately I haven't seen an announcer price that high. I would have a hard time imagining it over 10, let alone 7 though tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom