• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

abunai

redeye is a sick host and has been in esports longer than anyone relevant in the dota scene
he can learn
far better than yames as a host anyway

shira

Better than DJwheat imo

I will give you that. DJ Wheat would have me throwing tomatoes at my monitor.

I don't even know who that is.

Gnn3Txw.gif

Some really old guy who keeps getting hired for some bizarre reason

holy shit, sending one of your lycan wolves into the rosh pit and then BOTing in on it is so dirty

It didn't occur to me til I started using my wolf to scout the pit, for some reason I thought it wouldn't work.

EDIT: Also, I remember Yames saying that he would be against redeye hosting because the dude has a huge ego and he knows about dudes with huge egos

GIFF SHEEVER

Tieske

Neo Member
Agree. A country of scammers and smartasses. No wonder we voted Berlusconi, he was the Italian dream, steal from everyone else and trick the law, get hot grills.

Hope we get conquered by Germany or something. We tried in WW2 but we fucking sucked.

oh well, at least ur food is best food eu

maybe earth

AjHYfHm.png

Best feeling in the world going from a terrible game with a 3 stack playing their own game into a 5 random dudes actually playing together as a team.

I got a question regarding pudge itemization, so I went ethereal as my first big item after blink and my team was hassling about it, telling me to get HH instead.

I thought it was a good pick for this particular match since most of enemy damage output was physical (Troll, Wind Ranger, LC) and ethereal counters most of them easily, not to mention I could also use it to amplify dismember damage +3 other nukers on our team (Disruptor, Dark Seer, Zeus) and boy were they falling like flies.

Overall I think ethereal is a much better get than HH for the potential it offers late game because it scales much better, the latter being in my opinion a much more situational build for him. Was I really in the wrong for picking it that early? What would have been a better item instead?

domstah

Anyone thinking Yames won't be there is crazy. He will be doing his schtick somewhere - the fact that Weppas and Skrff got picked to be the observers, makes it clear that James had some influence on these picks.

RedEye is a super solid replacement, and far better suited to the role of host who has to carry an hour-long preshow or fill dead air for 15 minutes while a bad computer is swapped out. I'm sure we will see James doing his players on the couch watching games thing.

TI5 is going to be sick though - sad that there are less "color" commentary this year so I guess the Newb stream is probably dead, but I'm really looking forward to quality DotA with a really solid commentary team to hype us through it.

rexor0717

Anyone thinking Yames won't be there is crazy. He will be doing his schtick somewhere - the fact that Weppas and Skrff got picked to be the observers, makes it clear that James had some influence on these picks.

He's the best, but maybe I'll have to just settle for his twitch emote.

I'd be really surprised if sheever isn't officially invited for something, if for nothing else than diversity

she wasn't great last year but it's not a good look if it's all vaguely nerdy white and asian dudes along with one old guy, but I guess Kaci does do what she does but better.

Strider

I was 2 kills away from setting my highest kill record just now :(

I hate that my highest kill game is with Riki

sick.gif

I was forced into playing him because of an all random match.

Reckoner

Guys

Is Winter Wyvern the ultimate counter pick to a possibly very well farmed Satanic Phantom Assassin? Or maybe, should I just say she is the ultimate support hero?

For real, she's legit good and would also make for some good publicity as the first (?) woman host in esport.

Kaci isn't exactly an host, she's more of an interviewer thing (?), sheever is desk host.
dude every night I get back to the hotel and this straight rail billiards or whatever is on and I keep watching it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom